Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seriously wondering about the announcement. 

2 choices : 

- We'll have the crumbs that remains from the other festivals aka some middle class bands like Metronomy

- A big announcement from a band who didn't put a lot of festivals on their bills yet (Bon Iver ? Gorillaz ? QOTSA ? Bjork ?).

This is getting way too long, a lot of people are selling their tickets. 

2 minutes ago, Astroboy86 said:

What's the sense of selling tickets of a sold out event before the lineup is revealed? 
I don't think there will be problems for selling tickets whatever the lineup.

7 minutes ago, Astroboy86 said:

2 choices : 

- We'll have the crumbs that remains from the other festivals aka some middle class bands like Metronomy

- A big announcement from a band who didn't put a lot of festivals on their bills yet (Bon Iver ? Gorillaz ? QOTSA ? Bjork ?).

Most bands are booked since many months. Therefore I don't expect leftovers. ;) I have the feeling that the lineup will be amazing - perhaps even more than usual (and I'm not talking about Radiohead and Arcade Fire).

i don't know about the third headliner, but it will not be Bon Iver (Eaux Claire) and most probably not Gorillaz oder QOTSA (wrong festival). Björk could be a nice surprise (I'd welcome VERY much), but I still think it's one of the many other bands already discussed.

10 minutes ago, Astroboy86 said:

2 choices : 

Yes it has been too long.

That said, people should have faith. Maybe having the extra money up front led them to change the way they approached the bookings and they want to go for a higher calibre of artists. We know a large chunk of bands that are likely to be there from other festivals and dates and it should be a great undercard at the very least.

I'm guessing Thursday for the announcement.

20 minutes ago, Astroboy86 said:

2 choices : 

Don't think it will be either of the above. I get the frustration of lack of info but it just normal service as far as I can see.

They are only announcing a couple of weeks later than they have done last few and have already announced 2 headliners.

I'm not expecting a 'massive' band to be honest, although Arcade Fire and Radiohead have changed the trend of what they have tended to do previously. I wasn't particularly excited about Jamie XX last year but thoroughly enjoyed his set. They have always had a strong undercard and would much rather they continue to focus on that. 

*fingers crossed for not Kasabian* :P

Edited by arteet

Another with fingers firmly crossed for Kasabian.

I see it being from the following pool, based on tour dates or just plain hunches...

Pet Shop Boys, Bjork, The Killers, Morrissey, Kasabian, LCD Soundsystem or The Stone Roses. 

Edited by DiscothequeDave

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I see it being from the following pool, based on tour dates or just plain hunches...

Pet Shop Boys, Bjork, The Killers, Morrissey, Kasabian, LCD Soundsystem or The Stone Roses. 

Stones Roses are ruled out. 

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I've a bad sensarion on Placebo...20 years tour and not a Netherlands gig yet.

35 minutes ago, Astroboy86 said:

Very strong doubts about it. Saw them a few years ago at Pukkelpop, even if I'm a big fan, they're quite old now... 

Saw them in Manchester last year and they were a lot better than they were at Pukkelpop.

Don't think it'll happen either way but it would be a dream of a line up for me.

51 minutes ago, Duncan1234 said:

Cmon LCD Soundsystem...

Dont think theres much chance but I can hope.

I think there's a chance. Cannot see them only doing a handful of US dates and no European tour with an album to promote. Not worth getting the gear out.  I still predict they'll be in Europe in June. Still room for them on the RW bill and hopefully BKS.

54 minutes ago, Jefferke said:

A teaser video appeared on their Instagram story, so maybe we have some news tomorrow. 

I'm a little dumb on internet things since I know only fb and this forum...what's instagram story? :) 

I mean, do you have a link of the teaser? I don't find it. ;)

Edited by alan_ts

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

I'm a little dumb on internet things since I know only fb and this forum...what's instagram story? :) 

I mean, do you have a link of the teaser? I don't find it. ;)

You could watch it by follow BKS' profile on the mobile app, look for the circle buttons on top: https://www.instagram.com/bksfestival/

Anyway, in my opinion there's nothing concrete in the foggy teaser. I attached the most informative shot, maybe you'll find some clue in the numbers (:

Anyway, I believe there will be an announcement tomorrow morning.

IMG].png