All Points East Festival 2019

14 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Actually I may have completely made that O2 date up 

I thought earlier that she was doing two nights at Ally Pally this tour - which would've made her big enough - but it's actually two nights at the Apollo so I'd think otherwise now. Still probably works with a decent support bill I guess. I know RDB was on about wanting to book her to headline Bestival this year (2018) but she wasn't touring yet.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, James96 said:

It'd have to be a cheaper ticket surely, who in their right mind is going to pay £70 to see Christine and the Queens (even if the support bill is good)?

Her tickets are like £50 as is. I figure her crowd are fortysomething middle management types that just think that's how much these things cost. And @the wonderwhy.

16 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

What are they doing then? Playing live instruments? I've only ever seen the Chems in a dj-setup behind a mixing desk. Could be wrong about the next tour though. (Can't really see how you can play those songs live with guest singers)

You’ve only ever seen The Chemical Brothers live bro 

Just now, lighthouse said:

I've only ever seen Chem Bros standing behind a DJ-deck mixing their records. (And doing that very, mind!). What's The differente between Chems and a dj-set then? 

As for Christine: fantastic act.

That’s a live set. They’re doing the mixing live (supposedly). The main difference with a (DJ set) is they don’t play their own songs, usually. 

Like, I get the confusion because it does seem a bit silly, but that’s just how it works. 

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

That’s a live set. They’re doing the mixing live (supposedly). The main difference with a (DJ set) is they don’t play their own songs, usually. 

Like, I get the confusion because it does seem a bit silly, but that’s just how it works. 

They are triggering patches and building up their own tunes, layer by layer. They also automate on the fly. It is absolutely nothing like a dj set. They might not be playing instruments but they are performing live.

What they do is a world away from mixing one record into another and altering the pitch so both records are in sync.

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

They are triggering patches and building up their own tunes, layer by layer. They also automate on the fly. It is absolutely nothing like a dj set. They might not be playing instruments but they are performing live.

What they do is a world away from mixing one record into another and altering the pitch so both records are in sync.

I’m not going to pretend I know the intricacies of it like you, but cheers. Apologies if I over-simplified it :P 

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah, but that's what I meant: mixing songs behind a mixing desk. Be it their own songs or adding stuff by another DJ. You get the sentiment. Didn't realize the chems build their songs from scratch during each show.

Either way: I hope they change up their liveshow a bit for the next tour. Last time I saw them (2016) they still used the same lighting setup they used in 2007... (with the dancing duo during Do It Again, the green lazers during Hey Boy Hey Girl,...). I remember that setup aged terribly since pretty much every act has a more advanced lighting/display setup nowadays.

You are not drinking enough alcohol if you can remember their lighting.

Gonna go with Chems / Christine and the Queens / Foals / BMTH / The Strokes / Bon Iver (I know I'm basically only predicting Foals there).

Christine announced tomorrow (her London shows are tomorrow and Wed and both are sold out).

Foals next week, and then BMTH and The Strokes later on, probs after Christmas.

Vampy Weeks at Citadel, Kraftwerk at Blue Dot, New Order fucking anywhere, Disclosure at their own festival/any number of other things.

Dunno who else we were considering.

If Foals aren't at this then their own Finsbury show or Truck.

Edit: If so I'd sub New Order in for them.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Gonna go with Chems / Christine and the Queens / Foals / BMTH / The Strokes / Bon Iver (I know I'm basically only predicting Foals there).

Christine announced tomorrow (her London shows are tomorrow and Wed and both are sold out).

Foals next week, and then BMTH and The Strokes later on, probs after Christmas.

Vampy Weeks at Citadel, Kraftwerk at Blue Dot, New Order fucking anywhere, Disclosure at their own festival/any number of other things.

Dunno who else we were considering.

If Foals aren't at this then their own Finsbury show or Truck.

Would be a bit of a downgrade from last year for me, would only really be interested in Bon Iver but could see all of those acts you've suggested playing

Edited by James96

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I have a feeling the next announce is tomorrow and not today - it's what someone said to me.

Which suggests that BST is coming today (I heard yesterday or today for that).

Ah, was just about to ask if we were sure about an announcement today. Only saw somebody saying May 26st would be announced next.

Ah well, with all the time left, let's spread the announcements and have it sink in a poster at the time.

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I have a feeling the next announce is tomorrow and not today - it's what someone said to me.

Which suggests that BST is coming today (I heard yesterday or today for that).

Ahhh nice one. 

BST normal trail their announcements, so that’s a bit odd. But fair enough- maybe it’s a big un. 

Big fan of Christine and the Queens and love the new album, but is she not closer in size to some of the West Stage headliners last year (Lorde/Beck) than the main stage headliners?

I would've hoped for her as a strong sub on one of the days, maybe my expectations are too high (or I've just understated her popularity).

6 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Big fan of Christine and the Queens and love the new album, but is she not closer in size to some of the West Stage headliners last year (Lorde/Beck) than the main stage headliners?

I would've hoped for her as a strong sub on one of the days, maybe my expectations are too high (or I've just understated her popularity).

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Surely Lorde is bigger?