Just now, Dan Wilcox said:

For the record, I'm hoping my info's wrong as much as anyone. Most people seem to doubt AM will be there, and Foos makes sense in terms of "festival math" and Royal Blood too, but as others have said, any combination of Foos/AM/RB/KL would be the strongest set of headliners for a long, long time, hence I'm assuming it won't be anywhere near that good. It rarely is. 

Idk, I'd say Royal Blood, Kendrick, Foos/AM is slightly weaker (in terms of size of acts) than Kasabian, Eminem, Muse from last year. Royal Blood haven't really got the credentials to be seen as a massive headliner yet, which is why many are predicting them to coheadline.

If you're talking about strongest headliners in terms of quality then I'd agree, any combination of those 4 will be much better than anything in recent history.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Unless you ain't far and you can get two day tickets. Not really considering shelling out for any other potentials though.

True, I’m so close to Reading tbf I could easily do two days. Fuck that tho 

1 minute ago, Bisque said:

Imagine your opinion being KoL! Not saying it won't happen but wanting them is another thing

Not what I'd want from a 2018 Reading headliner, but it'd be better than the likes of Imagine Dragons and other suggestions.

1 minute ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Not what I'd want from a 2018 Reading headliner, but it'd be better than the likes of Imagine Dragons and other suggestions.

Fair play. What were the other suggestions? I know some people mentioned 21 Pilots as subs which is ridiculous, they are shit

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Idk, I'd say Royal Blood, Kendrick, Foos/AM is slightly weaker (in terms of size of acts) than Kasabian, Eminem, Muse from last year. Royal Blood haven't really got the credentials to be seen as a massive headliner yet, which is why many are predicting them to coheadline.

If you're talking about strongest headliners in terms of quality then I'd agree, any combination of those 4 will be much better than anything in recent history.

Certainly quality.

Size of acts? Kendrick's probably the biggest name in his genre right now (certainly top 2), Foos are still one of the biggest rock bands in the world. Arctic Monkeys one of the best bookings any UK festival could make. And I'd view Royal Blood as a strong booking on the basis that they're a new British band still on the rise and will (probably) go on to greater things. 

imagine trying to trick people into believing your poster and then putting that top 2 on Sunday and it still working

1 minute ago, campspeng said:

Found on twitter 

leeds18.jpg

Fake, Frank Turner would never be announced without the sleeping souls. I also don’t think he’s big enough to sub, even though I do like him a lot and think he’s an underrated live act. I like Noel headlining but really don’t think he’s popular enough. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bisque said:

It won't happen but Friendly Fires wouldn't look out of place on a line up.

Really want to see them there. I think they're doing he Saturday at Victorious, so certainly around (same weekend).

2 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Fair play. What were the other suggestions? I know some people mentioned 21 Pilots as subs which is ridiculous, they are shit

You aren’t wrong about them being shit, but they’re being heavily tipped to headline next year along with The 1975 

Just now, danz026 said:

Fake, Frank Turner would never be announced without the sleeping souls. I also don’t think he’s big enough to sub, even though I do like him a lot and think he’s an underrated live act. I like Noel headlining but really don’t think he’s popular enough. 

Noel headlining Tramlines and Leeds in the same run would be hilarious.

Just now, Dan Wilcox said:

Certainly quality.

Size of acts? Kendrick's probably the biggest name in his genre right now (certainly top 2), Foos are still one of the biggest rock bands in the world. Arctic Monkeys one of the best bookings any UK festival could make. And I'd view Royal Blood as a strong booking on the basis that they're a new British band still on the rise and will (probably) go on to greater things. 

I'd agree that a combination of AM/Foos/Kendrick would be the strongest they've had in aaaaages, but that clearly ain't happening. I was talking about Royal Blood being included in the combination, and although I'd agree that they're fresh and on the rise, I'm not sure them being one of the three would make the lineup stronger in terms of headliners than last year.

Just now, danz026 said:

He's often leaked his apprearaces at R&L by accident, I remember him on Danny's Wallace's XFM show.

Not a Sub though

6 minutes ago, campspeng said:

Found on twitter 

leeds18.jpg

Aren't Shikari confirmed for JUST 2000 Trees this year? Said they would only be doing the one.

6 minutes ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

Wow, what a virgin 

Aw bless. I've not heard this used as an insult since I distanced myself from the remedial kids in year 7. #ThrowbackTuesday 

1 minute ago, Bisque said:

He's often leaked his apprearaces at R&L by accident, I remember him on Danny's Wallace's XFM show.

Not a Sub though

He’ll be on the lineup almost certainly. Think 2017 was his first time off in a decade, and he has a new album out. Wouldn’t even shock me if he does a set with the sleeping souls and another one with Mongol Horde. But not a sub and probably not even third down. 

Just now, Hawky said:

Aw bless. I've not heard this used as an insult since I distanced myself from the remedial kids in year 7. #ThrowbackTuesday 

Cool story bro 

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

You aren’t wrong about them being shit, but they’re being heavily tipped to headline next year along with The 1975 

We walked away from them at Leeds after 10 minutes & saw Foals instead (I saw them at Glasto so was being lazy)

Just now, SemiSweet said:

Aren't Shikari confirmed for JUST 2000 Trees this year? Said they would only be doing the one.

They've been announced for Boomtown so I'd take what Rob said with a pinch of salt, could be that 2000 Trees is the only headline performance of the year in the UK.