ivan

Talking Heads

Just now, billum said:

He doesn't *actually* say he won't, only that "I'm not interested in that [reuniting Talking Heads as a nostalgia thing]", to which I choose to append "yet"

Yeah, but there's more to him than his words, and his words match that more of him.

I can't see it happening. He's someone always looking to explore the next thing rather than look back or repeat, and what he says there just underlines that.

And while he's probably not dripping in money he probably has all that he needs for what he wants to do plus plenty left over, so I can't see money tempting him either. I'd say he probably considers his art as more important.

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It's never really been on the cards though has it?

I'd thought till a year or two ago that Chris and Tina wouldn't have been interested, but a year or so ago there was some fake "they've reformed" news, and around that there were comments from the other three (not Byrne) that they'd be up for it.

Because (as far as I'm aware) it's the other three who have reason to be pissed off with Byrne and not the other way around (Byrne is reputed to have claimed songs for himself that they all wrote) that made me think it might happen.

On 2/3/2018 at 7:05 AM, eFestivals said:

I'd thought till a year or two ago that Chris and Tina wouldn't have been interested, but a year or so ago there was some fake "they've reformed" news, and around that there were comments from the other three (not Byrne) that they'd be up for it.

After the Tom Tom Club set on West Holts I asked Chris & Tina about coming back to Glasto with Talking Heads, and they were totally up for it, but complained that David was the one who just wasn't interested at all. He was on the Today prog last week saying exactly the same thing, but of course he *could* be putting this all out there so that someone (Coachella?) offers really silly money for him to do it...

If money was a motivator they'd have done it by now. he obviously doesnt need the money and has loads of other artistic projects on. Thats not to say it would never happen but he just doesnt seem motivated by money and is clearly more about the artistry. Highly commendable in my opinion although i'd love to see it.

support for Byrne's tour have been announced.

For the UK dates it's Laura Mvula.

Edited by eFestivals