Are Tories welcome at Glastonbury

Apone

16 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

saw a little of Biffy but seen him many times and had to call is a day at that point 

Oh, by the way, which one's Pink?

I think you gotta wear the right fashion accessories to not see the politics

800px-Horse_Blinkers_%25284240744343%252

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Nothing to do with JC - there are obnoxious people on the left just as there are on the right.

If that's surprising then have a look at some of what the right have had to say about the commoners and their lazy work-shy selfish ways etc, I think under the circumstances and the disgusting way the right have treated the least able and secure in society it's pretty damn restrained.

Exactly :) Consdering the shit the Tory regime is currently putting me through on a personal level, merely implying I want to share time with as few enablers of it as possible is being kind. Ps I don't love Corbyn, far from it.

We finally have a Politician that actually cares, understands our day to day struggle and wants everyone from all walks of life to be given a fighting chance, to have a better future with a decent home. A Politician who has stuck to his values and maintains the same  principles he had from the start of his political career. A politician who has certainly connected with me and it seems many many other people alike. The Conservatives and the right wing media attack dogs went after Jeremy Corbyn and members of his shadow cabinet in an absolutely merciless way verging on slanderous at times. Some of of the Rhetoric coming from the right was shameful with constant attacks, but  the moment the tables are turned they are all up in arms! Dianne Abbot and Corbyn got murdered for not getting their figures right, but it was ok for The Chancellor of the Exchequer to do it. Little was said about that. It seems to me that it's ok for the Conservatives to go on the attack and say and do what they like but when a little bit comes back, It's like "Oh My Gosh how dare you!"

All people want is fairness and at the moment the society of the 5th richest county is very far from being fair. Very very far from it. Light years away from it in fact and the longer Teresa May and the Tory's are in power things will only get worse!!

Edited by adjwholovesmusic
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Nothing to do with JC - there are obnoxious people on the left just as there are on the right.

If that's surprising then have a look at some of what the right have had to say about the commoners and their lazy work-shy selfish ways etc, I think under the circumstances and the disgusting way the right have treated the least able and secure in society it's pretty damn restrained.

To be fair the work-shy certainly do exist. It annoys me a little when people who are liberal scoff at the idea...it's just a fact of life that there's the bottom end of society and it's likely to have certain groups of people that can't be bothered and if they can will sit on benefits. 

7 minutes ago, adjwholovesmusic said:

We finally have a Politician that actually cares, understands our day to day struggle and wants everyone from all walks of life to be given a fighting chance, to have a better future with a decent home. A Politician who has stuck to his values and maintains the same  principles he had from the start of his political career. A politician who has certainly connected with me and it seems many many other people alike. The Conservatives and the right wing media attack dogs went after Jeremy Corbyn and members of his shadow cabinet in an absolutely merciless way verging on slanderous at times. Some of of the Rhetoric coming from the right was shameful with constant attacks, but  the moment the tables are turned they are all up in arms! Dianne Abbot and Corbyn got murdered for not getting their figures right, but it was ok for The Chancellor of the Exchequer to do it. Little was said about that. It seems to me that it's ok for the Conservatives to go on the attack and say and do what they like but when a little bit comes back, It's like "Oh My Gosh how dare you!"

All people want is fairness and at the moment the society of the 5th richest county is very far from being fair. Very very far from it. Light years away from it in fact and the longer Teresa May and the Tory's are in power things will only get worse!!

I mean I desperately wish he'd relax his 'principles' a bit on the EU but basically yeah. All people want is hope.

11 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

To be fair the work-shy certainly do exist. It annoys me a little when people who are liberal scoff at the idea...it's just a fact of life that there's the bottom end of society and it's likely to have certain groups of people that can't be bothered and if they can will sit on benefits. 

I'd love to know how people supposedly manage to live on benefits. The JSA I'm on works out at ~£1.60 an hour for what they force you to do for it. Even a shitty dead-end job on the minimum wage - which statistically isn't enough to survive, let alone live comfortably, on - gives £7.05 an hour (and lest we forget the Torys fought tooth and nail against even that being brought in).

Edited by Zac Quinn

17 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Nobody's questioning that I don't think, but the number of them is infinitesimal compared to what people believe. 

It goes beyond the utterly jobless though - don't forget the "hard work pays" belief, which many very hard workers can tell you is FAR from the case as they still struggle to make ends meet let alone afford the private healthcare and generous pension plan deposits that will be required in the Tory utopia. They seem to live in some fantasy land where there are actually an infinite number of well paid jobs that people could get if only they'd actually put in some effort - HAH.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I'd love to know how people supposedly manage to live on benefits. The JSA I'm on works out at ~£1.60 an hour for what they force you to do for it. Even a shitty dead-end job on the minimum wage - which statistically isn't enough to survive, let alone live comfortably, on - gives £7.05 an hour (and lest we forget the Torys fought tooth and nail against even that being brought in).

what you as a law abiding citizen don't understand is there are and I have 2 in my own family who know the benefit system so well,

Firstly they get housing benefit which equates to 12k a year in the property they live in ..4 kids so I'm not sure what that equates to with child benefit plus some other payment some kind of tax credit. The partner does cash jobs on the side . They both drive good quality cars and go out at least twice a week plus 2 holidays a year . Neither of them work , sky tv , iPhones , and internet.

The latest scam they have going is saying the partner doesn't live with them , they have been reported but nothing was proven and they will not always do the dodgy dealing in their own area 

Sometimes we can't lump all those on benefits all in the same box, some are career benefit claimants and will never work as they don't need to .

I really feel for those who are struggling but there must be a better way of weeding the genuine people in need from those who completely abuse the system. When I was young the benefit system was there as a safety net but some do use it as a life style choice 

4 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Nobody's questioning that I don't think, but the number of them is infinitesimal compared to what people believe. 

I think that is a little underestimated... where I originate from it's rife so I suppose different areas are affected differently 

3 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

I think that is a little underestimated... where I originate from it's rife so I suppose different areas are affected differently 

There's whole piles of reality TV programmes dedicated to promoting this demonising propaganda bullshit. Leave it out. 

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

'Rife'? Cold hard statistics to back this up, please.

you only have to live in it to know...actual statistics I haven't but a lot of comments on this and other threads like it don't back there arguments with statistics i.e.: "the numbers are infinitesimal " that also is not a statistic 

One of those I have spoken about is A very close member of my family and they didn't learn how to get what from me that's a dead cert 

2 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

I don't watch tv mate and certainly no reality tv, I  have more than one brain cell 

But obviously too few to avoid believing some of the most vile, manipulative rhetoric of the right wing press agenda. 

Just now, Mash011 said:

But obviously too few to avoid believing some of the most vile, manipulative rhetoric of the right wing press agenda. 

when you have a constructive criticism I'll listen but until then..... au revoir ..your arguments are not relevant to me at all 

4 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

you only have to live in it to know...actual statistics I haven't but a lot of comments on this and other threads like it don't back there arguments with statistics i.e.: "the numbers are infinitesimal " that also is not a statistic 

One of those I have spoken about is A very close member of my family and they didn't learn how to get what from me that's a dead cert 

Burden of proof is on the accuser. Stop deflecting. Back it up or withdraw it. 

• Upvote 1

Stigmatise the benefit scroungers and place all the countries woes on these people is a brilliant ploy of divide and conquer whilst in the back ground Large businesses and extremely wealthy people who have connections to the Conservative party and the Elite, avoid paying taxes. Wages are driven down, Workers rights are eroded whist their bank balances get ever more fatter. Brilliant absolutely brilliant!!

Edited by adjwholovesmusic
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, adjwholovesmusic said:

Stigmatise the benefit scroungers and place all the countries wow's on these people is a brilliant ploy of divide and conquer whilst in the back ground Large businesses and extremely wealthy people who have connections to the Conservative party and the Elite, avoid paying taxes. Wages are driven down, Workers rights are eroded whist their bank balances get ever more fatter. Brilliant absolutely brilliant!!

Don't even need Murdoch when you've got people like babybell41 in here spreading his bollocks for free! 

2 minutes ago, adjwholovesmusic said:

Stigmatise the benefit scroungers and place all the countries wow's on these people is a brilliant ploy of divide an conquer whilst in the back ground Large businesses and extremely wealthy people who have connections to the Conservative party and the Elite, avoid paying taxes. Wages are driven down, Workers rights are eroded whist their bank balances get ever more fatter. Brilliant absolutely brilliant!!

I think you mean 'woes" not "wows ' you seem to think anyone who votes tory are multi millionaire's ..I'm far from it, worked hard all my life , had to plan for my retirement as I worked in the private sector so I invested my pension pot wisely as no one else was going to do it for me 

I agree that massive companies who avoid paying tax are just as bad but if you think JC and his ideals will change all that's wrong I think it's Mickey Mouse accounting and just wont work, but you never know if he did get to be PM I will be watching closely to see how he will heal all social ills