ticket offer...to risk it or not?

Mme Chevalier

my friend has been offered a last minute ticket by someone who can't go - looks not too dissimilar but would be a bit of a risk.  We are staying in campervan so tickets will be shown a fair bit for pass out etc.  What are thoughts on how stringent the check is? Worth risking it for a biscuit or not? I wouldn't want them to come all the way down with us and then not get in!

Can't he pay for the ticket when he gets back. The person selling the ticket is going to lose £200 anyway if they can't sell it on. Or maybe pay half up front and half on getting back. That way they both lose a little if he does not get back in, but it would minimise the risk a bit.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Can't he pay for the ticket when he gets back. The person selling the ticket is going to lose £200 anyway if they can't sell it on. Or maybe pay half up front and half on getting back. That way they both lose a little if he does not get back in, but it would minimise the risk a bit.

great idea - will suggest that... 

18 minutes ago, Mme Chevalier said:

my friend has been offered a last minute ticket by someone who can't go - looks not too dissimilar but would be a bit of a risk.  We are staying in campervan so tickets will be shown a fair bit for pass out etc.  What are thoughts on how stringent the check is? Worth risking it for a biscuit or not? I wouldn't want them to come all the way down with us and then not get in!

My mates done it, he's a 6ft 5 scouser and the ticket he had was a little Chinese guys. One of the stewards questioned it so he grabbed it back off them. The next person just let him in. Suppose it's who you get but if looks are similar and they have the chance to borrow some ID of the seller for added umpf think you shouldn't have a problem. 

1 hour ago, Mme Chevalier said:

If they borrow an ID and maybe a card or two then they'll be fine if they look similar enough. Go for it!

1 hour ago, upshitcreek said:

My mates done it, he's a 6ft 5 scouser and the ticket he had was a little Chinese guys. One of the stewards questioned it so he grabbed it back off them. The next person just let him in. Suppose it's who you get but if looks are similar and they have the chance to borrow some ID of the seller for added umpf think you shouldn't have a problem. 

Ha that is classic and a great glastonbury tale to tell :)  - I am trying to convince him to get it tonight as a bigger chancer may go for it....fingers crossed

a chance to get into Glastonbury at this late stage !  thats an easy decision! , i had some keener than others on the gates last year but its gotta be worth a go especially if you look similar!, our groups photos are 6 years old and not really a good likeness ,had a few second glances at the gates but i think you'll be fine ! good luck! 

I guess it depends on how eager he or she wants to go. It's a big decision for them - do they go or do they get left behind? Personally I've never wanted to go so much that I'd risk going all the way down there and not getting in. But then, I'm a devout coward and haven't had that kind of pressure placed on me. Deep down though, I hope that your friend does take the plunge and goes for it and gets away with it.