Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 hour ago, with_tired_eyes said:

And Hurricane / Southside have teased anything for beginning of the next week.

6 hours ago, Orens said:

Hurricane/Southside (Germany) teased an announcement next week, asking their Facebook followers which day do they think the next announcement will roll? The answers were Monday to Thursday.

Both festivals are rumored to get AM as the remaining headliner, in some sort of a package deal with FKP Scorpio (in which they will also play Best Kept Secret and Tinderbox).

10 hours ago, Hannah990 said:

I've booked Primavera for the first time this year and the all the criticisms about various crowds are intimidating. Hope the crowd isn't as judgemental as it appears here..

I feel the same. My first Primavera and heard that it was cool but judging by this forum it's more elitist than a UKIP rally.

No flip flops

No taking

Best gigs are in silence 

Sounds like a folk gig in Dorset

I hope So Solid Crew are the main headliners and have water cannons filled with piss ready to fire at the first hipster that strokes his shitty long beard.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

1 minute ago, brayshizzle said:

......if the tweet turns out to be about a barcelona fc football match, ill be annoyed. 

Too late for football. 

Meanwhile, Scotland's TRNSMT ticket prices just went up, as expected. TRNSMT is expected to announce another headliner in the upcoming week, probably another Monday announcement as it is heavily rumored to feature AM.

Suddenly it all makes sense.

10 minutes ago, I Don't Care For Sand said:

I feel the same. My first Primavera and heard that it was cool but judging by this forum it's more elitist than a UKIP rally.

No flip flops

No taking

Best gigs are in silence 

I hope So Solid Crew are the main headliners and have water cannons filled with piss ready to fire at the first hipster that strokes his utter long beard.

Don't worry about certain people, each festival has the "no flip flops guy", etc. People are people. 

Talking is fine but loud talking throughout concerts is shit, though. Try not to make it difficult on the crowd around you. It applies to every live gig and music festival, anywhere. 

Primavera is cool but cool off with the piss talk, nobody wants that shit aimed at him. Remember that almost everyone just want to have fun.

Edited by Orens

13 minutes ago, Orens said:

Don't worry about certain people, each festival has the "no flip flops guy", etc. People are people. 

Talking is fine but loud talking throughout concerts is shit, though. Try not to make it difficult on the crowd around you. It applies to every live gig and music festival, anywhere. 

Primavera is cool but cool off with the piss talk, nobody wants that shit aimed at him. Remember that almost everyone just want to have fun.

Thank you Orens you have quelled my fears.

Might wear a Kasabian t shirt for one day 

Hope that's cool.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, I Don't Care For Sand said:

Might wear a Kasabian t shirt for one day 

Hope that's cool.

Maybe the hipsters will think you wear it ironically. It might even be a conversation starter.:ph34r:

It's easy to complain behind our screens, usually everybody can be themselves during gigs. And than later we make fun of the guy wearing flip flops.

Edited by StupidDream

2 hours ago, I Don't Care For Sand said:

No flip flops

No taking

Best gigs are in silence 

I hope So Solid Crew are the main headliners and have water cannons filled with piss ready to fire at the first hipster that strokes his shitty long beard.

You sound like my kind of geezer. Let's fill our noses at the monkeys and rough some of these nerds up

Also who do you support?

Edited by Chopman
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, I Don't Care For Sand said:

No flip flops

No taking

Best gigs are in silence 

There are literally hundreds of spots at the festival set up for you to talk to your heart’s content and that’s a great thing. Can also chat between songs all you want and wear whatever the hell you want. 

But if you decide you want to push to the front of a gig only to chatter throughout it (for all you know if might be the one people have been looking forward to most) that makes you a selfish twat.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, I Don't Care For Sand said:

No flip flops

No taking

Best gigs are in silence 

To be fair there probably will be a few elitist music fans there who will judge you for not knowing every LCD Soundsystem B-Side but these are a small proportion. The majority of people just want to be able to enjoy the music without being disrupted or intimidated and if that's too much then maybe you'd prefer Catfish & The Bottlemen at Benicassim. Also no offence but Kasabian are dogsh*t, it's just better you find that out now before you get an embarrassing tattoo or something.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, I Don't Care For Sand said:

No flip flops

No taking

Best gigs are in silence 

As far as I remember there weren't even a handful of people posting elitist stuff here, most people are chill on this forum and shake their heads at them. Imho, Primavera is one of the most relaxed festivals in Europe, wear whatever you like and nobody will give you strange looks.

The talking is another thing; like Orens said, it can be disrespectful. I remember quite a number of gigs (especially from the quieter bands like Alt-J and Sigur Rós, but even Moderat) I couldn't quite enjoy because a group of people chattered into my ear constantly. Even moving didn't help cos then you'd get other people talking very loudly, and none of them was interested in what was going on on the stage at all. Of course you can say something to your friends at a gig, but if you total ignore the band (even standing with your back to the stage), why not go to the food court or another place to have a chat? At PJ Harvey I was 5th row and people were very respectful, you could basically hear a needle drop; her gig was fantastic - you could let her music and incredible aura transport you to another sphere. ;)

Edited by Steph U

2 hours ago, Steph U said:

As far as I remember there weren't even a handful of people posting elitist stuff here, most people are chill on this forum and shake their heads at them. Imho, Primavera is one of the most relaxed festivals in Europe, wear whatever you like and nobody will give you strange looks.

The talking is another thing; like Orens said, it can be disrespectful. I remember quite a number of gigs (especially from the quieter bands like Alt-J and Sigur Rós, but even Moderat) I couldn't quite enjoy because a group of people chattered into my ear constantly. Even moving didn't help cos then you'd get other people talking very loudly, and none of them was interested in what was going on on the stage at all. Of course you can say something to your friends at a gig, but if you total ignore the band (even standing with your back to the stage), why not go to the food court or another place to have a chat? At PJ Harvey I was 5th row and people were very respectful, you could basically hear a needle drop; her gig was fantastic - you could let her music and incredible aura transport you to another sphere. ;)

I've kind of accepted that festival crowds are shitty by now and always go to barrier for any of my favourite bands to get away from that. Nothing worse than getting really into a set and having some idiots chatting shit beside you.

Saw Alt J at InMusic last year while beside a bunch of drunk lads heckling the band at every quiet moment. Had Radiohead ruined at Nos Alive by a chatty crowd to the point where I left their set. 

Maybe I'll find a nice, respectful crowd at Primavera ha

edit: plus were a bunch of 19/20 year old girls and I sometimes feel judged by more elitist crowds, yet it's often the mid-late 20s males that cause the problems ;)

Edited by Hannah990

14 minutes ago, daveje said:

Just hope there'll be fewer UK football strips than last year, that's been a worrying trend.

The irony of you replying to a post saying 'Wear whatever you like and nobody will give you strange looks' with a judgement about what people are wearing is fucking incredible.

I wore a football shirt one day last year, I'm going to wear a different one every day now just because of this post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

I've kind of accepted that festival crowds are shitty by now and always go to barrier for any of my favourite bands to get away from that. Nothing worse than getting really into a set and having some idiots chatting shit beside you.

Saw Alt J at InMusic last year while beside a bunch of drunk lads heckling the band at every quiet moment. Had Radiohead ruined at Nos Alive by a chatty crowd to the point where I left their set. 

Maybe I'll find a nice, respectful crowd at Primavera ha

No one talks during the Auditori sets. I mean no one.

The crowds everywhere else at Primavera are super friendly and respectful, with the exception of the two main stages during peak times where there can be  noisy talkers. Definitely a creeping in of this in recent years.

Not sure why being against throwing piss and talking through bands makes you a snob, they're both twatish things to do. As is holding your phone up constantly and blocking people's view. I'm not even a boring old fart, I love rowdy crowds and a good mosh/pogo, but there are a certain new festival traits I can't stand. 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Not sure why being against throwing piss and talking through bands makes you a snob, they're both twatish things to do. As is holding your phone up constantly and blocking people's view. I'm not even a boring old fart, I love rowdy crowds and a good mosh/pogo, but there are a certain new festival traits I can't stand. 

Agree! I don't think anyone's saying its twatish to expect somewhat respectful behaviour from crowds. It's more so the elitist posts that stereotype all arctic monkeys fans for example. 

(Not a fan myself but)

Edited by Hannah990