Download 2019

Steve1000

forgive my ignorance, but can you buy day tickets at Download? Considering going on the Saturday when Slipknot are playing, Mrs is a big fan and although I don't like them to the same extent, having missed out on two separate occasions, keen on seeing them myself. Already committed time and money to EOTR so wouldn't be able to go the whole of this festival unfortunately aswell. 

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Ah it's not a threat anymore, and the OG hair metal bands are getting on a bit. Might as well enjoy the nonsense of it all now rather than regret missing it later!

I saw van halen at their peak in 84 at Donington and loved it, I even saw him in his solo tour a few years later at the showering pavilion in Shepton. I'm pretty sure he was carried through the crowd on a boxing ring at some point ?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tyonks said:

forgive my ignorance, but can you buy day tickets at Download? Considering going on the Saturday when Slipknot are playing, Mrs is a big fan and although I don't like them to the same extent, having missed out on two separate occasions, keen on seeing them myself. Already committed time and money to EOTR so wouldn't be able to go the whole of this festival unfortunately aswell. 

They've definitely done them in the past, I just did the Friday in 2016. Don't know at what point they go on sale though.

26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Lynyrd Skynyrd are looking quite likely for this as they’re playing Grasspop and Zeigut has hinted they’re at Hellfest too. That’d make for a nice old folks Friday alongside Whitesnake and Def Lep. 

Hoping they'll be at Ramblin Man instead.

50 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Getting to Ramblin' Man is a pain in the proverbial for folk who cannot drive

Aw boo hoo! Try getting there from the North of Scotland. :) (We fly to Gatwick a share a pre booked taxi, costs about a tenner each each way)

On 10/25/2018 at 12:34 PM, Andre91 said:

I’ve filled out my prediction after the announcement: 

Def Leppard / Whitesnake / Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators / Tesla / Tremonti / Delain / Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown 

Rob Zombie / Anthrax 

Slipknot / Slayer (final UK show) / Trivium / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / While She Sleeps / Power Trip / Venom Prison 

Die Antwoord / Skindred 

Tool / Deftones / Alice In Chains / Opeth / Coheed and Cambria / Arch Enemy / Soulfly / Black Peaks

Enter Shikari / Jimmy Eat World 

That Sunday is too good. Not happening.

43 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

That Sunday is too good. Not happening.

I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Slash ends up subbing Tool; which would be arse. 

I’m really hoping that Die Antwoord end up subbing. What a great time that’d be. I think they’re more likely to headline the Zippo, though, and probably against Slipknot; which would also be arse as I wouldn’t be able to watch DA as there’s no chance I’m missing Slipknot. 

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Slash ends up subbing Tool; which would be arse. 

I’m really hoping that Die Antwoord end up subbing. What a great time that’d be. I think they’re more likely to headline the Zippo, though, and probably against Slipknot; which would also be arse as I wouldn’t be able to watch DA as there’s no chance I’m missing Slipknot. 

I'm pretty sure Slash will sub; dunno why he'd be before Whitesnake on the poster if he isn't. Would take Die Antwoord subbing Tool for a laugh though.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Why not? They’ve always had someone opposite them in the past. I don’t see any reason why that should change next year. 

Just because they didn't even clash anyone with Avenged and I reckon Slipknot are the biggest out of the three this year to the download mainstream. Could be wrong though obv.

52 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Just because they didn't even clash anyone with Avenged and I reckon Slipknot are the biggest out of the three this year to the download mainstream. Could be wrong though obv.

Are you sure :P ? Because You Me At Six, Bad Religion and Tesseract all clashed with A7X. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Are you sure :P ? Because You Me At Six, Bad Religion and Tesseract all clashed with A7X. 

Looking at the stage times Bad Religion didn't at all, YMAS only clashed with them for 25 mins and yeah Tesseract pretty much completely did tbf haha.

But yeah it would fucking suck if Die Antwoord clashed with Slipknot, hopefully our man AC knows that.

10 hours ago, Jericode said:

They've definitely done them in the past, I just did the Friday in 2016. Don't know at what point they go on sale though.

10 hours ago, devilman said:

Yeah. Usually released about Apr time. They try to flog the weekend tickets first.

Cheers ?

34 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Better have the Black Peaks boys on Tool day.

YES. Opening Main Stage that day would be perfect. 

I’m on the subject of them getting added to the Shikari tour, they’re not on that date I’m going to but im really tempted to go see them again on Jan on a date they are. 

• Like 1