Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

1 hour ago, stu_kent said:

Not too long to wait but that clip isn't giving too much away.  I'm guessing that there's some significance to the very brief shot of Pagoda Plaza/Metropolis, in light of @mr flow's earlier comment?!

The Boomtown comment for the video explains a bit more: 

A NEW WORLD IS COMING!

techno / house / acid

This is what will replace the big stage i mentioned earlier

2 minutes ago, mr flow said:

A NEW WORLD IS COMING!

techno / house / acid

Ooh that does sound appealing. 

They'd struggle to have a better 'acid' stage than Tribe of Frog though. That place is magical.

19 minutes ago, mr flow said:

A NEW WORLD IS COMING!

techno / house / acid

So is this going to be a big stage lile Sector 6 / Bang Hai Towers?

Techno / House & Acid..... Ill be living at that stage next August. @bennyhana22

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Perfect. So 6th December it is announced? Not too long to wait then.

I thought I read somewhere the headliners were announced then too... or was that in Feb?

I don't think the headliners will get announced as early this year. I'm also not sure if you'll get line ups for the new stage on 6th of December either, but hopefully you will.

Edited by mr flow

30 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

So is this going to be a big stage lile Sector 6 / Bang Hai Towers?

Techno / House & Acid..... Ill be living at that stage next August. @bennyhana22

GAH!

@mr flow mentioned that this might be coming.

:( :( :( 

I'm back to the Farm as my one-festival-a-year model (although I seem to have won the lottery and am incorporating 2 nights at Dimensions into a family holiday in Croatia ??).

So, as mentioned to mr f, Block9 and the rest of them had better play a flippin' blinder...

My only small anxiety for the wonderful sounding new Boomtown stage is if it ends up with sound as quiet and disappointing as the Pagoda Plaza which was, quite frankly, a bit shite!

Ben

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

GAH!

I'm back to the Farm as my one-festival-a-year model (although I seem to have won the lottery and am incorporating 2 nights at Dimensions into a family holiday in Croatia ??).

So, as mentioned to mr f, Block9 and the rest of them had better play a flippin' blinder...

My only small anxiety for the wonderful sounding new Boomtown stage is if it ends up with sound as quiet and disappointing as the Pagoda Plaza which was, quite frankly, a bit shite!

Ben

Im doing the Glastonbury / Boomtown double header. I thought you were too. Yeah the Pagoda Palace was a bit shit. My main hope is they keep the psychedelic forest and have techno Sunday on in there again. Enrico sangiuliano was probably my set of the weekend.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, payneruk said:

As someone who's never been to BT before. Is this good news for House music?

I think House and Techno aren’t particularly well represented at Boomtown, so I think it’s great news. I’m not so sure the Drum and Bass/Bass music crowd will be as happy though as it’ll mean less stages driven towards that music 

50 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I think House and Techno aren’t particularly well represented at Boomtown, so I think it’s great news. I’m not so sure the Drum and Bass/Bass music crowd will be as happy though as it’ll mean less stages driven towards that music 

They'll still have sector 6 though. Both sector 6 and bang hai were pretty well represented this year with DnB - keeping it as the one stage would do. 

15 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

GAH!

Ben

The first time we went in there, the sound was shit.  Other times it was pumping.  Simian Mobile Disco there was sweet sound levels.

They were monitoring sound levels at off site locations and cutting stage outputs depending on wind direction etc.  

15 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im doing the Glastonbury / Boomtown double header. I thought you were too. Yeah the Pagoda Palace was a bit shit. My main hope is they keep the psychedelic forest and have techno Sunday on in there again. Enrico sangiuliano was probably my set of the weekend.

Charlotte De Witte in the forest was probably my moment of the year.   Missed Enrico.  Fell in the mud!

15 hours ago, PDAD said:

They'll still have sector 6 though. Both sector 6 and bang hai were pretty well represented this year with DnB - keeping it as the one stage would do. 

Yeh, much as I love DnB (and I really really do!!) it wouldn't hurt to mix it up a bit. There's still a shed loan of DnB in the scrapyard and other places, and I definitely wouldn't mind exploring some more techno. 

Thanks for the little clip there, @mr flow - it has cheered my Thursday morning right up :)

17 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Hmmm I wonder how many of us are doing the double? Hopefully a few more  by resale time! Need to do a head count at the Glasto meet up :)

2 hours ago, stu_kent said:

The first time we went in there, the sound was shit.  Other times it was pumping.  Simian Mobile Disco there was sweet sound levels.

They were monitoring sound levels at off site locations and cutting stage outputs depending on wind direction etc.  

Charlotte De Witte in the forest was probably my moment of the year.   Missed Enrico.  Fell in the mud!

I was SOOOOOO bored at Pagoda Plaza waiting for SMD (who I had in firm pencil as a set to see...their DJ set at Latitude 2017 was incredible...) and the sound was so poor, that I sacked the monkeys off and went to Tribe of Frog for my second night in a row of stellar psytrance. And that's in the Boomtown area with the. best. sound. And that's not an opinion. It is FACT!

And that's such a bummer @stu_kent about Enrico...Charlotte was pretty good, Enrico was unbelievable. About as good a festival-ending set as you could imagine (I'm not trying to be an arse...!).

:)

Ben

10 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Hmmm I wonder how many of us are doing the double? Hopefully a few more  by resale time! Need to do a head count at the Glasto meet up :)

I've got a ticket for Glastonbury, but we are due to have our second child on the 31st of May, so i'm going to have to probably have to put my ticket back into the resale pot :( I've not given up the dream though, but logistically, i'm not sure it's possible!

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

went to Tribe of Frog for my second night in a row of stellar psytrance. And that's in the Boomtown area with the. best. sound. And that's not an opinion. It is FACT!

You are correct. 

I walked up those steps about 10 times this year to get back to Tribe of Frog and it was worth it every time. 

Just now, mr flow said:

I've got a ticket for Glastonbury, but we are due to have our second child on the 31st of May, so i'm going to have to probably have to put my ticket back into the resale pot :( I've not given up the dream though, but logistically, i'm not sure it's possible!

Oh, well congratulations! That's also a great day for a birthday - its the same as mine :)

Are you still planning on Boomtown? You seem pretty involved in the whole thing, so I assume so?

Will you lot please STOP tagging my username to posts in this thread* as it inevitably leads to me coming her to respond politely (as one should), thus serving only to remind me that I'm not going to Boomtown in 2019! Which is a bit rubbish.

:(

Ben
xx

*Obviously I only kind of mean this...x