Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

23 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

We thinking the same so just checked and yes , splits today . There aren’t that many bands to “split” as yet so potential for them to drop more names today , it’s early so plenty of time , fingers crossed 

Fontaines DC recently supported Idles - a decent addition - you'll like them Ged, I reckon

Seems strange that there's been no email sent out and no update to the website, but at the same time no indication of anymore names yet to come? 

For a brief moment i was expecting a gradual release of names over the next couple of hours before announcing the day splits, but seeing as its now been nearly two hours since the announcement id imagine that's it in the way of announcements for today.  

Surely there’s more than that? They surely can’t have tweeted about more surprises and day splits and announced two acts? As for the two acts...rap isn’t my thing so action bronson isn’t for me but I do understand he’s quite big so a few might be happy with him. And as for the Fontaines, they’re decent but they’re up and coming. It’s not like they’re established with “chart success” or have an album or 5 songs a majority of people can name off the top of Their heads, don’t get me wrong, I like the sound of them but it’s not as if seeing them on the line up made had me buzzing. Maybe they’re dropped them two as they’re the only names of note coming today? Day splits may still come but with 20 more nothing acts?

The way they dropped the 2 names earlier, was expecting announcements every hour or so, doesn’t seem to be the case though. Big fan of Action Bronson, so happy with that, but was definitely not expecting him to be announced. Fontaines DC a good booking as well. Surely more to come.

Edited by Jonesy1

Fucking hell, looks like Thursday will be a quick trip in for kodaline and fat boy, at least it will save me on the beer tokens and paying for food ? absolute fucking shambles this year, added two acts today from what I can see! It’s getting embarrassing 

Their issue is, they can’t decide what kind of line up they want it to be. Take the Saturday for example, Blossoms (indie band) to AJ Tracey (grime/rapper) to Jess Glynne (pop/chart music) back to Kings of Leon, there’s no theme to the lineup, it’s all over the place, absolute fucking shit show.

Just now, Jonesy1 said:

Brilliant that we’re 9 weeks from the festival and they’ve announced 6 names for the Thursday :lol:

Maybe that was the “more surprises” they promised? The big surprise that only one stage will be open for 6 hours on the thursday???

Just now, TipToes24 said:

Maybe that was the “more surprises” they promised? The big surprise that only one stage will be open for 6 hours on the thursday???

Honestly there’s not much point opening the site for 6 acts, save themselves the hassle and do the Thursday in the car park. Wouldn’t write it off at this point :lol:

Have to say that the line up and way they have done the build up has been a complete and unmitigated disaster. As a group we have been looking forward to coming to Beni for years. We purchased tickets early, booked flight and a Villa so spent a lot of money to come to this 25th anniversary festival. We are now looking at things we can do outside the festival when we should be in the festival having an amazing time. We will still have an amazing time but it just won't be about the festival it will be about the Villa, the pool, the beach, a trip to Valencia, getting drunk with my mates, falling over etc.