Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Very unfortunately we can finally rule out The Flaming Lips as they confirmed a new US show on the 17th, before heading off to the UK the week after BKS.

Ah......bollocks.

Hopes resting on Thee Oh Sees, Belle and Sebastian and Saint Etienne now.

I have the feeling not too many interesting acts already confirmed for other festivals are options for the remaining spots at BKS. These are the acts that seem possible. Please add any other acts being realistic to the discussion:

Most probable:

- The Afghan Whigs (in Belgium on the 14th and 15th of June)

- Kate Tempest (17.06. Mairfeld Derby, 18.06. Luxembourg. Booked by Friendly Fire and has been at BKS before.)

- Milky Chance (at Traumzeit Festival 1,5h away from BKS at the same weekend. New record. Booked by Friendly Fire. No NL show, even though BE and FR shows are announced. Possible co-headliner for the 16th)

Also possible:

- Lorde (first EU show on 21.06. at Glastonbury, no NL show so far. Could also be a co-headliner for the 16th)

- Belle And Sebastian (15.06. Chelsea, UK, 18.06. Barcelona)

- Chinah (10.06. Northside, 22.06. Tinderbox. Booked by Friendly Fire. Could be Scandinavian shows only, but who knows...)

- Joe Goddard of Hot Chip (17.06. Sonar Barcelona)

- Tom Odell (15.06. Bergenfest, 17.06. Traumzeit Festival)

- Haim (first EU show on 21.06. Glastonbury / Tinderbox. Booked by Friendly Fire)

- Loyle Carner (17.06. Paris)

- Songhoy Blues (14.06. Paris)

Less likely:

- S U R V I V E (booked by Friendly Fire, but last EU show on 03.06. in London)

- Flying Lotus (last EU show on 11.06. in Manchester, first overseas show on 21.06. in Calgary)

- Teenage Fanclub (11.06. Nimes, France)

- Public Service Broadcasting (19.06. Inmusic, Croatia)

- Fickle Friends (15.06. Dover, UK. Booked by Friendly Fire. Have been at BKS before)

- Mo (22.06. Tinderbox. Not that likely, but has canceled on BKS before)

- Saint Etienne (11.06. Manchester)

- Grandaddy (10.06. Nimes, France. Last NL show will be TOMORROW)

- Shellac (10.06. Porto)

Other request like Moonlandingz and Anna Meredith do have already two confirmed NL shows or aren't available like Thee Oh Sees (17.06. San Francisco, USA).

Edited by mellowmaniac

29 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

I have the feeling not too many interesting acts already confirmed for other festivals are options for the remaining spots at BKS. These are the acts that seem possible. Please add any other acts being realistic to the discussion:

Most probable:

- Kate Tempest (17.06. Mairfeld Derby, 18.06. Luxembourg. Booked by Friendly Fire and has been at BKS before.)

- Milky Chance (at Traumzeit Festival 1,5h away from BKS at the same weekend. New record. Booked by Friendly Fire. No NL show, even though BE and FR shows are announced. Possible co-headliner for the 16th)

Also possible:

- Lorde (first EU show on 21.06. at Glastonbury, no NL show so far. Could also be a co-headliner for the 16th)

- Chinah (10.06. Northside, 22.06. Tinderbox. Booked by Friendly Fire. Could be Scandinavian shows only, but who knows...)

- Haim (first EU show on 21.06. Glastonbury / Tinderbox. Booked by Friendly Fire)

Less likely:

- Flying Lotus (last EU show on 11.06. in Manchester, first overseas show on 21.06. in Calgary)

- Fickle Friends (15.06. Dover, UK. Booked by Friendly Fire. Have been at BKS before)

- Shellac (10.06. Porto)

Other request like Moonlandingz and Anna Meredith do have already two confirmed NL shows or aren't available like Thee Oh Sees (17.06. San Francisco, USA).

Good work 

One of the bookers has tweeted about Moonlandingz. I think they'll be at BKS - they're at another Dutch festival in July but the Amazons are at both so clearly not a problem being at both.

Grandaddy could be a good shout and possibly not allowed to announce until after that gig (Motel Mozaique)  -  (Thundercat is on the bill which goes against my theory though)

1 hour ago, mellowmaniac said:

Most probable:

Also possible:

Less likely:

- Shellac (10.06. Porto)

+ Spoon.

Belle and Sebastian + Spoon could be a good way to finish the lineup.

Other acts I'd like to have is some techno djs besides Vatican Shadow, Laurel Halo...

On 4/5/2017 at 1:36 PM, mr. brightside said:

This will be the best Radiohead concert of the tour i think because of the capacity (not so huge), the place and the fact that the sold out happened mostly for them and the crowd would be polite and generouswith them, so it would be a magic night. And with AF the previous night that's enough, i wish i could be there...

Edited by mr. brightside

On 06/04/2017 at 9:53 PM, mr. brightside said:

This will be the best Radiohead concert of the tour i think because of the capacity (not so huge), the place and the fact that the sold out happened mostly for them and the crowd would be polite and generouswith them, so it would be a magic night. And with AF the previous night that's enough, i wish i could be there...

This right here.

Saw them last here at Nos Alive and while the whole festival was fantastic and a much better line up than this here. Radioheads audio was bad, and at a crowd so live. Just a horrible experience at certain spots in the crowd.

This should be awesome :)

On 15.4.2017 at 10:18 AM, alan_ts said:

What kind of music do the djs play on Stage 4?

Kind of everything... There were DJs playing indie, hip hop, electro, as well as members of bands performing at BKS with special DJ sets and some other specials.

Even though not on Stage 4, one of last years highlights was the indie karaoke with a live band of musicians from bands like De Staat, John Coffey, Blaudzun, Indian Askin, Triggerfinger, Hooverphonic,... I hope it will return, because it was a blast.