tobydlb

Boardmasters 2019

Second Announcement Predictions= 

Bastille                   Florence & The Machine                 Foals 

Bombay Bicycle Club                      The Wombats               Anderson Paak & The Free                                                                                                                  Nationals

Miles Kane, Giggs (Special Guest), Dizzee Rascal, Jorja Smith, Franz Ferdinand, Gang Of Youths, Lewis Del Mar, Holy Goof, Shy FX, Lord Huron, Hockey Dad, Wilkinson B2B Sub focus, Idles

Edited by bigcharlie65

25 minutes ago, TlmT said:

Hope not, bastille have headlined before haven’t they?

Yeah they have. But catfish played twice in two years...

i’m saying headliners;  florence, two door cinema club, foals/noel gallagher

with subs as wombats, jess glynne alongside dizzee rascal and ‘special guest’ giggs

other acts; tom grennan, ten tonnes, jade bird, sunflower bean, parcels, johnny marr and shame 

45 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Do you recon they'll put it back to the 2017 format I thought that one was a lot better then last years 

if you’re talking 3headlines and 3 large subs, i doubt it, cos someone like florence is probably worth more than a headline and a sub from previous years/ but if the other two headliners are smaller cos they bagged  florence, it might be possible 

having said that, the fact they’ve got giggs as a special guest makes me think they’re not following a formula  

I really hope they get foals. I agree, I thought Kano (although I really like him) was a weak sub last year. I was hoping for Biffy, although potentially too big, considering they’ve got Florence already this year. 

Edited by ParkRanger14

probs TDCC or Bastille.

Tbh I reckon whoever they announce will be pretty strong, as the lineup is already class imo. 

1 hour ago, bigcharlie65 said:

So predictions lads?

sticking with foals or two door 

dream would be tame impala or noel G, but basically impossible 

Call it a hunch but I’m gonna go for FOALS will headline the Sunday night of Cornwall’s Boardmasters Festival, running from August 7 to 11. Yannis Philippakis and Co join the already announced Florence + The Machine. Mabel, Sam Fender, Martin Solveig, Jax Jones, Razorlight and Plan B. Some of the best known names in surfing will also be there for the World Surf League Qualifying Series.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Call it a hunch but I’m gonna go for FOALS will headline the Sunday night of Cornwall’s Boardmasters Festival, running from August 7 to 11. Yannis Philippakis and Co join the already announced Florence + The Machine. Mabel, Sam Fender, Martin Solveig, Jax Jones, Razorlight and Plan B. Some of the best known names in surfing will also be there for the World Surf League Qualifying Series.

Dental is this legit? ;) or does it just look it? 

56 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Neither razorlight or plan b have been announced for board masters...

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

FOALS will headline the Sunday night of Cornwall’s Boardmasters Festival, running from August 7 to 11. Yannis Philippakis and Co join the already announced Florence + The Machine. Mabel, Sam Fender, Martin Solveig, Jax Jones, Razorlight and Plan B. Some of the best known names in surfing will also be there for the World Surf League Qualifying Series.

Mate that's pretty cool but like is it ligit love that to happen 

31 minutes ago, ParkRanger14 said:

Dental is this legit? ;) or does it just look it? 

Yes my dude. It’s in The S*n’s Bizarre column.

Makes you wonder who the third headliner could end up being, because Flo and Foals as two of the three is pretty big - an impressive third could see Boardmasters really making a name for itself in the big leagues.

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Makes you wonder who the third headliner could end up being

who else is on the Global cycle? i know two door are, but played recently/ saw blossoms are playing the global awards thingy (as are Mabel, and they’re set to be announced tomorrow) but not sure if they’re big enough yet. the fact they’re not big enough might make them more likely? 2 biguns and a slightly less big act

giggs played below blossoms at reading a year or so ago, so if they did have blossoms, giggs could compensate as a sub... thoughts?

20 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

who else is on the Global cycle? i know two door are, but played recently/ saw blossoms are playing the global awards thingy (as are Mabel, and they’re set to be announced tomorrow) but not sure if they’re big enough yet. the fact they’re not big enough might make them more likely? 2 biguns and a slightly less big act

giggs played below blossoms at reading a year or so ago, so if they did have blossoms, giggs could compensate as a sub... thoughts?

Can’t see it being Blossoms. Seems like Live Nation have them on a short leash - they’d be a bit of a poor headliner too.

After two indie headliners then maybe something different for #3. I guess Skepta is at one Broadwick event this summer, maybe Chic & Nile, or probably biggest of all would be The Prodigy who Broadwick have recent history with.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

After two indie headliners then maybe something different for #3. I guess Skepta is at one Broadwick event this summer, maybe Chic & Nile, or probably biggest of all would be The Prodigy who Broadwick have recent history with.

agreed, you make a fair point. i did think Prodigy might fit in with the chem bros slot from last year- so might make sense.

In terms of the more ‘urban’ artists, Nass is normally a good reference point, also being part of VisionNine. Giggs and Lady Leshur are already crossing over. Loyle Carner being the obvious shout for the next announcement maybe.

21 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Weird The Sun isn't reporting both new headliners tomorrow....

because only one is being announced