Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

Again respectfully I disagree.

When we start introducing overzealous policing that in no way reflects the risks, we just let the terrorists win.

There is significantly more chance of being killed in the taxi to the festival than the festival itself. But would I get in a taxi? Yes. 

And I wouldn't want to reduce the risk of being blown up inside the site just so I can be blown up by the entrance instead.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I guess we can agree to disagree. :-)

How many do you think would be killed if such a bomb as in Manchester went of in the midst of a crowd in front of a stage, instead of a foyer outside?

A better screening of the backpacks and a simple body search would be for the better for all of us. And it should not make longer lines if the necessary manpower and competence is applied.

I cannot see how such easy measures would "let the terrorists win" or is "introducing overzealous policing". It is just a question on bringing the gate security up to a level at least on par with other festivals. 

You're probably right and thanks for being so good natured about it.

I guess I always find myself thinking of Field Day. Every time I go they have dog patrols, police and heavy handed security (reminds me of the film 'Children of Men' that make the whole arrival at the festival totally miserable and I'm worrried that's where we will end up with all festivals if more and more zealous security measures start to be brought in.

One of Primavera's greatest assets is how relaxed and painless the whole atmosphere is.

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Looks like Solange is at risk of cancelling...

It's a very very late cancellation, on the day. If rumours are to be believed, her sister Beyoncé gave birth today. 

i wouldn't  imagine that would affect next week at all, if true. 

23 hours ago, tjrant said:

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4151055-noga-erezs-track-by-track-guide-to-off-the-radar

It's also here.

One of the artists I'm most looking forward too, so thanks for finding this!

Awesome! I imagined there will be an international streaming, rather than just the Israeli one. She's really trending up.

20 hours ago, xxialac said:

Totally disagree. I can hardly see the point in having invasive security that causes tedious queues, when that would create a large unpoliced crowd which in itself becomes a target.

All the security in the world at the bagcheck to the Manchester Arena would not have prevented the attack. It happened outside.

What's the point?

The point is that life comes first, and a massive event such as Primavera Sound has to take care its crowd.

Us Israelis had to deal with terror for dozens of years, including times when it wasn't considered safe to get on a bus or go to the mall, as those exploded on a daily basis. The Israeli authorities had to adjust to the new threat and use measures such as metal detectors, and it works brilliantly. Sadly, this is a phase Europe has to go through and realize that more emphasis on security is going to save lives, and that's a priority as far as I'm concerned. Might not be as convenient as it was a couple of years ago, obviously more expensive, but necessary nonetheless. Yesterday my family seriously asked me if I'm not concerned about going to Europe following the Manchester Arena attack. 

Also, as horrific as it sounds, if an attack has to occur, the head of security would rather see an attack occur near the entrance than in the crowded Mordor during the Aphex Twin gig. Perhaps the Manchester Arena attack could have been stopped with further intelligence and consciousness (some English ISIS guy even tweeted about Manchester Arena few hours before it happened, it was publicly monitored), but they are so lucky the suicide bomber never got in.

10 hours ago, meg stuart said:

how are the prices inside of the festival? like for beer, food, merch.. starting to organize myself about it 

Last time i was there for the 2014 fest it was 5 euro for 500ml heineken. I guess its probably 6 now? Anyone who went last year?

has the on site food improved? Last time i went it was pretty bad and we always opted to eat dinner out & then go to the festival

Just now, Memory Man said:

Last time i was there for the 2014 fest it was 5 euro for 500ml heineken. I guess its probably 6 now? Anyone who went last year?

has the on site food improved? Last time i went it was pretty bad and we always opted to eat dinner out & then go to the festival

I loved it last year!

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

What kind of food is there? All I remember from 2015 is the hotdog stands which I ate about fifty of over the course of the weekend as they seemed incredibly delicious to me in my drunk/high state.

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Here it is! Incredibly diverse.

11 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Would have liked to see him but I'm not a huge fan so more disappointed than annoyed. Hope they announce the replacement soon though I'm not expecting anything huge.

NOOOO :( 

For fuck sake, genuinely gutted. Hope they manage to find a replacement rather than just moving some stuff about.

I'm not a huge fan but would have liked to have seen him.

What a load of shit.

I don't know the finer details here but what a disgrace from whoever is responsible.

I sympathise with Frank if it's anxiety issues but you don't book a fuckton of huge headline shows if that is the case.

The thing regarding security and terrorism. I think the problem is like general security staff majority of the time are trained to do nothing in the event of an attack like that, the only people trained are police, so would really depend on resources within the police and whether they think it would be economical to have full security at the festival, which I doubt they will. Probably no more than a few extra coppers. Majority of security staff are told to just run and hide in the event of a terrorist attack

1 minute ago, zero000 said:

This is complete bullshit. Why is he so incredibly unreliable? Fingers crossed for a solid replacement

Two times I was supposed to see him, five years apart, and he's cancelled both. Guy really loves making it hard to be a fan of his doesn't he?

Just now, Memory Man said:

It they can get any remotely large name with 6 days to go it would be a miracle

My guess is that they were more or less told it wasn't happening along with the other festivals but were holding out for a definite 'no' or something similar. Hope they something worthwhile in his place. Seem to remember somebody on here saying they didn't replace Bjork a few years back?

On 5/24/2017 at 6:55 PM, TiZuff said:

it still worries me Primavera have made no announcement regarding Frank...

i knew it. honestly i fuckiing knew it. I tweeted them almost a month ago. They must have a replacement. fucking c**ts,.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

My guess is that they were more or less told it wasn't happening along with the other festivals but were holding out for a definite 'no' or something similar. Hope they something worthwhile in his place. Seem to remember somebody on here saying they didn't replace Bjork a few years back?

They didn't. Saint Ettiene were playing other day and ask them to replace her. If Frank's team actually noticed them on a fucking Saturday there is no chance for a replacement. If they did it a few days ago and Primavera delayed the announcement until they had another band, maybe. Anyway, Ocean is not the kind of rapper you can swap with another one. 

Did the other two festivals not announce the replacements along with announcing his cancellation? If so it's worrying that Primavera hasn't done that, and the wording of the cancellation makes it sound like some stuff could just be getting moved around - no mention of 'replacement' or any such. Hmm.