Tickets sent to friends lost in post

LuluC

In response to the press comments (I work in marketing for a charity so write multiple press releases as week):

I'd be very surprised if the press covered the story. Mainly because it's not uncommon for post to be lost so it's not really a shocking story with a hook to make people want to read it. This forum understands the awfulness of the situation but Joe Bloggs from a local village won't.

Also worth noting that papers have a deadline. Our local papers come out every Friday and our deadline for press releases is end of play Tuesday. If I wanted to get something in this week's paper then I'd have no hope now. Even the paid ads are sold out a couple of weeks in advance. 

I'm not saying don't do it.. More advising that it may not be the best avenue to focus your energy and time on.

Just my two cents for what it's worth. 

13 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

I have this weird feeling that your lost tickets will end up being found by RM. Been following your story and have so felt for you. Fingers and toes crossed there is a happy ending xx

Aw thank you :-) Need to turn up by Tuesday, set off Wednesday...

Been also following this thread. I really hope you get somewhere over the next few days. 

I personally would begin to ramp up the twitter campaign and  extend it to Facebook etc and also begin to copy in all Glastonburys sponsors,  like EE, BBC etc etc,  you never know where this might get you. Also at this stage there might be a few hospitality tickets allocated to some of these sponsors that might find their way to you if you tug the right heart strings. 

Best of luck  anyway

2 hours ago, Uncle Traveling Matt said:

Been also following this thread. I really hope you get somewhere over the next few days. 

I personally would begin to ramp up the twitter campaign and  extend it to Facebook etc and also begin to copy in all Glastonburys sponsors,  like EE, BBC etc etc,  you never know where this might get you. Also at this stage there might be a few hospitality tickets allocated to some of these sponsors that might find their way to you if you tug the right heart strings. 

Best of luck  anyway

Have tweeted again just now. Included Glasto bbc & ee! Losing hope every day now :-(

13 hours ago, LuluC said:

Have tweeted again just now. Included Glasto bbc & ee! Losing hope every day now :-(

Gather all evidence and then arrive with your friends and present yourselves with your story, be prepared for your friends to answer lots of questions, sure they will let you all in 

good luck 

3 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Gather all evidence and then arrive with your friends and present yourselves with your story, be prepared for your friends to answer lots of questions, sure they will let you all in 

good luck 

Got loads of proof thankfully so fingers crossed. Royal Mail being a bit more helpful after my tweet 2day :-)

2 hours ago, LuluC said:

Got loads of proof thankfully so fingers crossed. Royal Mail being a bit more helpful after my tweet 2day :-)

Great stuff , don't give up , keep going , check every hour or so, they have to be sone where. I am quite sure you will get in and have the best festival ever 

Latest Update

============

Had email from Royal Mail's CEO office yesterday. They have requested some details and are going to investigate. Fingers crossed! If they don't find the envelopes at least it is more proof to take with us & shows that RM are taking the matter seriously!

23 minutes ago, LuluC said:

Latest Update

============

Had email from Royal Mail's CEO office yesterday. They have requested some details and are going to investigate. Fingers crossed! If they don't find the envelopes at least it is more proof to take with us & shows that RM are taking the matter seriously!

This is good news. There is still time for the tickets to turn up. Keeping everything crossed for good news for you today X X X

12 hours ago, LuluC said:

Latest Update

============

That's great news, and about time!  Sometimes it takes someone with a bit of authority to make things happen (it shouldn't but that's life)  And even if the tickets don't turn up with all this proof I think you stand a great chance at the gate.  You must let us know how you get on, lots of people are rooting for you xxx

2 hours ago, sabre-toothed tart said:

That's great news, and about time!  Sometimes it takes someone with a bit of authority to make things happen (it shouldn't but that's life)  And even if the tickets don't turn up with all this proof I think you stand a great chance at the gate.  You must let us know how you get on, lots of people are rooting for you xxx

Of course I will. Fingers crossed for the gate. Of course, I will update here to let you all know how it goes