eastynh

Blue Dot Festival

5 minutes ago, croiz said:

Crazy P Vs Vessels ūüėě nooooooooo

That is slightly annoying but at least you can catch 45 mins of crazy p before vessels. Not sure why they’ve been given 1hr 10m anyway, headliners are only getting 90min!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply's @Flaminglippy and @Memory Man

Ahhh good shouldnt have any problems then! Yeah im very discreet about it anyway so will be ok here also! 

Cant wait, very much looking forward to getting there and setting up camp for the weekend. Its also part of my best mates stag doo so will be a laugh! 

Thanks for the suggestions, will checkca few of these out! 

Can you take bottles of water into the arena?

Edited by leighavfc

Does anybody know the deal with showers?

I think it's pretty dispicable they are charging an extra £30 for these.... Is it actually worth it? Could a couple get away with having one pass somehow?

Are there no cold communial showers at all?

Any local lesiure centres you could sneak too for a quick shower?

5 hours ago, chestwig said:

Does anybody know the deal with showers?

I think it's pretty dispicable they are charging an extra £30 for these.... Is it actually worth it? Could a couple get away with having one pass somehow?

Are there no cold communial showers at all?

Any local lesiure centres you could sneak too for a quick shower?

the only showers are the ones you pay for it seems, which includes posh loos and beauty area (hairdryers, straighteners etc.) They have done day charges before and they might do this on the day if you ask but it was still pricey at £10 a day... Think Boutique and/or accessible camping have access to showers as well.

Jodrell Bank isn't really that close to much, there is a village near by but still a bit of a walk - I bring a washing up bowl for cleaning myself usually and obviously have the wet wipes :) 

showers are not a standard festival offering, you should expect to pay in my opinion. we are going to do the hot tub on sunday so will get a shower as part of that but as its only a friday to sunday event you'd only be going 2 days without one anyway if you don't pay.

(well you might be going thursday but i cant imagine take up for that has been very large)

Yes, they give you an extra wristband, so you cant transfer it between people. And you can buy them when you get there, so you might want to see how you get on after a day or two. My missus has always bought one at Bluedot, but me and the boys weren't bothered about it. The toilets were OK last year and there are taps around when you need to freshen up.

Apparently this is rushing up to meet us this week, and I feel totally unprepared! Er......

Does anyone know if they take contactless/ card behind the bars? 

And speaking of which are the bars any good or is it a 45 minute wait every time you want a drink?!? 

Cheers¬†ūüćĽ

2 hours ago, robskyd said:

And speaking of which are the bars any good or is it a 45 minute wait every time you want a drink?!? 

Cheers¬†ūüćĽ

Bars are pretty decent. The bar I found to be the best was the one facing the main stage, close to the nebula stage.

4 hours ago, robskyd said:

Cheers¬†ūüćĽ

I think most bars do contactless and queues didn't seem too bad, probably the worst ones are in the real ale tent but nothing like 45 mins. Was quieter last year, but 1st year I think the longest I waited was 10-15mins.

Food on the other hand (at peak times only) can be busier, so try to think in advance what you want and try to grab something out of peak - which was bet 5.30-8pm (from what I could see)

Have fun, as I can't wait :) 

Acid mother temple - vessels - george fitzgerald - slowdrive - orb

That is an unbeatable run of marvellousness

Shame about Numan and Lamb, though

And can anyone tip me off when Dawkins is on - I can't see him on the Clashfinder but that doesn't mean he isn't there

bar ques were pretty fast i dont recall waiting long, and yes you can pay on card. no issues there at all.

food ques vary from non existent to a fair wait, but by sunday people have figured out whats good and whats not so any ques by then will be for the good shit. The food is actually listed on the website and sounds better than last year including some scottish street food stuff that sounds absolutely bangin. Many stalls you will recognise from other fests if you go to a few. Chic Kebabs were amazing last year.

https://www.discoverthebluedot.com/stage/the-g'astronomy-village

4 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

can anyone tip me off when Dawkins is on - I can't see him on the Clashfinder but that doesn't mean he isn't there

Sat 3pm mission control. I recommend you get the app as the clashfinder doesnt have everything. Clashfinder covers all the music and most of the comedy but misses the talks as if you sat there and typed them all in you'd be there all day.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Sat 3pm mission control. I recommend you get the app as the clashfinder doesnt have everything. Clashfinder covers all the music and most of the comedy but misses the talks as if you sat there and typed them all in you'd be there all day.

Cheers mate - much appreciated