NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

2 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

@frostypaw got mine and Emmas, and I got @tommywillos. Thanx Frosty :D Nearly got @sheffieldladys but no coconut today. Fingers crossed for Sunday, prayers being said by those that believe. Well done to all that did, and good luck for Sunday to those that didn't. 

Great speech @bennyhana22 can't wait to see you in the bimble next year!!! 

Make sure you don't blink!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again @Curlygirl my own stupidity got to me this evening. Sunday will be better. I trust that we will all be there. You're all rather lovely for helping with tickets etc. 

This year, if I'm there. No more being a chicken. I'm coming to the meets with bells and whistles! (Hopefully avoiding slaps if it's a tad Manchester) 

1 hour ago, sheffieldlady said:

Thanks again @Curlygirl my own stupidity got to me this evening. Sunday will be better. I trust that we will all be there. You're all rather lovely for helping with tickets etc. 

This year, if I'm there. No more being a chicken. I'm coming to the meets with bells and whistles! (Hopefully avoiding slaps if it's a tad Manchester) 

I am absolutely horrified... been looking at the Lincoln coach times, Leaves at 2pm!! Returns at 6am!! Ouch. No efests meet for me. Obv I'll be at the NFR meet!!

Ouch CG, those are not great times!  Got pretty lucky with mine from London, 10am depart and 10am return.  The earliest I could have got was 7am from London, but there was no way I was going to be alive for a return trip at that sort of time on Monday!

2 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Ouch! I usually pull an all nighter on the Sunday. Sleep on the coach on route back! Hope everyone's heart beat is back to normal now?

Nope!  Nowhere near!  Decision now is whether I follow through my plan tonight and drive down to Brighton to watch Dub Pistols as a celebration, or catch up on some sleep.  I know what's winning at the moment... :yahoo:

I considered the all nighter and early coach back, but not having done it before I just don't trust myself to be organised enough!

You weren't trying for yourself last night in the end were you Gumby?

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nope!  Nowhere near!  Decision now is whether I follow through my plan tonight and drive down to Brighton to watch Dub Pistols as a celebration, or catch up on some sleep.  I know what's winning at the moment... :yahoo:

I considered the all nighter and early coach back, but not having done it before I just don't trust myself to be organised enough!

Dub Pistols Quark, it's Friday and you have reason to celebrate :) You can catch up on sleep another time!

I'm feeling a little worried about tickets on Sunday. It's been a while since I've had a Sunday sale for myself.

42 minutes ago, Quark said:

No, I was trying for you, actually. I struggled to keep up with the messenger chat, as I had a laptop and phone on the go, plus I was giving gumby jr his dinner, so I didn't realise you were already sorted, but you were the only one on my list who'd said they could do Thursday. 

We did the coach last year, and it was a bit of a pain in the arse with a little 'un. We may consider it in April, if we don't get tickets on Sunday, but we'd much rather use the car (which is hybrid, so probably greener than a coach anyway!) 

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

No, I was trying for you, actually. I struggled to keep up with the messenger chat, as I had a laptop and phone on the go, plus I was giving gumby jr his dinner, so I didn't realise you were already sorted, but you were the only one on my list who'd said they could do Thursday. 

We did the coach last year, and it was a bit of a pain in the arse with a little 'un. We may consider it in April, if we don't get tickets on Sunday, but we'd much rather use the car (which is hybrid, so probably greener than a coach anyway!) 

Aha, ta very much in that case!  Fingers crossed for Sunday then, will see what we can do :)

Crumbs I'm scared for Sunday! We've got 12 to get, and a few extra people helping, as some of our lot are on holiday or will have iffy wifi. I'm planning a fairly quiet weekend before Sunday, so hopefully I am awake and ready to go! I've got a cold so not feeling my best at the mo! 

Anyhoo, Happy Friday everyone, and happier friday to those already with tickets!! :)

26 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I'm scared for Sunday and I have tickets Lucy. Feeling blessed that I managed to get  Tommy's, feeling rotten that 5 of my real life friends didn't get them and it's the Sunday sale for them. I've still got butterflies now! 

It's horrible, isn't it! I remember buying tickets for the 2010 festival, I got them at 9.01 whilst still in bed, and went back to sleep! If only it were that easy now! Well, it is for some I suppose!!! 

I haven't done a Sunday sale since 2011! We have 4 in our group, 2 of which will be returning from their wedding. The other (Mr. Sheffieldlady) is currently working in the states. He isn't best pleased with his 3.30am wake up call for a 4am ticket sale.

I'm more than happy to put two extra into our group by the way - incase I see the magic booking screen :)

2 hours ago, sheffieldlady said:

I haven't done a Sunday sale since 2011! We have 4 in our group, 2 of which will be returning from their wedding. The other (Mr. Sheffieldlady) is currently working in the states. He isn't best pleased with his 3.30am wake up call for a 4am ticket sale.

I'm more than happy to put two extra into our group by the way - incase I see the magic booking screen :)

No commitment, some people! 

Afternoon all, welcome to the weekend!:)

Excellent news reading here about the folks that have already secured their tickets, I'm sure it is a huge relief getting it out of the way before the weekend madness... I was trying for the kind efester that got my ticket in the resale last year. I got through to the details page, put in the relevant info then it told me the registrations had already been used. I couldn't rebalance the karma for last year but at least she got sorted. For me I was ecstatic to see the details page as it is the first one I've seen in the last 3 years of trying. I hope it's a good sign for Sunday and that I haven't used up all my good luck last night...

Good luck everyone! I've been pushing happy karmic thoughts your way, whilst dealing with less important matters over the last month in what apparently is the real world. See you all on Sunday. My eFests mug, black coffee, 2 laptops, 4 browsers, 1 phone and lucky pants are sorted for the morning.

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I see!  Are those the only times, or just a possibility?

Those are the only times. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon I have a golden ticket, just a little disappointed I won't see most of Wednesday. That is the downfall of getting a coach isn't it! 

I am still a nervous wreck!! Get me with my technophobia, I have managed to clear history, cookies and cache?? From my laptop and do all updates ready for Sunday. I have 12 groups in my notepad ++ document ready to go. During the sale can we have a group chat thing and say 'group 1 got' type thing?