Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do see a distinct lack of passion by some people on this forum. A few announcements don't particularly go their way, or bands they were expecting are not announced and all of a sudden the line up is "not as good" or in some circumstances "poor". 

The line up is far from poor. A lot of the names mentioned are large scale successful international artists and in honesty, those who are not are more than worth a listen (i have not listened to them all yet but i have discovered some great new music).

With the line up and the amazing people at Werchter (i met loads of great people last time), I for one can not wait to visit again.

Stay Happy People :D:D

Edited by jonnytee1

1 minute ago, jonnytee1 said:

I do see a distinct lack of passion by some people on this forum. A few announcements don't particularly go their way, or bands they were expecting are not announced and all of a sudden the line up is "not as good" or in some circumstances "poor". 

The line up is far from poor. A lot of the names mentioned are large scale successful international artists and in honesty, those who are not are more than worth a listen (i have not listened to them all yet but i have discovered some great new music).

With the line up and the amazing people at Werchter (i met loads of great people last time), I for one can not wait to visit again.

Stay Happy People :D:D

Word.

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

Killers playing exit Jul 5th, there you go some hope for the people plugging them.

How bizarre. Added to "Day Zero" of the festival...??
Could they really have added an entire day to the festival for one band?

Despite how unbelievably unlikely it is, I'll still keep my fingers crossed for RW.

Edited by thetechi

12 minutes ago, Jimmerz95 said:

I'm going with my girlfriend on Wednesday. Bit strange for us to go without any friends. What can I expect in the Hive campsite? (Not a pre-made tent)

I'm travelling with two friends also on the Wednesday from Hampshire! So i am in the same boat (not camped in the Hive before). Regardless of what we find there..................................if you wanted some company for a beer.................:D:D

13 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Solange ruled out (playing Dour) but we already knew it almost impossible she'll play due to her schedule. 

This breaks my heart, so I guess I have to buy a day ticket for Lovebox to see her and Frank :(

Can anyone recommend where to start with Mark Lanegan? He's got so many albums, it's a bit intimidating to start. 

My dream announcement for Friday would be:

The Killers,

Biffy Clyro,

Enter Shikari,

Modestep, 

Marmozets

as far as I'm aware other than Marmozets they're all touring early summer festivals and haven't been announced for anything in Belgium 

Edited by tyranicide

4 minutes ago, tyranicide said:

My dream announcement for Friday would be:

The Killers,

Biffy Clyro,

Enter Shikari,

Modestep, 

Marmozets

I feel very similarly to you sir... 
I'm fairly certain The Killers are ruled out sadly...
Thursday 29th - Finland
Saturday 1st - Sweden 

Realistically they could only play Sunday for RW so I'm unsure they'd travel from Sweden to Belgium.

Biffy are in France on the Friday and Switzerland on the Sunday.

Having said this... Passenger is at RW on Saturday and in Switzerland on Sunday so I suppose it depends on how each act's logistics work.

13 minutes ago, thetechi said:

I feel very similarly to you sir... 
I'm fairly certain The Killers are ruled out sadly...
Thursday 29th - Finland
Saturday 1st - Sweden 

Realistically they could only play Sunday for RW so I'm unsure they'd travel from Sweden to Belgium.

Biffy are in France on the Friday and Switzerland on the Sunday.

Having said this... Passenger is at RW on Saturday and in Switzerland on Sunday so I suppose it depends on how each act's logistics work.

switzerland is much easier in terms of logistics than scandanavia. Biffy being in france and switzerland should be fine as belgium is fairly close to both. 

29 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

switzerland is much easier in terms of logistics than scandanavia. Biffy being in france and switzerland should be fine as belgium is fairly close to both. 

This ^ 

Would love to see Killers as i missed out on BST tickets however it looks very unlikely.

Still plenty of other potential bands to look forward to tho

2 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

I'm travelling with two friends also on the Wednesday from Hampshire! So i am in the same boat (not camped in the Hive before). Regardless of what we find there..................................if you wanted some company for a beer.................:D:D

Nice! How are you getting there? Me and the mrs kind of bottled our planning and are going via the eurostar even tho there's plenty of cheaper options. 

Love how active this thread is. Looking forward to our first RW this year. We're a big group coming from the U.K.

We aimed to buy 5 x 4 man Hive Tent packages but after buying the  first, they sold out! Nightmare. We're now stuck with one! Would anyone be interested in purchasing? Or could anyone point me in the direction of the best place to sell? Ticketmaster and Festival want nothing to do with refunding us. Shame as we just got unlucky!

Really would appreciate any help on this. Cheers.