Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some lazy analysis from someone who's been watching the thread as I bought early bid tix.

20 bands on the Foos day, 21 on the other days could be an indicator. To me Saturday is much weaker though and I'd have thought someone subbing above Wilco would make sense.

If it is Thursday the band are unlikely to be bigger than Foals as they're sub or headliner everywhere this summer, but could be that line of font as there's less for that day and I'd hope the band are comparable or bigger than M.I.A. given the delay.

We know they aren't American...

I'd say the XX are bigger than Foals so I'd rule them out (either way prob marginal).

Maybe The Hives or Wolfmother?

These are hopes as much as anything as I was really loving the idea of Imagine Dragons or Macklemore (subbing the Saturday), Wolfmother, The Hives and Jimmy Eat World as the 4.

31 minutes ago, stubbs said:

Arctic Monkeys for the last addition?

They haven't announced any shows for '17 yet? It would make sense for MC to wait and have them headline in 2018.

& what a shit show yesterday! My own dumb fault, but I stayed up past midnight for the announcement (I live in Asia), only for them not to announce anything new <_<

I'm pretty gutted about the announcement yesterday... although I'm happy with foo fighters, green day, kol, catfish and foals! So hey oh! Will still be amazing.

although I'm still holding on to that glimmer of hope that royal blood will be the fourth! 

Artic monkeys would of been nice but I'm guessing their still working on their new album which it due sometime mid 2017! Buzzing for that! Reckon they'll head line a few festivals next year now.

1 minute ago, foolee said:

What makes you say this? And isn't he American?

He has announced a show in Italy in late June. 

By the way, I am almost sure that he isn't the final name. As you said, he is american, and it's been said by Mad Cool that none of the final 4 names will be american artists.

Edited by johnybegood

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

What makes you say this? And isn't he American?

He is, but technically he wasn't announced yesterday, which is what they might have been reffering to with that comment. 

He just got announced for https://pearljam.com/news/eddie-vedder-to-headline-firenze-rocks-festival , 10 days before Mad Cool. PJ were the original rumour for Mad Cool this year. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Isn't Eddie Vedder too massive to play sub-headliner slot? In 2014 he headlined Super Bock Super Rock in Lisbon (not as big as Mad Cool, but anyway). Btw, it was exclusive european show.
Still, all other headliners are bigger than him, and his good relations with Dave Grohl also make me think it's possible to see him before FF - there's 20 bands on thursday against 21 on friday and saturday, remember?

3 hours ago, gregory said:

A few people grabbed it before it was deleted. "This afternoon we will announce the name of the man that his guitar will close the poster of Mad Cool. Attentive!"

img-2010.jpg

Nothing is real until it's confirmed. Don't get your hopes up anyone.  

Fake twit made with photoshop or paint, by one of the trolls from Azkena Forum (so fake as the link you posted yesterday). Gregory, you are bringing here lot of misinformation about this festival. That forum is about Azkena Festival, and lot of users are always creating high expectations with fake information when a Spanish festival is going to announce some bands in order to create a huge letdown after the annoucement. It's a funny place, with some great trolls, but if you want to get information about spanish festivals run away from there. And please, don't bring that fake info here. "International Festivals Forum" from Efestivals has been always a helpful place where local people try to help foreign people who are going to visit their countries for a festival. No need to be trolling here.

Edited by johnybegood

I just don't believe them anymore. We were supposed to have 4 bands yesterday, never happened. Announcement today, never happened. So why should i believe that last act is not from USA, or is it just one act left? Maybe it is from USA, maybe there's more than one. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. Got Firenze Rocks on my mind for last 10 hours ;-) Aerosmith, Eddie and Prophets