Football 17/18

TheGayTent

5 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Their win was no surprise. To see a Utd team hanging on for dear fucking life was however. A first to my mind. This Libpool team has a lot going for it.

WHAT a perf from Pawson aswell. Get this guy a WC uniform - PL Collina has nothing on the c**t.

Hanging on for dear life? :)

cant remember to many De Gea saves. 

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

Keeper wasnt tested, no. Nor was the refs bottle.

Big important win for you. Enjoy!

Other than the rivalry victory, not at all important. United woukd be getting top 4 with or without beating Liverpool.

whats more interesting how much the scousers are crying about it. 

Tactically speaking Jose has Klopp by the balls, perhaps that’s why Liverpool fans are hurting so much. 

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

Ask a Liverpool fan if losing to United is always bad or not. 

it's one of those things a fan of either side would prefer not to happen, but it's going to happen anyway (in both directions, on occasion).

Personally i'd say any bad for Liverpool is less about losing to Utd, and much more about how Liverpool have stopped beating the teams at the top as they (mostly) did last season.

(beating weaker teams this season is making up for it on points, but that doesn't show the same strength).

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

Hanging on for dear life? :)

Haha. 

Remember, Mata scores that volley, which he would 9/10 times, and its 3 nil. 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Tactically speaking Jose has Klopp by the balls, perhaps that’s why Liverpool fans are hurting so much. 

I think thats the main thing yeah. He got schooled by Mourinho. Bent over and spanked.

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Other than the rivalry victory, not at all important. United woukd be getting top 4 with or without beating Liverpool.

whats more interesting how much the scousers are crying about it. 

Just now, eFestivals said:

it's one of those things a fan of either side would prefer not to happen, but it's going to happen anyway (in both directions, on occasion).

Personally i'd say any bad for Liverpool is less about losing to Utd, and much more about how Liverpool have stopped beating the teams at the top as they (mostly) did last season.

(beating weaker teams this season is making up for it on points, but that doesn't show the same strength).

Bit to go on the season lads. Lets see where peeps finish in a couple months.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Bit of a change alright. Top 6 away

5 nil vs City, 4-1 to Spurs, 3-3 Arsenal, 2-1 to Utd. 

1 point from 12, 14 goals conceded. 

I'll take Libpool's footie over Joezay's "tactics" :D all day long.

Tactics! haha

I was mesmerised by the amazing football on Saturday yeah. Couldn't work out which was easier on the eye. Mane giving away the ball all game, Lovren chickening out of 50/50s and getting bullied, the few crosses Liverpool put in or Alex-Arnold being ran round in circles and then subbed. 

A great watch for footie fans everywhere. Was the same against Porto during the week. And West Brom, and Swansea. Must've been really really great to watch in the stadium. 

Meanwhile the poor Utd fans had to put up with Rashfords skill, a couple of goals, overhead kicks and a good win. 

Edited by The Nal

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just imagine how much Utd fans would be creaming themselves if they played good footie like Liverpool. :P

Precisely. Bless them tho. For years justifiably espoused glorious risk taking ball.

Now so bitter as to credit JM's massively with this sub-Allardyce style hoofball and general shithousery.

Fine, lads. Its great to watch, we geddit he's a tactical genius. **insert BDSM reference to what he's done to Klopp here**

Edited by Wooderson

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Bit of a change alright. Top 6 away

5 nil vs City, 4-1 to Spurs, 3-3 Arsenal, 2-1 to Utd. 

1 point from 12, 14 goals conceded. 

I'd say that's a little bit skewed from typical/average by Mane being sent off against City (tho L'pool would still have lost I reckon), and Liverpool having a dog of a game against Spurs (perhaps their worst of the season).

And Liverpool don't park the bus, as some other teams do.

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

a bad day consisting of the most inexperienced player on the pitch getting mugged (but wise enough to learn for the next instance), and a player that Liverpool fans were fed up with a long time ago and whose mind is already in Italy being the same dawling moron he's been since his brain left for Italy.

While the richest team in the world had to play a flat back 7 in order to survive.

Personally, I'm struggling to see anything bad, unless "football team loses game" is always bad.

Klopp was wrong to start Lovren and Salah had a pretty bad game.

Fair play to Jose though, good wins over chelsea and Liverpool.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'd say that's a little bit skewed from typical/average by Mane being sent off against City (tho L'pool would still have lost I reckon), and Liverpool having a dog of a game against Spurs (perhaps their worst of the season).

So its a little bit skewed because they were shit?

Right.....

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Klopp was wrong to start Lovren and Salah had a pretty bad game.

Not sure Matip would have been a better choice. He might have won more headers with Lukaku, but he'd have probably lost out defending elsewhere.

And Salah was quiet, but that had more than a little bit to do with the flat back 7 Utd played.

Fair play to Jose though, good wins over chelsea and Liverpool.

Wins. There was fuck all that was good on Saturday. 

edit: that's unfair. Rashford was sharp as fuck.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

So its a little bit skewed because they were shit?

Right.....

:lol:

I was just pointing out that if there was a magical way to replay those games on the same day, they are unlikely to have had the same bad result that second time. There were particular circumstances to those 2 games which don't make them typical.

Whereas Jose has the bus station on speed dial. :P

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Utd's longball worked great. Complimented superbly well by the free-flowing approach deployed by Pawson. :lol:

Better team won on the day. Ho hum.

Not that you are hurting or anything.  :D

Serious question, how long you happy with klopps exciting football if it doesn't bring you success in the trophy cabinet?

If Liverpool had won in the same way United had, their fans would be celebrating too. No gold medal for the moral high ground of 'attractive football'. They'd take the win any day and are lying if they say they wouldn't. Anyway they failed to perform as strongly as we have come to expect in attack and underperformed nicely in defence. End of.

Just now, thetime said:

Serious question, how long you happy with klopps exciting football if it doesn't bring you success in the trophy cabinet?

That ref is a c**t mate. :lol:

As regards your question, Liverpool are so far behind your lot as long as the game is being played the right way and we make incremental progress we've huge patience. A return to the CL next season would be incremental progress. As you well know, we've a gash history at yours. Even when we were winning everything and your lads were shaking off stinking hangovers.

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

Klopp's obviously gotta win some trophies at some point. But in terms of competing for the premier or champions league, they're pretty level right now. So in the mean time I'd rather be watching exciting football from a team that is clearly progressing. Jose's conservative approach doesn't appear to have the same guarantee it did in the past.

LFC have no right to trophies with the level of investment and loss of almost all outstanding playing personnel in recent years. Constant rebuild, constant struggle.

Any "fan" of the club that would pressurize this manager/team for titles given context is a Carragher-sized moron.

Its great that Utd value/hold LFC in this regard. Its the equiv of us getting worked up after beating Stoke.

6 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Klopp's obviously gotta win some trophies at some point. But in terms of competing for the premier or champions league, they're pretty level right now. So in the mean time I'd rather be watching exciting football from a team that is clearly progressing. Jose's conservative approach doesn't appear to have the same guarantee it did in the past.

Klopp wouldn’t of lasted this long at old Trafford.