NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

So I'm less than a week away from my flight to New Zealand. Its all starting to get very real. I'm not normally an overly emotional person, but the weekend just gone was a lot of farewells to family (both mine and other halfs), and it really started hitting home. 

I am currently putting off my big pack, but know I need to start soon. I fear it's going to involve throwing a fair few things away that have sentimental value and I'm not looking forward to it. 

On the plus side - I've bought myself some snazzy noise cancelling headphones for the journey(s) and they really are top notch :D

going all Posh on Saturday 

going wine tasting in Leeds, £20 for as much wine as you can drink in 4 hours. I am sure you are meant to buy wine when you are there (by the case) but I am treating it as a free for all. This will make a change from the cheap red i normally drink at 7 am during the festival

32 minutes ago, mjsell said:

So I'm less than a week away from my flight to New Zealand. Its all starting to get very real. I'm not normally an overly emotional person, but the weekend just gone was a lot of farewells to family (both mine and other halfs), and it really started hitting home. 

I am currently putting off my big pack, but know I need to start soon. I fear it's going to involve throwing a fair few things away that have sentimental value and I'm not looking forward to it. 

On the plus side - I've bought myself some snazzy noise cancelling headphones for the journey(s) and they really are top notch :D

is it a permanant move?

9 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

going all Posh on Saturday 

going wine tasting in Leeds, £20 for as much wine as you can drink in 4 hours. I am sure you are meant to buy wine when you are there (by the case) but I am treating it as a free for all. This will make a change from the cheap red i normally drink at 7 am during the festival

good plan.  sounds like a decent challange.

hey all you lovely NFR NFC peeps - thought I'd pop by and say hello, I rarely post on this thread (put it frankly, as I've never made it to a meet I always feel a little sheepish at posting) - But today I'm a little bored and thought what the hell....I'll say hello.

So erm....Hello (yes, that's 3 times in this message already :D)

Anyway, hope everyone is well....I'm just getting myself psyched up for a trip to Mexico in a couple of weeks - just a package holiday ...nothing too fancy, me and the mrs and her brother (its his 50th) - we've always fancied it, so thought why not.

Hope everyone is well, even though I've never met any of you, reading everyone's stories on this thread and others usually brings a smile to my face (or in some cases something in the eye) - so thanks everyone and I hope none are suffering too badly from the post G blues still?

Hello everyone, I'm on day 8 of being in bed with the flu (officially diagnosed by the doctor earlier today, who told me to go back to bed and leave her alone).  So if you see any posts from me over the next few days, they will probably be really grumpy.  Because I work for myself, that means I'm skint and ill for my birthday tomorrow. Fantastic.

Hope everyone else is well.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hello everyone, I'm on day 8 of being in bed with the flu (officially diagnosed by the doctor earlier today, who told me to go back to bed and leave her alone).  So if you see any posts from me over the next few days, they will probably be really grumpy.  Because I work for myself, that means I'm skint and ill for my birthday tomorrow. Fantastic.

Hope everyone else is well.

I feel your pain, was my birthday on Saturday and I came down with some nasty gastro thing on Friday (I wont go into any further details in case anyone is eating!!!), suffice to say Birthday plans went out the window..... and I am only just getting back to normal now!

I'm pretty sure I will make up for it though :) - as I'm sure you will too Stu!

Just now, pauladam said:

I feel your pain, was my birthday on Saturday and I came down with some nasty gastro thing on Friday (I wont go into any further details in case anyone is eating!!!), suffice to say Birthday plans went out the window..... and I am only just getting back to normal now!

I'm pretty sure I will make up for it though :) - as I'm sure you will too Stu!

I'm sure I will eventually :)  Worst thing is, I get a big box of proper Somerset cider arriving tomorrow and I won't be able to get stuck in, although I will have a tiny little taste ;) 

Good luck with the move, mjsell! NZ is a beautiful place. Whereabouts are you heading? 

Stu, poor you! I have a sore throat and am trying to kill it with honey. Hope you feel better very soon xx

Hi pauladam! Welcome! 

Bit quiet here recently, the usual post festival blues and just real life getting in the way. Speaking of which, mine seems to be getting a bit better, which is nice. 

AND it's Friday tomorrow! I plan to do nothing this weekend as I have 2 busy weekends after that! 

Ah Bestival.. @naughtygeorgie quite massively jealous, I loved it the year I went... for me, of all the fest's I have been to, it seemed to have the closest vibe/feel to Glasto than any other.

Just had my jabs for Mexico yesterday - thankfully no ill effects! Cannot wait (although I am unsure what I am more excited for - Mexico or the fact Im going to see LCD Soundsystem at the Barrowlands the night before we fly off!)

Looks like this weekend is sadly going to be spent in front of a computer working though, which sucks a bit, but getting paid for it, so cant complain too much I guess.

I'll give gin a miss...I will however have to force myself to have a Dark Matter rum or 2 (or 3...or 4) tonight

31 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Ooo Mexico, enjoy!

Bestival has moved this year Lucy... not on IOW :( which is a bit sad because the crazy party ferry over was such fun, but its probably partly due to the inflated rates of the ferry companies that it has moved.. 3-4 times the usual rates, cheeky buggars,!  But new site is where they have Camp Bestival so it should be lovely, there's a castle :o 

New site will feel like a whole new festival, lots of exploring to be done :yahoo: they've magically moved the Ambient Forest to the new site - gosh aren't they clever moving a whole forest... ok probably a different forest but heyho 

Hope your sore throat eases

I had a feeling it had moved! It's by Corfe Castle now isn't it? It's beautiful around there, you'll love it! 

I've done half a bottle of honey in 2 days. I shall be doing not much all weekend in the hopes that it goes away, I feel a bit rubbish! 

40 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Ooh good swear! I'm starting to feel better, hope you do too xxx

Thanks, Lucy :)

I am feeling a bit better today, as it goes. Managed to venture into town for some shopping, even! (It was either that, or drink coffee with lumpy milk, bleurgh!) Still got a bit of a cough, but most of the snottyness/headache/fatigue has passed. Glad you're on the mend too :)

In other news, can I just recommend a band I saw at Beautiful Days, called Warsaw Radio. I may be way out of touch, and you lot might all know of them already, but I hadn't heard of them before. I'd describe them as approximately a cross between Bruce Springsteen and Hothouse Flowers. That sounds strange, but they've got the anthemic vocals and guitar of the Boss, with an Irish-ish folk-rock influence, a bit like HFs. Debut album is out next year.

On 01/09/2017 at 1:58 PM, lucyginger said:

I had a feeling it had moved! It's by Corfe Castle now isn't it? It's beautiful around there, you'll love it! 

I've done half a bottle of honey in 2 days. I shall be doing not much all weekend in the hopes that it goes away, I feel a bit rubbish! 

It's in the grounds of Lulworth Castle now same as camp bestival.. They were losing money cos it costs a fortune to get to the IOW.... 

If you have kids go to camp bestival. It's great but it's for kids.. Tidiest festival I've ever been to. 

I missed getting a photo with Mr E on Friday gutted but hey ho.. Glad I went but think I'm better a big festivals but thanks to some  lovely people I felt more than welcome.. Xx

WELL THAT'S SUMMER OVER I HOPE YOU LIKED IT.... 

O and if you haven't heard KLF are headling silver haze next year... 

Edited by guypjfreak

On 9/2/2017 at 8:19 AM, mr gumby said:

You going soft in your old age, Yog? ;)

Hello mr gumby,

I've been soft in the head from as far back as I can remember - and I remember an incident in a cot, which has been verified by my parents since. Mind you, they didn't buy me my first bed until yesterday. That's not actually true, that last bit. What is true is that I recall seeing a shinney thing on the floor outside my cot. And for some reason, which eludes me right now (which is only right and proper), I decided to 'go for it, despite the timber bars in my way, and that rather large fall if it all went wrong. I could only see the prize - the thing my dad used to rub across his face. 

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I got to my dad's, now, old fashioned (to my minds eye) razor blade, and starting slashing the fuck out of my face with it. I don't know why I didn't feel pain, but I mustn't have. Anyway, my mom eventually came up to check on me, and found me covered in blood. 

I have now got know idea why I wrote the above, so have backed track on myself, and it has come back to you mr gumby's post. The real reason for my horror is that I thought that I don't like drinking undiluted spirits. I'll make an exception for some single malts, but that is all. Mind you, there was a time when I'd have (and did) drink anything - sucking piss off a thistle on the understanding that there was alcohol in it kind of territory.