Sign in to follow this  
TheWaters

Wireless 2019

As long as Travis is there people will be happy, but tbf to ASAP his set was very busy at Parklife this year. 

I'd imagine we will get a bit of British grime and rap, but the American scene is defo quite popular at the moment. Would love to see Slowthai there. 

Could 'Gucci Gang' do it? But they aren't British - can't think of any names from the top of my head.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

ASAP Rocky was a second stage headliner at Parklife this year. Doesn’t seem like a reasonable headliner at all.

Anyway, if it’s Cardi and Travis for the other two then they’ll surely have a British act for the other one. I would think a lot of people at Wireless will be more into the British scene than anything and would be disappointed with three American names.

Who could it feasibly be from the British scene though? Stormzy, Skepta and Giggs all played recently and they're the only guys I can think of who are big enough. Maybe Dizzee Rascal but that would be a bit underwhelming imo.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Who could it feasibly be from the British scene though? Stormzy, Skepta and Giggs all played recently and they're the only guys I can think of who are big enough. Maybe Dizzee Rascal but that would be a bit underwhelming imo.

Yeah besides those three I genuinely don't know what other British act could do it. JME could probably sub or 3rd with a new album but that's max. Dizzee is probably the only other option but would be a weak booking for headliner.

Skepta or BBK would be my guess. Sure it hasn’t been long since either but Skepta should have new stuff out to stir up a bit of interest again, and if not then BBK is just a reliable option.

well they've not long taken the old line up from the website today (been checking daily)

This should be getting announced in the week. most probably next Wednesday/Thursday on Capital 

59 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah besides those three I genuinely don't know what other British act could do it. JME could probably sub or 3rd with a new album but that's max. Dizzee is probably the only other option but would be a weak booking for headliner.

my absolute dream would be Kano with some classic anniversary set, only UK act that hasn't headlined Wireless who deserves it. 

but Giggs with a new album next month, would he now warrant a headline slot after last year? 

1 hour ago, iFirework said:

Do we reckon the announcement could be tomorrow with the website change today?

could have an announcement tomorrow with the line up dropping Friday

but they normally give a day in advance for Capital to push the promo.

I have a feeling they're setting it for next Friday. payday for a lot of people 

Wiley and Skepta are still beefing so doubt BBK but Skepta and Giggs probably could. I'd rather Giggs tbf, especially with a new album.

46 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Wiley and Skepta are still beefing so doubt BBK but Skepta and Giggs probably could. I'd rather Giggs tbf, especially with a new album.

I honestly think it'll be Giggs if anyone. 

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah Giggs definitely seems plausible, especially with new material out. I’m sure Giggs, Travis and Cardi would sell well.

easily!! 

if last year could then that will. as I said before Kano really is my preferred choice now as he's showing he's in the studio

next week will be exciting 

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Wiley hasn’t performed with BBK for years has he?

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wiley hasn’t performed with BBK for years has he?

Honestly not a clue, I'd always assumed he had though as he never officially left. 

If he hasn't performed with them in year then yeah BBK is definitely a shout.

4 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

I really wouldn’t be surprised if Hus was lined up to headline this and they’ve had to reorganise or wait to see if he still can.

Doubt it, he had to pull out last year because he was arrested and they surely wouldn't book him to headline with a sentencing still to come. Now he's been given 8 months I think? Wireless wouldn't have took the risk in booking him.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Honestly not a clue, I'd always assumed he had though as he never officially left. 

Doubt it, he had to pull out last year because he was arrested and they surely wouldn't book him to headline with a sentencing still to come. Now he's been given 8 months I think? Wireless wouldn't have took the risk in booking him.

Not even sure what warrants a J Hus headline either.

5 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Yeah that too, not big enough at all. Got a new album dropping when he's out apparently so maybe next year lmao

15 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah that too, not big enough at all. Got a new album dropping when he's out apparently so maybe next year lmao

Exactly... He's probably the last headliner the local area would be happy for, imagine the outrage once they find anything about him ffs hahaha 

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Lined up was the key phrase, not necessarily booked.

46 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

He’s probably the biggest British act who hasn’t done it before (Stormzy/Skepta/BBK), especially in terms of crossover. On the back of a new record, he will be pushed everywhere, especially at Wireless.

4 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Lined up was the key phrase, not necessarily booked.

He’s probably the biggest British act who hasn’t done it before (Stormzy/Skepta/BBK), especially in terms of crossover. On the back of a new record, he will be pushed everywhere, especially at Wireless.

I'd say Ghetts, Kano are the two biggest UK grime artists who haven't headlined the festival who people would much prefer to see... 

Just now, TGCarr said:

I'd say Ghetts, Kano are the two biggest UK grime artists who haven't headlined the festival who people would much prefer to see... 

Why would you say that? As a joke?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why would you say that? As a joke?

you're telling me london crowd would prefer hus to the two biggest lyrical legends?

dear me 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, iFirework said:

What do you reckon the chances of ASAP would be? I reckon he'd be an appealing headliner to many

Rocky. Read back a bit.

43 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

you're telling me london crowd would prefer hus to the two biggest lyrical legends?

dear me 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Give me Ghetts any day over Giggs or whoever but he was about sixth down the 1Xtra stage at Reading. Kano would be substantially bigger but still not a headliner.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Rocky. Read back a bit.

Give me Ghetts any day over Giggs or whoever but he was about sixth down the 1Xtra stage at Reading. Kano would be substantially bigger but still not a headliner.

I'd probably smack everyone if Ghetts was on the main stage. would probably drop my mum at home for hype sakes