Don't leave if for the festival if you have not already done so!!!!

Heartbreaker

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comments by M Eavis on radio stating that problems are due to people turning up early despite warnings not too, it doesn't take too much to realise that the roads into the site aren't really up to the large numbers in one go, .. so maybe there needs to be a plan to stagger entry (if the problem really is large numbers arriving at once) and maybe as has been widely stated this morning but not actually true actually no entertainment,  limited stalls open etc to make coming early less attractive? 

Just putting it out there as it's obviously caused lots of problems this year, including real issues for people living in the locality....it will be interesting to see how the festival responds to the problems this year.

yes I am aware the weather has thrown a curve ball this year we have had exceptional rainfall but wouldn't it be much better for all to maybe have a specific arrival day allocated with ticket purchase, if nothing was going on no one would miss out..I suppose the risk is people would still arrive early and have no where to park up.

Just thinking out loud really.

12 minutes ago, RickW said:

... wouldn't it be much better for all to maybe have a specific arrival day allocated with ticket purchase, if nothing was going on no one would miss out..I suppose the risk is people would still arrive early and have no where to park up ...

I'd suggest (for the campervans at least) that the fields were filled back to the front. That way the early arrivals would be at the back, discouraging people trying to get here so early.  Another alternative might be a holding pen, such as a field beyond the parking to put early arrivals in until opening. Both these would help I think.

Big, as in really really big, increase in number of coach ticket sales could be the future. This could tie in with an increase in pre pitched tents.

If the licence is already dependent on the current number of coach tickets, an increase announced by the festival could be seen as a proactive move by locals and the council.