Recommend an Act: 2017 Edition

Tuna

On 31/03/2017 at 11:27 AM, Bradders said:

I run a new music site with a couple of mates and we put together this playlist of stuff we recommend. The other guys are both playing the Avalon with their bands, as it happens. Anyway, here it is:

Some great stuff on here, and on your Twitter/Facebook pages @Bradders, now, who are the bands??

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/04/2017 at 11:12 AM, mjsell said:

Don't want this thread to die.

Didn't see anyone suggest Kate Tempest at any point, so here she is. Spoken word, poet, playwright, rapper - I imagine she is a very marmite act, but she has some very cutting and thought provoking lyrics with a consistent standpoint - pretty much consistently pessimistic but some people will love that.

Glad to see she has been added to this thread. Listen to the album that track is taken from - Let Them Eat Chaos - in full, from start to finish - its a superb piece of work, one of the best albums of last year. It's 4:18...

On 4/11/2017 at 11:52 AM, Quark said:

Agreed.

Still a SR, but based on their FB page I'm chucking them in the mix. Chainska Brassika,  7 piece ska band from Lewisham.  Won the World Reggae Championships last year and have collaborated with Toots. Great blend of energy and summer vibes.

For fans of: early Madness, Bad Manners, Toots & The Maytals

Could not agree more. Seen them 3 times since Glastonbury. Hoping to find someone to agree to join me for the Leeds/Sheffield gigs this weekend. 

Really hoping to see them this year after the epic Thursday set on the williams green bandstand in 2015

On 30/03/2017 at 8:02 PM, dingbat2 said:

I keep banging on about it but....

For all fans of Electropop and synth music, there really isn't anyone better

And they are going to be in a tent this year, its going to sound amazing

I was in that crowd ! and I will be in the one this year too :)