tobydlb

Boardmasters 2019

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yes my dude. It’s in The S*n’s Bizarre column.

Makes you wonder who the third headliner could end up being, because Flo and Foals as two of the three is pretty big - an impressive third could see Boardmasters really making a name for itself in the big leagues.

Smashed it, cheers mate! 

1 hour ago, maxdillon7 said:

this is pretty fucking good, they’re really stepping up aren’t they

They've just got sub headliners standard, they've had that a while.

This lineup is starting to take shape very nicely indeed. Wonder who the third will be, could steal the show this year for lineups.

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

They've just got sub headliners standard, they've had that a while.

i’d argue that two acts who have headlined reading and glasto respectively, are a bit better than sub headliner standard 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

i’d argue that two acts who have headlined reading and glasto respectively, are a bit better than sub headliner standard 

I agree with this, significantly bigger acts than in previous years! Really hoping for the prodigy for the final headliner. Lots of grime already on the bill so unlikely to be skeppy. Definitely a big space for an “oldies” act either headlining or taking a big slot.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

Argue it all you want but a This Is Tomorrow headliner makes you sub at best at a major festival. 

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Argue it all you want but a This Is Tomorrow headliner makes you sub at best at a major festival. 

well they’re headlining this is tomrorow alongside noel gallagher, with stereophonics below em. Stereophonics headlined trnsmt (alongside arctic monkeys etc) and Noel Gallagher.. well he speaks for himself..as does his headline slot at IOW. 

I’d agree if you were saying people like slaves, franz ferdinand and giggs were sub headline standard- because giggs is headlining Nass and slaves headlining(ish) truck festival...but the fact they’re amongst the other acts should be enough to show they’re attracting more than sub headline 

2 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

well they’re headlining this is tomrorow alongside noel gallagher, with stereophonics below em. Stereophonics headlined trnsmt (alongside arctic monkeys etc) and Noel Gallagher.. well he speaks for himself..as does his headline slot at IOW. 

I’d agree if you were saying people like slaves, franz ferdinand and giggs were sub headline standard- because giggs is headlining Nass and slaves headlining(ish) truck festival...but the fact they’re amongst the other acts should be enough to show they’re attracting more than sub headline 

Who it has been said if TRNSMT only had 3 nights they would not have been booked, IOW clearly has gone to a medium sized fest and Noel G is not a headliner of a major festival, not Stereophonics....they were only a sub at T last time and they've only weekender since.

Any Thoughts if there will be Subs I see they've gone back to the 2017 lineup without the Logos possibilities of some pretty big subs to me Dizzee seems pretty likely to sub other then that I can't see anyone else subbing? 

14 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Any Thoughts if there will be Subs I see they've gone back to the 2017 lineup without the Logos possibilities of some pretty big subs to me Dizzee seems pretty likely to sub other then that I can't see anyone else subbing? 

Hmm dunno, giggs is massive right now. And could definitely see them squeezing Jorja Smith in as a sub. I’m hoping we’ve got other big acts in addition to the last headliner to be announced.

23 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

well they’re headlining this is tomrorow alongside noel gallagher, with stereophonics below em. 

Its 3 days and phonics are headlining a day. 

7 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Its 3 days and phonics are headlining a day. 

yeaah my bad, nevertheless, i'd say my point remains valid

I'm thinking Hozier might be the last headliner on the Friday as he's releasing a new album touring around this date seems pretty set on the scene that people want and is pretty big. might be labelled as a festival exclusive too. 

11 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I'm thinking Hozier might be the last headliner on the Friday as he's releasing a new album touring around this date seems pretty set on the scene that people want and is pretty big. might be labelled as a festival exclusive too. 

defo a possibility- is he the same callibre as foals and florence?( if he isn’t, i’d be surprised that they didnt announce him with foals maybe)

i’m imagining maybe two door or another global act// maybe stereophonics or new order?

11 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

defo a possibility- is he the same callibre as foals and florence?( if he isn’t, i’d be surprised that they didnt announce him with foals maybe)

i’m imagining maybe two door or another global act// maybe stereophonics or new order?

I definitely think he's a global act I mean that whole first album was great In retrospect he has dropped quite a bit but he still is headline status and to be honest I really like his new ep 

I don't think it'll be two door as they've been around before plus there headlining truck with foals too and I don't think that would be much of a push. stereophonics are always a possibility but I believe they've lost there headlining status lately kinda dropped off the market and new order wont appeal to their target audience I think. 

10 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I definitely think he's a global act I mean that whole first album was great In retrospect he has dropped quite a bit but he still is headline status and to be honest I really like his new ep 

I don't think it'll be two door as they've been around before plus there headlining truck with foals too and I don't think that would be much of a push. stereophonics are always a possibility but I believe they've lost there headlining status lately kinda dropped off the market and new order wont appeal to their target audience I think. 

i guess so/ i’d say stereophonics haven’t really lost their headlining status, they headlined trnsmt last year (alongside arctic monkeys, killers, queen etc) and are headlining this is tomorrow alongside noelG and foals 

kinda agree about new order, but chem bros headlined last year, and also headlined blue dot& two nights at ally pally— new order are also playing blue dot, and just did two nights at ally pally (obviously a coincidence, but shows similar callibre)

they will announce the last headliner in the next at the start of March I think just to boost ticket sales and then announce the rest of the line-up mid march which stages 

Wonder if the last headliner for this is doing both this and Victorious, cus weird they've both held back a headliner. Victorious has never done that before at least. 

33 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Wonder if the last headliner for this is doing both this and Victorious, cus weird they've both held back a headliner. Victorious has never done that before at least. 

new order possibly? would probably be a fit for both the lineups