Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Primal Scream at Maifeld Derby.

As @DiscothequeDave said before they play in Antwerp on Friday so they'll not be our sub.

edit:  it's not friday but saturday. Anyway they play at Melkweg on thursday.

edit2: if they play at BKS it'd be 4 gigs in a row, I think it's unlikely.

edit3: Run Dmc at Tinderbox the week after BKS...a perfect co-head with RTJ

Edited by alan_ts

1 minute ago, Tijn said:

I would be very surprised if the sub for RTJ was another hip-hop act and I would think that Run DMC would be quite expensive. My guess at the moment would be either Belle and Sebastian, Phoenix or Savages.

Belle and Sebastian's schedule might allow an appearance at BKS, but they would be another returning act (they performed at BKS2014 as so many other acts of this year's lineup).

Phoenix can be ruled out as they will play a show in the USA/L.A. on the 15th.

Savages might be a possibility.

I still keep my fingers crossed for The Flaming Lips (not that probable as co-head) or Lorde (quite possible), but with the tendency of returning acts I'm a little scared The 1975 could return as co-head.

1 hour ago, Tijn said:

I would be very surprised if the sub for RTJ was another hip-hop act and I would think that Run DMC would be quite expensive.

It would have sense an hip hop co/sub imo:

Rtj + ??? --> hip hop

Arcade Fire + George Ezra --> indie rock/pop

Radiohead + James Blake --> can't define but both hipster music

1 hour ago, mellowmaniac said:

Belle and Sebastian's schedule might allow an appearance at BKS, but they would be another returning act (they performed at BKS2014 as so many other acts of this year's lineup).

Phoenix can be ruled out as they will play a show in the USA/L.A. on the 15th.

Savages might be a possibility.

I still keep my fingers crossed for The Flaming Lips (not that probable as co-head) or Lorde (quite possible), but with the tendency of returning acts I'm a little scared The 1975 could return as co-head.

Think they can only play the Sunday if I remember correctly.

I've checked Belle & Sebastian tour dates (someone has already mentioned them) and they're free on Friday; they're also sharing some dates with Spoon that have the first European gig on Saturday in Germany.

6 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Primal Scream now can definitely be ruled out.

Beside their Amsterdam show on the 15th, they now have the Antwerp show on the 16th and added a Cologne date on the 17th, before performing at Mairfeld Derby on the 18th.

They don't feel the age...I'd never imagine they do 4 gigs in a row.

5 hours ago, Siamesedream said:

Have two 3 day tickets to sell unfortunately as something has come up which will not allow us to attend.  The site says the tickets are transferable.  Anyone ever sell one?  Anyone know anyone interested?

Might be worth posting on the BKS facebook page discussion section.

Someone asked about the next announcement and BKS replied 'that's our best kept secret!'

That's pretty poor PR from my point of view. It's 2 and a half months away and the line up should be complete by now given that other festivals two months later have announced nearly triple the amount of names.

30 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Might be worth posting on the BKS facebook page discussion section.

Someone asked about the next announcement and BKS replied 'that's our best kept secret!'

That's pretty poor PR from my point of view. It's 2 and a half months away and the line up should be complete by now given that other festivals two months later have announced nearly triple the amount of names.

That was the same thing they were saying before the last headliner and band announcement.

I think its clear "best kept secret" just means not very much of substance....

After Radiohead this has been a rather dissapointing wait of announcements...

Not that there arent a handful of great ones I'll go see, but still...

5 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

'that's our best kept secret!' as standard reply to such questions is getting a bit annoying.

I think many people (if caring at all) would like some new information, instead of flashbacks to past editions.

It's seven weeks since the big announcement and I really wish they wouldn't have announced that many names within a single announcement, but instead would have split it like in the past (small announcements about every four weeks). I have the feeling that they might have done it this way to cover the fact that the third headliner might have disappointed many of the ticket buyers and that the co-headliner in total are pretty weak (not necessarily quality-wise but compared to past co-headliners like Portishead, Alt-J, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, A$AP Rocky, Royal Blood or Air).

But to be honest, I'm more interested in finding out if they took all the bad feedback about last year's Stage 3 to heart and will change it again, than finding out about the few additional bands they will announce (even though I still hope there will be some nice surprise confirmations).

Just trying to look through last year...That announcement with Air was March 4th and then there was another 6 acts announced on April 11th. Stage 4 announcement May 5th and the timetable on May 9th.

Just a guess but perhaps one more perhaps there will be one more band announcement this month, then the stage 4 and timetable stuff next month. I don't think it has been significantly different to last year really but agree the limited social media activity is abit frustrating.

13 minutes ago, arteet said:

They are on the BKS website too, on Friday. 

At least they are not listed as Friday's co-headliner. ;)

Strange that they add one band to the lineup page, without an official announcement and without any other bands (like Thomas Azier who also selfconfirmed).

BTW: they updated very recently - 45 minutes ago they weren't listed yet.

P.S.: Just officially announced on BKS' Facebook...

Edited by mellowmaniac