Ite well pm me numbers if you want in and I'll set a group up. Signal will be spotty yeah but I figure you've got a better chance of getting a WhatsApp message through than seeing a tweet alert or whatever. 

32 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I figure you've got a better chance of getting a WhatsApp message through than seeing a tweet alert or whatever. 

PMSL :lol:

A 'net connection is a 'net connection. 

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

PMSL :lol:

A 'net connection is a 'net connection. 

Well obviously Neil but some apps are more reliable with limited data than others. In my experience twitter alerts are very unreliable while I can usually get a whatsapp message through pretty quickly. But thanks for your v intelligent contribution to the thread. 

Edited by Mash011
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Well obviously Neil but some apps are more reliable with limited spotty  than others. In my experience twitter alerts are very unreliable while I can usually get a whatsapp message through pretty quickly. But thanks for your v intelligent contribution to the thread. 

and thanks for your v intelligent contribution, too.  Only one of us is working from the facts. :)

Edited by eFestivals

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and thanks for your v intelligent contribution, too.  Only one of us is working from the facts. :)

Take it you don't want to be added to the group then pal

11 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Take it you don't want to be added to the group then pal

I've got a decent phone, but thanks anyway. :P

23 minutes ago, xxialac said:

What are the best twitter tags to follow to hear about secret shows? 

I see Annie is doing a piano only show in London on Tuesday.

Hmmmmmmmm, interesting

Just now, robith said:

I see Annie is doing a piano only show in London on Tuesday.

Hmmmmmmmm, interesting

Christ saw that and it didn't even cross my mind. That would be properly lovely, definitely keeping an eye open for it.

50 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Christ saw that and it didn't even cross my mind. That would be properly lovely, definitely keeping an eye open for it.

Surely there's a better-than-average chance now. Great stuff.

Whilst I'd absolutely love to see her play a few songs on the piano, a full set of piano songs at Cadogan Hall is massively overkill. She's a fantastic guitarist and wouldn't want to lose that.

Would be a bit like Tori Amos singing accompanied only by a guitar.

One of the highlight is the secret sets, and really looking forward to see what surprises are in store across the site this weekend.  The Low Anthem a few years ago were manic in the early hours.  Also Ezra Furman was also excellent with his covers set a couple of years ago.

Always seem to miss out on a few, but hopefully spot the signs this year.

Just been told by a steward that Gruff Rhys is on the piano stage at 16:30 tomorrow. Big Thief secret set was excellent 

• Upvote 2

Someone else can fill in the Tipi sets and everything else (Phoebe Bridgers/Boygenius on Friday, yes?), but this is what Line Of Best Fit put on at the piano stage:

Friday: Big Thief, Daniel Blumberg, Penelope Isles, Jeff Tweedy
Saturday: Gruff Rhys, Josh T Pearson, A Wesley Chung
Sunday: Titus Andronicus, Erin Rae, Jim White, Ezra Furman and John Cale in conversation, Jonathan Wilson

Was the Jeff tweedy set mentioned on Twitter I never got a notification and having seen st Vincent instead i’m a bit gutted

1 minute ago, OddRon said:

Was the Jeff tweedy set mentioned on Twitter I never got a notification and having seen st Vincent instead i’m a bit gutted

Yeah, we were at This Is The Kit and got a twitter notification from (I think) the line of best fit, just as Tweedy was about to start, so were able to leg it round there

5 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, we were at This Is The Kit and got a twitter notification from (I think) the line of best fit, just as Tweedy was about to start, so were able to leg it round there

Reckon it just slipped through then, will be sure to try and catch actual Wilco eventually, definitely glad I saw St Vincent