I will show you mine if I can see yours ...

Crazyfool01

20 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Assuming I get in and camp up at a decent time, if I am to be the first Grootholder (and what an honour it would be) then I could get him from the Pilton Palais when GOTG2 is shown at 3pm, show him the sights and then take him to the efests meet from 6pm. He'd then meet an army of new Grootholders! 

I think this would work well as I won't be able to make thee festivals meet . So you collect him from cinema tent @balti-pie then take him on adventures and hand him over at the meet

i now have some 100 little flowers to hand out to those who know me as strangegoose 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, strangegoose said:

I think this would work well as I won't be able to make thee festivals meet . So you collect him from cinema tent @balti-pie then take him on adventures and hand him over at the meet

i now have some 100 little flowers to hand out to those who know me as strangegoose 

You are on! I promise to take good care of him while he's under my tutelage, and I'll pass him on to another caring soul. 

I've just told my missus that on Wednesday at Glastonbury we've got to go meet Groot so we can collect a baby Groot, and she's notably more excited than me now :lol::lol::lol: 

Hello creative people.

I have a little issue that I'm hoping one of you can answer.

After packing my wellies I noticed that the paint I used is scuffing quite easily. I used spray primer as recommended and then the top coat of colour seemed to go on well.

Is there something I can use to help seal the colour on? I know it is waterproof paint so washing off won't be an issue but would like them to be a little more hard wearing. 

25 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Hello creative people.

After packing my wellies I noticed that the paint I used is scuffing quite easily. I used spray primer as recommended and then the top coat of colour seemed to go on well.

Is there something I can use to help seal the colour on? I know it is waterproof paint so washing off won't be an issue but would like them to be a little more hard wearing. 

At school remembering back we used hairspray to fix chalk drawings ... don't know if this would work but maybe?  is the only thing I can think of 

12 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Hello creative people.

You could buy a pair of galoshes, and put them over the wellies. Then you could put a doily on top of the galoshes. Then a plastic bag around the whole foot and lower leg (ala Withnail & I). 

If that's too much then I'd recommend a coating of non toxic white glue from Poundland. - but water it down first. Then let it dry off. 

On 6/7/2017 at 10:58 PM, balti-pie said:

Assuming I get in and camp up at a decent time, if I am to be the first Grootholder (and what an honour it would be) then I could get him from the Pilton Palais when GOTG2 is shown at 3pm, show him the sights and then take him to the efests meet from 6pm. He'd then meet an army of new Grootholders! 

If there's any natural justice to be had in this world, then it's existence couldn't be better exemplified by you being the first Grootholder. And what an honour it will be. I think you are going to need a rosette with 'Very 1st Grootholder' written on it. If it's OK with you, I'll make you one? Me and my wife used to make rosettes all the time to award each other something or other. That's not to say that I have the expertise necessary to make a nice one of them. Brace yourself for disappointment on that front. However, it will be heartfelt given and awarded. 

I know that it's a bit rude to offer a man of your standing some advice, but if I may, just this once, offer you some advice it would be to give that little groot a hug from me. Oh no, I think I'm going to

Image result for someone throwing up

Some of the outfits on here are incredible! I hope to run into them at some point. 

Our group have a little Glastonbury tradition where we each put our names into a hat and pull out someone else. You then have to buy that person an outfit (£10 maximum) for them to wear that evening. 

Highlights include a complete wedding dress. Hoping for more ridiculousness this year.

1 minute ago, Display-Name said:

Some of the outfits on here are incredible! I hope to run into them at some point. 

Our group have a little Glastonbury tradition where we each put our names into a hat and pull out someone else. You then have to buy that person an outfit (£10 maximum) for them to wear that evening. 

Highlights include a complete wedding dress. Hoping for more ridiculousness this year.

my sister got married recently and did a mud run in a version of the wedding dress on the wedding day !!, similar kind of thing I guess :) don't forget to post some photos on here if you do similar this year :)

On 2017-6-5 at 11:00 AM, strangegoose said:

I made a baby groot yesterday out of the left over bits of foam in my house . Thought I'd give him to the first efestivaler who finds me , then they can take him on adventures 

image.jpeg

Oh. My. God!!!! He's Glasto adorable! 

On 2017-6-6 at 6:15 PM, crazyfool1 said:

A kind of pass the parcel but with people taking photos of what he gets up to and posting on here after ...

On 2017-6-7 at 9:47 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

I thought it was gonna be a competition. First efestivaler to recognise you and call you strange goose gets him. But has to display prominently and wait for another efestivaler to introduce themselves and take over. Whoever has him on Monday morning has to start the 'baby groot's Glastonbury adventure' thread which all participants add photos to.

And just when you think its not possible to be any more excited about Glaatonbury, this happens! 

Can't wait to meet littlest Groot and everyone else at the efests meet :-) 

On 2017-6-10 at 0:14 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

You may need to see a doctor

:lol: