Don't vote Tory

dimus

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, frostypaw said:

I'm not even a big Corbyn supporter. Please put the prejudices down, it's pretty horrible and I prefer to consider you a friend

Ditto, matey. :)

The world isn't perfect. The imperfections can be mentioned, talked about and discussed - without the ridiculous fact denial in defence of the Glorious Leader.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Ditto, matey. :)

The world isn't perfect. The imperfections can be mentioned, talked about and discussed - without the ridiculous fact denial in defence of the Glorious Leader.

I've not in any way tried to stop any of that discussion - I really don't know who you've been reading, but it's not me. I might point out that screaming "HE'S THE DEVIL" constantly looks ridiculous but that's it. As repeated many times there are shades of grey between "he's the devil" and "he does no wrong" - please stop trying to force people into one box or the other.

Though as it stands that seems to be out of the question and you're just going to label me "Corbynista" and presume my position on everything, so I'm out and the echo chamber can continue unabated.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

Well that's after a Labour government that introduced it, so five years on and they'll be older then. And the new young people won't want to vote for a party that'll reintroduce it?

a comment that relies on a party wanting to re-introduce it, when we've no idea that'll be the case.

What we do know is the case that this time it's removal was promised, and that's likely to have added to the motivations to get out and vote.

Plus student loans have been about since the 1990s, so a write-off doesn't just influence young people.

As one of those first students with a loan - and loans of a hugely lesser amount - I'm pretty sure there won't be many from back then still affected, and for those who still might be the amounts owed will be (comparatively) low.

The ones with a significant loan effect will be those from whatever year Blair introuded the £3k fees.

(and rather amusingly back then, this old git was telling peeps here what a mad idea it was, while those students of that time were telling me here how advantageous it would be to them to pay those fees. Yep, really [including the female half of a got-together-on-efests couple i'm pretty sure some posting in this thread know])

I think tuition fees was a very big issue in this election but less in a "voting for my own benefit" thing. Rather, tuition fees are a very visible demonstration of the gap between the generations in terms of what they got. The older generation got free tuition and maintenance grants, the current one get huge debts. There's no way you can argue that's fair, it's just not a position that works. You can argue we can no longer afford it, but you can't argue it's fair. 

you want fair with that then? :P

Will you be the one telling 80% of those at uni today that tough shit, education is over, and they need to be working 40 hour weeks for less than NMW from age 16?

I'm all for free uni, but if you want to do comparisons you have to do the full comparison.

So the tuition fees thing becomes more than just that. It becomes "vote for us if you want fairness" and everyone wants to think they want things to be fair.

I didn't say it was *only* about uni.

And if it's all about what you say there the same problem still exists, that once that want is sated, what gets the youngsters' vote out?

Edited by eFestivals

13 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

I've not in any way tried to stop any of that discussion - I really don't know who you've been reading, but it's not me.

you counted more than ten things as "just one or two". That was you.

I can't be bothered to check elsewhere.

I might point out that screaming "HE'S THE DEVIL" constantly

And i've screamed there were today? :rolleyes:

You you I'm making up bollocks, when the bollocks isn't mine. If you want there to be less bollocks, you need to stop talking it.

I haven't even mentioned Corbyn, I don't think I've even mentioned Labour.

I've asked that with lesser things to motivate in a future where today's motivators have been satisfied, what is going to get the youngsters vote out.

looks ridiculous but that's it. As repeated many times there are shades of grey between "he's the devil" and "he does no wrong" - please stop trying to force people into one box or the other.

There's no grey with your making it up. It is black and white that you are.

i've mentioned no devils, I've mentioned motivators to vote.

FFS. :lol:

YOU are the one deciding it's all about Corbyn, which is fuck all to do with me. :rolleyes:

Just now, eFestivals said:

says the geezer  that has somehow decided that an observation about what gets the vote out is a criticism of Corbyn. :lol:

And you wonder why I think Corbynistas are fruitcakes. :lol:

your bonkers.  This thread is literally 100s of pages of you taking every opportunity to bash Corbyn.  Some of the criticism is valid.  It's just the relentlessness of it that's amazing.

Just now, uscore said:

your bonkers.  This thread is literally 100s of pages of you taking every opportunity to bash Corbyn.  Some of the criticism is valid.

I'm glad you're able to admit it. That's more than many have been able to do.

And if they had? There wouldn't be so many posts.

Just now, uscore said:

It's just the relentlessness of it that's amazing.

so relentless that you fantasise about it even when it's not happening, like today? :lol:

I DID NOT MENTION CORBYN. I HAVE NOT BEEN CRITICAL OF LABOUR.

Yet here you are, telling me I'm relentless with something that is your deluded fantasy and nothing of my words. :lol:

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm glad you're able to admit it. That's more than many have been able to do.

And if they had? There wouldn't be so many posts.

so relentless that you fantasise about it even when it's not happening, like today? :lol:

I DID NOT MENTION CORBYN. I HAVE NOT BEEN CRITICAL OF LABOUR.

Yet here you are, telling me I'm relentless with something that is your deluded fantasy and nothing of my words. :lol:

well you did mention Corbyn, albeit indirectly by calling him our Glorious Leader. And admittedly I'm combining anti-Corbynness with anti-"Corbynista"ness.    But it's still like a crusade.  Even in a discussion with Frostypaw you instantly assume they are fanatical simply because they disagreed with you.

6 minutes ago, uscore said:

fair enough. It's everyone else that's wrong.

when nothing I (initially) said was about Corbyn or critical in any way of Labour, the responses I've had *HAVE* been wrong.

And when it's the same people wading in with claims of things I've not said and claiming I'm attacking the person who wasn't mentioned, it's laughable too.

6 minutes ago, uscore said:

anyway, I won't labour on, no pun intended.  Just keep it in mind perhaps.

I did, by not mentioning Labour or Corbyn at all, until after it turned into moron-ville. :rolleyes:

this tory is espcially a `c**t` 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/stewart-jackson-tory-mps-facebook-messages-abuse-thick-chav-constituent-a7790296.html

Cant say im surprised, my own local tory mp was involved in this abuse of her constituents also-reported on this before (friend of mine was the one behind the video-what it doesnt tell you is sheryls son also , filmed, physically pushed and shouted abuse at the people questioning her) pleased to say it did reach the media not shocked(sadly) to say the local oap brigade who dont give a fuck still voted her back in :(http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-says-pleased-food-banks-10562993

Edited by waterfalls212434

Oh and laughing my ass off at efests attempts to defend himself, mate youve been bashing corbyn for literally months now so how can you claim your not fanatical just because youve missed one day(if you even have), you were ranting at him before the leadership coup, ESPECIALLY during labours 2nd  leadership contest and then even more so since the general election was called.

I mean come on man? if you dont like the guy at least have the balls to come out and admit it rather then `pretending` you have no personal issue against someone youve actually spent months attacking and talking down......because thats just fucking stupidity. I mean yeah you can bash me all you like for how I speak but at least im not ashamed to admit who I cant stand, stop pretending your motives are pure if you want to save what little face you have on this thread.

I think it is a real shame that Farron has gone.  He was an extremely likable chap who struck me as being the kind of Liberal politician I always had a soft spot for, that slightly posh vicar type, the kind who probably has an acoustic guitar on hand when he gives his Sunday sermon and gives the harvest festival goods to Calais.

Sadly the LibDem party themselves never got on board with the idea of a progressive alliance in the way that it seemed many of their supporters did.  As a result I expect Labour will manage to keep a good chunk of those supporters at least for the next election if not longer.

8 hours ago, Spindles said:

I think it is a real shame that Farron has gone.  He was an extremely likable chap who struck me as being the kind of Liberal politician I always had a soft spot for, that slightly posh vicar type, the kind who probably has an acoustic guitar on hand when he gives his Sunday sermon and gives the harvest festival goods to Calais.

Sadly the LibDem party themselves never got on board with the idea of a progressive alliance in the way that it seemed many of their supporters did.  As a result I expect Labour will manage to keep a good chunk of those supporters at least for the next election if not longer.

How can a Liberal leader be opposed to gay sex?

If he was so compromised with his religious beliefs, how could the man possibly put himself forward to be PM of this country?

What if he had won?

9 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Oh and laughing my ass off at efests attempts to defend himself, mate youve been bashing corbyn for literally months now so how can you claim your not fanatical just because youve missed one day(if you even have), you were ranting at him before the leadership coup, ESPECIALLY during labours 2nd  leadership contest and then even more so since the general election was called.

I don't disagree with any of that. I was against him because *everything* about him showed that he wouldn't get close to being elected.

That turned out to be wrong - very wrong - but it doesn't get to mean it was a bad take I had on things. Even Corbyn shared much of my own view, as he made clear in the HoC the other day, with his "unexpected results" gag.

None of that means that a comment I might make that has no mention of Corbyn is an attack on Corbyn - that's merely your own very very wrong take, and one driven by your prejudices and not evidence.

I mean come on man? if you dont like the guy at least have the balls to come out and admit it rather then `pretending` you have no personal issue against someone youve actually spent months attacking and talking down.

I have no personal issue with the guy. WTF are you so fucking thick?

I want a Labour govt - and a sustainable Labour govt based on sound and do-able policies (rather than a big fuck up that sees them out of power again for decades) - and not a personality cult.

.....because thats just fucking stupidity.

The stupid is your fantasies.

I mean yeah you can bash me all you like for how I speak but at least im not ashamed to admit who I cant stand, stop pretending your motives are pure if you want to save what little face you have on this thread.

Yep, you're driven by hate. You make that clear every time your show your hate to me, for me having a different opinion to you.

I'm driven by facts and evidence and analysis. I might get that wrong at times, but I'm still less wrong than what comes out in your hate-driven diatribes.

Edited by eFestivals

8 hours ago, Spindles said:

I think it is a real shame that Farron has gone.

and the bigger shame is the coordinated and nasty-as-any-tory smear campaign that led to it. I wonder who was behind that?

(I actually think he needed to go anyway, as his over-earnest campaigning style seemed to have little appeal - tho it doesn't seem to be that part which was the major part in him quitting).

Edited by eFestivals

yeah yeah yeah you want a labour government but you spend months running down the man who was the one trying to make that happen......bollocks mate you can claim what you like you don`t go on at someone like you do corbyn if you have no personal issue with them, basic logic. You go far beyond criticism into the some might say obsessive territory, as in noone can say a positive word about the guy on here without you popping up to oppose it in some way and its been that way for bloody months. 

Oh and as for calling me thick? I was one of those trying to tell you that corbyn had the tools and the support to pull some kind of result out of the leadership election and then the general election itself.....and I was right, maybe you should fucking listen for a change eh?