Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well yeah the whole poster was obviously not coming now. We never get that until into the Summer do we? Could still get the main announcement, though. The one we've got at the end of February recently.

I reckon we'll either get the main announcement first then the poster, or the headliners with a couple of other big acts first, then the main announcement, then the poster.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well yeah the whole poster was obviously not coming now. We never get that until into the Summer do we? Could still get the main announcement, though. The one we've got at the end of February recently.

Maybe something similar with download 3 headliners on monday wednesday friday then more acts a month later 

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Usually get a poster end of March with most of the bands on there.

As I said earlier in the thread, if its the 4 we think Paramores tour would be over just before the last week of Jan.....

Yeah I know but he was using "first 2018 announcement" to say we're not getting the full lineup. We obviously weren't going to be getting the whole, complete lineup now, so obviously this isn't going to be the only 2018 announcement.

Just now, R Shah said:

Maybe something similar with download 3 headliners on monday wednesday friday then more acts a month later 

I doubt they're going to completely copy their announcement technique, and I very highly doubt we're not gonna get any acts except the headliners this month. I think we'll get all the headliners maybe barring one and a big bunch of other acts, all in one announcement.

I'm guessing we get this:

- Last week of Jan: all the headliners (in one go or on separate days ala Download)

- Last week of Feb: Lot's of the bigger acts (stage headliners, subs and thirds main etc.) + Day Splits + Day Tickets

- First Week of April: Poster (back on track with previous years)

- June: Full Poster

- August: Alternative Stage + Jack Rocks/Relentless Stage etc.

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Not wanting to taunt twitter too much but didnt someone also say that Arctic Monkeys were releasing their touring plans at the end of this month too??? Seems like a bit of a suspicious coincidence (inb4 it's AM/Foos/Kendrizzle)

I think if AM and Foos are there then it's more likely to be RB/Paramore than Kendrick tbh. They'd be mad not to book RB and doubt they'd be a sub. I'd way prefer Kendrick but idk seems an overly ambitious set of headliners compared to recent years.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Not wanting to taunt twitter too much but didnt someone also say that Arctic Monkeys were releasing their touring plans at the end of this month too??? Seems like a bit of a suspicious coincidence (inb4 it's AM/Foos/Kendrizzle)

Neil said he's heard information that AM won't be at R&L. Could be wrong though.

Just now, Jayvk said:

I think if AM and Foos are there then it's more likely to be RB/Paramore than Kendrick tbh. They'd be mad not to book RB and doubt they'd be a sub. I'd way prefer Kendrick but idk seems an overly ambitious set of headliners compared to recent years.

TBH I highly doubt it will be AM & Foos (and tbh it'd probs be cheaper for them just to go with Kendrick at that point anyway with then a shitty undercard). Just thought it was funny that the announcements seem to be lining up even though R&L makes no sense for them

Just now, Mattymooz said:

TBH I highly doubt it will be AM & Foos (and tbh it'd probs be cheaper for them just to go with Kendrick at that point anyway with then a shitty undercard). Just thought it was funny that the announcements seem to be lining up even though R&L makes no sense for them

Haha yeah true fair enough.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Omg if Arctics announce their comeback on the day that Reading essentially rule them out (by announcing all their headliners) the tears will be delicious.

It's amazing how loud the AM fanboys are on twitter. They act as if it's impossible for the festival to go ahead for 3 years without them headlining.

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It's amazing how loud the AM fanboys are on twitter. They act as if it's impossible for the festival to go ahead for 3 years without them headlining.

It's to the extent that they are certain of it, saw one saying :

"pretends to be surprised when they announce Arctic Monkeys". 

Think you may be surprised in a very different way.

Edited by Jack w

1 minute ago, Jack w said:

It's to the extent that they are certain of it, saw one saying :

"pretends to be surprised when they announced Arctic Monkeys". 

Think you may be surprised in a very different way.

well, for this summer they're an obvious bet if they'll be doing other festivals ... so perhaps the screams of outrage (if they're not doing r/l) will be sort-of justified this time.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Omg if Arctics announce their comeback on the day that Reading essentially rule them out (by announcing all their headliners) the tears will be delicious.

They'll all just be convinced that R&L don't wanna announce them at the same time as everyone else and that they're gonna slot in above Kendrick Lamar.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They'll all just be convinced that R&L don't wanna announce them at the same time as everyone else and that they're gonna slot in above Kendrick Lamar.

Oh yeah remember TRNSMT last year where Kasabian had been scheduled to finish 50 minutes before Radoohead did the night before and a rumour went round that Arctic Monkeys were doing a secret set after they’d finished? Bet they release the poster and all the replies would be like “what day do I need to but to see secret AM set???”

Edited by dentalplan