Napalm Death - Truth Stage?!?

Deadendfriends8

25 minutes ago, The Nal said:

You're wearing the tshirt of the band that you're going to see?

Don't be that guy. 

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

I'm really wearing it for The Orb later, the ND clash is just unfortunate.

Phew! Thought you didn't know the band t-shirt rule then. 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

theres a band t shirt rule? 

ill happily be that guy :P

Yes! You shouldn't wear a t-shirt of the band you are going to see, but one of a similar band. Fro example, when seeing Carter USM a few years ago, my mate wore a PWEI t-shirt. You see? :)

Just now, waterfalls212434 said:

who makes these rules? never seen the fashion police at glastonbury of all places? 

I don't think it counts at Glastonbury! Also there seems to be a generation divide with the rules, as people of my age *cough* nearly 40 *cough* stick to the rule whereas the yoof haven't heard of it! 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

You're wearing the tshirt of the band that you're going to see?

Don't be that guy. 

44 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Yes! You shouldn't wear a t-shirt of the band you are going to see, but one of a similar band. Fro example, when seeing Carter USM a few years ago, my mate wore a PWEI t-shirt. You see? :)

20 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

who makes these rules? never seen the fashion police at glastonbury of all places? 

18 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Paging @bennyhana22 paging Dr Ben, t shirt discussion Dr Ben that needs your diagnosis stat. 

Dear All

Thank you for your enquiry and request for consultation.

The RulesTM (not mine, you understand) are quite clear and unequivocal.

At a festival it is acceptable to wear a t-shirt of a band playing at that festival. But not on the same day that they are playing.

At gigs it is acceptable to wear a support band's t-shirt (bonus hipster smart-arse point)

At gigs it is not acceptable to wear the main band's t-shirt. No, not even a really old one from when they were good and hadn't sold out to The Man and only you watched them and nobody knew about them.

Except if you're watching Metallica.

When it is obligatory to wear a Metallica t-shirt.

Obviously.

You're welcome.

:)

Ben
xx

Edited by bennyhana22

28 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Dear All

Thank you for your enquiry and request for consultation.

The RulesTM (not mine, you understand) are quite clear and unequivocal.

At a festival it is acceptable to wear a t-shirt of a band playing at that festival. But not on the same day that they are playing.

At gigs it is acceptable to wear a support band's t-shirt (bonus hipster smart-arse point)

At gigs it is not acceptable to wear the main band's t-shirt. No, not even a really old one from when they were good and hadn't sold out to The Man and only you watched them and nobody knew about them.

Except if you're watching Metallica.

When it is obligatory to wear a Metallica t-shirt.

Obviously.

You're welcome.

Ben
xx

Broken every one of these rules at practially every gig ive been to.......im sure jesus will forgive.....lol

2 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Broken every one of these rules at practially every gig ive been to.......im sure jesus will forgive.....lol

He might.

I won't.

Non-negotiable.

If you would also like specific guidance on what constitutes a satisfactory 'good' t-shirt, I could oblige. But a bit later - am a bit busy atm!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

53 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Question.  Is it acceptable to wear a band tshirt related to the band who are headlining.  Say for example wearing a The Mars Volta Tshirt to an At The Drive-in gig, or vice versa?

Can I also add an amendment, it is only acceptable to wear a festival tshirt for the festival you are currently at if it is >10 years old. :)

Edited by HoTWire