Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Stuart1000 said:

I don’t get why people are so sold on Catfish headlining this. Do we need to remind ourselves that they had to resort to a 2-4-1 offer on their Summer Sessions gig last summer (which had a much smaller capacity than TRNSMT does)?

i reckon they will have a pretty strong sub, probably snow patrol or gerry which would help, although their SS show had twin atlantic ( who have a pretty strong following in scotland) along with DMA's and Peace. so i do think they would have to go all out. there is probably a few people who would buy a trnsmt ticket regardless of the line up, i noticed the pre sale sold out according to the website. so maybe that would help, every headliner does seem way too small to headline though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

They briefly offered 2-4-1 on the Catfish day but after that it was just the other 2. They sold more then Kendrick Lamar who is undoubtedly a massive name. The day was actually very busy and not shocked if they've been booked for this. 

Would it not be fair to say that kendrick lamar is a bigger act than stormzy? and if he couldnt sell out bellahouston with 2-4-1 tickets then stormzy can be written off as at least a headliner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

Would it not be fair to say that kendrick lamar is a bigger act than stormzy? and if he couldnt sell out bellahouston with 2-4-1 tickets then stormzy can be written off as at least a headliner?

Kendrick Lamar is a bigger name atm yeah, but to be fair Stormzy is only going to get more popular in the coming months cause I'm assuming he'll have a new single soon plus he's doing Glasto.

I don't think Summer Sessions last year is always a great indicator. Kendrick sold out the Hydro rapid, but summer sessions last year seemed rushed and announced late. They've clearly learned their lesson this year and announced early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

You wanting Calvin Harris? Cause that's who you'll get if you introduce dance acts.

Absolutely no chance CH or any other shite Edm djs  I’m talking acts like  Chemical brothers/Prodigy/Chase and status/Faithless or daft punk

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Absolutely no chance CH or any other shite Edm djs  I’m talking acts like  Chemical brothers/Prodigy/Chase and status/Faithless or daft punk

 

Prodigy always pop up at Indie/rock festivals, wouldn't be surprised to see them at trnsmt eventually.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Absolutely no chance CH or any other shite Edm djs  I’m talking acts like  Chemical brothers/Prodigy/Chase and status/Faithless or daft punk

 

Chase & Status probs the closest you'd get I'd guess but still feel they'll stay away from dance acts tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Keane will be playing one day! They’ve been confirmed for a few festivals & they were TITP regulars too. I’m definitely going if they play 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, wishyboz6 said:

So has Stormzy but everyone is clamouring over him saying he fits the bill. He will not headline this. It would go against the organisers claims of it being a rock/indie festival. 

Stormzy only has one album out and he's headlining Glasto? Hahahaha.

Arctic Monkeys and The Killers did it on two, which is just enough for a headline slot but one. Nah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kendrick Lamar is much bigger and popular and he struggled at the Summer Sessions to sell tickets. Stormzy would be even worse. It isn’t going to happen. Why would they risk it when they know having Gerry Cinnamon as a headliner would sell more (not that I’m ever condoning that). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, The-Heartbreak-Kid said:

Stormzy only has one album out and he's headlining Glasto? Hahahaha.

Arctic Monkeys and The Killers did it on two, which is just enough for a headline slot but one. Nah.

Why is it so hard to understand that he could have 2 albums by the time he plays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Kendrick Lamar is much bigger and popular and he struggled at the Summer Sessions to sell tickets. Stormzy would be even worse. It isn’t going to happen. Why would they risk it when they know having Gerry Cinnamon as a headliner would sell more (not that I’m ever condoning that). 

I think it was just too soon after the Hydro show. That sold out but over time & tickets were quite pricey for those shoes. It was announced the day after the Hydro show. Doubt Stormzy would sell that well but stranger things have happened 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Why is it so hard to understand that he could have 2 albums by the time he plays?

"Could"

The second album COULD end up being rubbish, maybe the first one is as well I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Absolutely nobody thinks Dua Lipa is headlining, outside of one total idiot.

And we'll also count you as one of the many who'll deservedly be left behind in the evolution of major festivals.

I'm not an idiot just throwing out an idea it's honestly not a bad shout. She'd probably be a better announcement than George Ezra or Stormzy but whatever. I don't think she'll get announced but it's a suggestion 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

I'm not an idiot just throwing out an idea it's honestly not a bad shout. She'd probably be a better announcement than George Ezra or Stormzy but whatever. I don't think she'll get announced but it's a suggestion 

Tbf the person who knows thought it would have been a good booking, it can't be though because if you don't like an act then it's a bad booking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The-Heartbreak-Kid said:

Stormzy only has one album out and he's headlining Glasto? Hahahaha.

Arctic Monkeys and The Killers did it on two, which is just enough for a headline slot but one. Nah.

Oasis headlined glasto after one album are were on a similar level to Stormzy at the time

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some amount of utter shite been spouted on this thread. From Gerry cinnamon headlining hampden to an oasis/stormzy comparison, brilliant.

Announcement Monday so we can get this out the way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...