Worthy FM 2017

Franky

Just now, G1T said:

Yep, although we do this through having a competition for crew places around December / January before each festival. We had one this year, it was up on the website and our Facebook page for a month, and it then closed. We should hopefully be doing the same again for future broadcasts, so keep an eye on both of those around December / January before a festival and enter that way. We do take a good few student radio people though as we like giving people the experience and opportunity to learn, so don't feel like you have to sound like a Radio 1 DJ to get in.

Ahhh can't believe I missed this! Will definitely keep my eyes peeled next festival round, cheers!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/05/2017 at 2:16 PM, G1T said:

The proper broadcast starts this year 12pm on Monday 19th June, and runs non-stop until 12am on Tuesday 27th June. We might be testing the stream and studio with just a broadcast of music from earlier on on Monday 19th, but that's TBC. You can listen on 87.7fm as you get close to the festival site (and onsite too of course), or online / via your phone via www.worthyfm.com. Feel free to tweet us shout outs or requests too, we love them :D

Yep I love the station, I will be listenting from the moment you guys go live and then on my phone on the way down at st00pid o'clock Wed morning. Will be texting lots of shout outs to the Whitton Hill Massive ;)

I too love worth FM, it's been a part of mine and my friends festival experience since we first started using the camper fields back in 97 :)

loads of great (but hazy) memories:

Dodgy doing 'tractor spotting' when you had them in for a chat when it was pouring down one year

Being name checked when texting in a request :)

And I can't remember which year is was but it was the monday, and the two presenters were just doing endless cheese jokes, I had to pull over in the car to listen as I was on my way home and getting out of recepion, glorious stuff :)

On 30/05/2017 at 3:53 PM, scollyer said:

I asked this question last year but I have forgotten your answer. Is you transmitter (or transmissions) horizontal or vertical. Just want to make sure I set my aerial up correctly for the best reception.

So have checked, we're vertically polarised.:)

On 01/06/2017 at 2:02 PM, paulshane said:

And I can't remember which year is was but it was the monday, and the two presenters were just doing endless cheese jokes, I had to pull over in the car to listen as I was on my way home and getting out of recepion, glorious stuff :)

That would have been about 2010 / 2011 I reckon. We'd done a week of non-stop cheese jokes on site, and some of the better ones ended up on air. The presenters concerned will be tickled to know someone remembers, will let them know.

On 01/06/2017 at 0:50 PM, Franky said:

Yep I love the station, I will be listenting from the moment you guys go live and then on my phone on the way down at st00pid o'clock Wed morning. Will be texting lots of shout outs to the Whitton Hill Massive ;)

Excellent, text and tweet us all you want! We can generally keep up, though at peak times we get something like one new message per second, so occasionally have to just read out a selection. We do read them all though, and make a massive effort to get through as many of them as we can. Sometimes we have someone in the studio just going through them and collating them for the presenter. We're here to serve the people who buy tickets for the festival, so we love hearing from you all.

33 minutes ago, G1T said:

That would have been about 2010 / 2011 I reckon. We'd done a week of non-stop cheese jokes on site, and some of the better ones ended up on air. The presenters concerned will be tickled to know someone remembers, will let them know.

Excellent, text and tweet us all you want! We can generally keep up, though at peak times we get something like one new message per second, so occasionally have to just read out a selection. We do read them all though, and make a massive effort to get through as many of them as we can. Sometimes we have someone in the studio just going through them and collating them for the presenter. We're here to serve the people who buy tickets for the festival, so we love hearing from you all.

Yeah you guys do a great job ! 

We have 2 kids coming again as part of our group, their parents are friends from school, who have a combined age of 18 they are 10 and 8 and have been to 12 Glastonburys between them lol I will text you Wed morning to try and give them a shout out as it would make their day :) 

On 1 June 2017 at 0:29 PM, G1T said:

We can put the live sessions and features up online, and probably should put them back up again. They came down when we moved to the new website, and just haven't gone back up again. Will add to the list! The shows themselves are more difficult though, as we'd need a PRS license for streaming recorded music in a listen again format, which can get costly. Personally I'd love to, but our remit is to broadcast during the festival rather than be a station all year round.

live sessions and recorded music is more what I am interested in anyway. Looking forward to it if you manage it. 

On 03/06/2017 at 11:40 AM, G1T said:

wow, i didn't realise you guys were so busy with messages! I listen when I'm in the caravan, but I generally can't sms or tweet as there is no mobile reception there :)

7 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

live sessions and recorded music is more what I am interested in anyway. Looking forward to it if you manage it. 

Cool, noted :)

6 hours ago, paulshane said:

wow, i didn't realise you guys were so busy with messages! I listen when I'm in the caravan, but I generally can't sms or tweet as there is no mobile reception there :)

It's not always that busy, but sometimes it does go crazy bonkers indeed. Other times when Twitter and text messages go quieter, we work on the basis that as long as someone somewhere on site is listening, and we're helping them enjoy their festival, then we're doing our job. We get loads of listeners online round the world too, and people who didn't get tickets that year but still want to feel part of it. One year a guy abroad was tweeting in to lots of shows as his brother was at the festival for the first time that year, and when a presenter mentioned they were off to see one particular band that night, he tweeted to say his brother was seeing that band too, and to go and say hello to him in person. Another time a presenter ran a quiz via text message, and a guy camping on Pennard Hill won. The presenter grabbed some of his own beer stash and dashed over to Pennard Hill to meet the guy and give him his prize. We love that sort of stuff, we're as much participants in the festival as all the excellent people who buy tickets.

Speaking of which, if anyone has anything interesting they think we should cover on site this year, or if you want to get engaged live on air, then email hello@worthyfm.com. Especially the live on air engagement bit. It's been a few years since we've had one of those, and they've always said yes. B)

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, VolumetricFox said:

I can hear music already.

Direct links for Worthy FM radio for your media player:

Winamp, iTunes: https://control.internet-radio.com:2199/tunein/worthyfm.pls

Windows Media Player: https://control.internet-radio.com:2199/tunein/worthyfm.asx

Quicktime: https://control.internet-radio.com:2199/tunein/worthyfm.qtl

Works for me, along with the ever-present Worthy FM clipping!

33 minutes ago, VolumetricFox said:

I can hear music already.

Direct links for Worthy FM radio for your media player:

Winamp, iTunes: https://control.internet-radio.com:2199/tunein/worthyfm.pls

Windows Media Player: https://control.internet-radio.com:2199/tunein/worthyfm.asx

Quicktime: https://control.internet-radio.com:2199/tunein/worthyfm.qtl

Thanks for that. Got it up and running on the itunes link.