How much liquid are you taking?

hermano

Just now, Mattty said:

Not as alcoholic though I don't think.

Bud light 3.5% 

I may get some scorn from the west country lot but I'll be drinking Strongbow first thing for the same reason as a light beer. It's easy to handle when its warm at 7am. Once the hangover is settled my stomach will be ready for some proper cider. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 cans koppaberg pear cider 500ml 

Rosie pig cider various flavours x6 . 330ml 

frozen solid  covered in ice cubes and in cool box wrapped in space blanket should see me through till sunday cold . 

2 x 1 litre concoctions . 1 strawberry , mango and raspberry vodka .and the other peach and nectarine . 

probably a good few ciders to buy yet ... 

IMG_3039 2.jpg

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I do it straight away while she puts the tent up. Saves a big argument and don't mind doing it then as it's as if you haven't started the festival yet anyway. 

Plus after queueing to get in it feels super quick, relatively speaking, esp. when passing those still queueing. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Bud light 3.5% 

I may get some scorn from the west country lot but I'll be drinking Strongbow first thing for the same reason as a light beer. It's easy to handle when its warm at 7am. Once the hangover is settled my stomach will be ready for some proper cider. 

Rosé for breakfast, surely. 

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Did a trip back to the car once in 09 or 10 I think. Two hours out of my festival.

Fuck that. Id rather spend those two hours in thwe Avalon Inn. 

Agreed. I have never once done a return trip back to the car. If I can't carry it first time in, then I don't bring it. 

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

It can't be worse than tuborg. Nothing is worse than Tuborg. Even Carlsberg is better than tuborg. And carlsberg is donkey piss diluted rat turds. 

Tuborg is leptospirosis to Carlsberg's arsegravy. 

White Russians

I usually get up each morning (early), go brush my teeth and have a wash / get ready, then have a large voddy, then sip Rosé and read a book in my camping chair til everyone wakes up. Bliss. 

It can't be worse than tuborg. Nothing is worse than Tuborg. Even Carlsberg is better than tuborg. And carlsberg is donkey piss diluted rat turds. 

What possessed Carlsberg to bring out a cider. Sommersby has the nastiest aftertaste I've ever experienced. Most bars that serve Carlsberg on tap tend to have Sommersby as their only draught cider choice. 

One of the reason Glastonbury is better than any other festival is that we can bring our own beer and not be subjected to the limited choices imposed by most festivals. 

The one exception to this was Untold in Romania. There was only one beer choice but it was very tasty. Unfortunately you can't get it over here. If you ever see Ursus lager I definitely recommend it. And it was priced at about £1 a can in the festival. 

Just now, Woffy said:

Yeah, I was thinking buying one there then re-use. 

The tapwater on site isn't to some people's taste, I know, but the sheer weight and wast of carrying bottled water means I'll put up with it - and it's less chlorinated than the tapwater here in Oxford anyway.

I'm trying to think of space this year. Coming on a coach so no multiple trips. Trying to pack as light as possible to try and get through quick and get on pennards. Thinking highest percentage for the least amount of space lol. I love a can of cider but am I heck going in a slow trolley lane :( 

Wow, some of you are taking some serious quantity's of alcohol, do you really manage to drink it all?

Traveling down by coach and don't tend to drink so heavily at festivals as just going with wife who doesn't drink:

Taking 10 Cans of Stella and 70cl of vodka. Will buy mixers and the odd cold drink on site.

Edited by I am Jon

5 minutes ago, I am Jon said:

Wow, some of you are taking some serious quantity's of alcohol, do you really manage to drink it all?

Traveling down by coach and don't tend to drink so heavily at festivals as just going with wife who doesn't drink:

Taking 10 Cans of Stella and 70cl of vodka. Will buy mixers and the odd cold drink on site.

Between 2 of us, we drank 20L of cider & an unknown amount of beer by Sunday last year.

8 minutes ago, Mattty said:

The more cans you take the bigger your sense of achievement once you've finally got to the area where you want to pitch. If you can lug 40 cans on your back a mile or two then you can take over the world

yep sure does, 2 slabs of cans to keep me tipping along over the 5 days/nights. punctuated by otter ale from bimble and avalon. 

9 minutes ago, I am Jon said:

Say I took 40 cans, they'd definitely be gone by Sunday/Monday. I hand a few out but I can definitely drink 8 a day over a long stretch of time. 

I always have a chuckle to myself when I see people lugging gallons of bottled water through the gates. It's free from taps!! Just buy one of the collapsible 5l bottles and fill it up when you get in.

I've still to buy my hooch, had a nosy in tesco this morning, they had 2 for £20 but the selection was terrible. Carling and Strongbow, I'm not drinking 20 cans of  Strongbow my mouth will feel like I've been sucking on a lemon all weekend.

I took 42 cans with me last year. Walked across nearly the whole site looking for somewhere to camp through the mud with all that beer and my tent and supplies. Nearly killed me.

Needless to say I have learnt my lesson and this year will Only take around 20 cans and a box of red wine.

70cl Tanqueray gin
1L Captain Morgan spiced gold rum
1L Captain Morgan white rum
1L vodka (not bought yet, probably Absolut)
4x330ml tins of Brewdog Elvis Juice
10x330ml tins of assorted Beavertown beers
20x330ml tins of Rekordelig
loads of mixer tins of tonic, ginger beer, coke

Should do for two of us, might add in 70cl of tequila as well tho.