Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Duncan1234 said:

Has anyone received their tickets yet?

Im going to amsterdam leaving next Tuesday for 10 days before the festival. 

Need to sort out tickets before we leave! Just realised they may not arrive before we go!

also waiting on tickets for accommodation unless you just take printed reveipt!

thanks

If you haven't received an email with the attached tickets you can try a workaround (it worked for us):

1.) go to Eventim.nl

2.) click "Inloggen bij mijn eventim"

3.) click "Wachtwoord vergeten"

4.) enter the emailadress you booked your accomodation/tickets with

Afterwards you'll receive an email with a temporary password and get access to your Eventim.nl account where you can download the tickets as PDF.

I don't know what kind of accomodation you booked, but I always had a bungalow and don't get a proper ticket for it. I just print out the confirmation PDF attached to the confirmation email from libema.nl. You'll have to go to the main reception of Beekse Bergen to pick up your keys or other accomodation stuff and can exchange your tickets for wristbands there, too.

Hi - we're coming to BSK for the first time this year, flying over and camping in our own tent. Wondering how early you need to get to the site on Friday for a decent camping spot? Is it like some UK festivals where there's a mad rush and if you don't get there first thing you'll be stuck next to the toilets or a in a mud bath? Is there usually much going on before the bands start on Friday?

Any other tips much appreciated!

15 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

They've been on the line up for a while, no?

5 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

Two Scottish girls playing 'poppy' garage stuff on guitar and drums. I rather like them.

Haha didn't notice that...on fb it seemed it's a new add :):) 

Is the festival totally cashless this year? 

Seen the facebook message about it being done by credit/debit card but are there any cash bars? doing it by debit card is a good idea but not if you're in the UK and you're getting charged for every transaction.

Plus I've already changed my holiday money lol

Not particularly pleased with the info about the payment method (assuming I have understood it correctly)

I liked the chip idea as 1) no cash to mess about with and 2) you could track what you are spending

With the lack of these chip things and only being able to pay by cards I think (2) will be difficult. Its not the end of the world but I know I spent alot last year so would rather keep track of this somewhat through the festival rather than come back to a big overdraft!

EDIT

Dave - Perhaps look into the possibility of getting a pre paid travel card as I think this will probably work. Also look at the Halifax clarity credit card as this doesnt have transaction fees.

I'm just going to use my credit card I think as no fees, its just as above it wont be that easy to track what I am spending

Edited by arteet

13 minutes ago, arteet said:

Not particularly pleased with the info about the payment method (assuming I have understood it correctly)

I liked the chip idea as 1) no cash to mess about with and 2) you could track what you are spending

With the lack of these chip things and only being able to pay by cards I think (2) will be difficult. Its not the end of the world but I know I spent alot last year so would rather keep track of this somewhat through the festival rather than come back to a big overdraft!

EDIT

Dave - Perhaps look into the possibility of getting a pre paid travel card as I think this will probably work. Also look at the Halifax clarity credit card as this doesnt have transaction fees.

I'm just going to use my credit card I think as no fees, its just as above it wont be that easy to track what I am spending

Cheers, looking into it now.

Yes, you will only be able to pay with credit- and bankcards. There is (so far) no way to use other payments. They replied that the partner bank (Rabobank) will not charge any fees, but haven't offered a reply to the questions about fees from international source banks. They told a user without credit card to write an email to info@bestkeptsecret.nl and offered to find a solution.

2 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Yes, you will only be able to pay with credit- and bankcards. There is (so far) no way to use other payments. They replied that the partner bank (Rabobank) will not charge any fees, but haven't offered a reply to the questions about fees from international source banks. They told a user without credit card to write an email to info@bestkeptsecret.nl and offered to find a solution.

Yeah I've just seen that those comments. In most cases wont their be a charge from the domestic card holder. Say for example if I use my normal Halifax credit card they will charge me? Wont they? Rabobank wont be able to influence the Halifax charge?

Edited by arteet

6 minutes ago, arteet said:

Yeah I've just seen that those comments. In most cases wont their be a charge from the domestic card holder. Say for example if I use my normal Halifax credit card they will charge me? Wont they? Rabobank wont be able to influence the Halifax charge?

I'm from Germany and have Euro as native currency. If I use my credit card for payments in Euro I'm not charged a fee. If I pay in GBP or USD I'd have to pay a fee. I guess same is probable with Euro payments if your native currency is GBP.

That might be the best option but still means queuing to get the card ! I know 2 years ago we couldn't top our wristbands up with a British credit or debit card as they wouldn't take Visa or MasterCard! So we had to take the bus back into Tilburg to get cash as the cash machine at the festival was closed!!

Cashless is awful because I can't control money but always better than coupons, every time I lose a part of them or find some in my pocket after the festival :D

Edited by alan_ts

I think this is a terrible idea from BKS the wristband system worked really well quick easy to use I could load up my wristband on the Friday leave my wallet safe in hotel and didn't need to worry about losing or it getting it stolen. Sorry for the rant It's probably best to use a prepaid Visa /MasterCard  so you won't get charged any transaction fees. 

2 hours ago, spudling said:

I think this is a terrible idea from BKS the wristband system worked really well quick easy to use I could load up my wristband on the Friday leave my wallet safe in hotel and didn't need to worry about losing or it getting it stolen. Sorry for the rant It's probably best to use a prepaid Visa /MasterCard  so you won't get charged any transaction fees. 

Yeah, in my opinion it's a great system for people who live in the Netherlands or the EU. No need to have the chip on my wrist throughout the weekend, and I can check what I have spant with my bank's app.