Swedish Log Candles

Sawdusty surfer

22 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Fractured scaphoid, fractured ulna styloid, fractured triquetrum and chipped distal radius. Not ideal and severe tennis elbow in the other arm but still smiling and positive. 

Having said that Glastonbury could be a challenge, in plaster until mid July :)

On a positive note a couple of days ago I was able to put my socks on and do up my jeans and belt unaided. Interesting times.

Do we all need to come and help you on site? I mean, with the shop side of things, not the doing up jeans! 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Do we all need to come and help you on site? I mean, with the shop side of things, not the doing up jeans! 

Awww thanks for that!  TBH don't really consider ourselves to have a shop at the festival. We get paid marginally more than bugger all to be there but do get a lovely spot and a bunch of tickets for our family and friends. We do it because we love it. We always try to sell some stuff to offset our expenses but never consider it to be 'an earner'  I work year round making and selling woody stuff. Glastonbury is my favourite holiday so fun is always the priority.Looks like this year I'm going to be selling nothing there due to injury....I really won't have anything to sell. Not ideal but even more party time. :)

Massively appreciate your offer of help though,what a lovely thought. Please drop by for a drink though. xxx

Quite looking forward to the build. I'll be delegating like never before. 

On 5/6/2016 at 11:14 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Awww thanks for that!  TBH don't really consider ourselves to have a shop at the festival. We get paid marginally more than bugger all to be there but do get a lovely spot and a bunch of tickets for our family and friends. We do it because we love it. We always try to sell some stuff to offset our expenses but never consider it to be 'an earner'  I work year round making and selling woody stuff. Glastonbury is my favourite holiday so fun is always the priority.Looks like this year I'm going to be selling nothing there due to injury....I really won't have anything to sell. Not ideal but even more party time. :)

Massively appreciate your offer of help though,what a lovely thought. Please drop by for a drink though. xxx

That's ok! I know you're a regular fixture at the festival and I always enjoy having a look at what you've been making :) I just wondered if you'd need a hand for a couple of hours on the wed/thurs maybe, I'm not sure doing what but thought I'd offer! 

I will drop by, thanks, be lovely to see you xxx

On 06/05/2016 at 11:14 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Hey old son I really hope you get back to some normality soon ...sending our get well vibes your way  wish I where in early to help in some way ( I know there'll be people there for you ) I'll pop down with some grog Gx

7 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Hey old son I really hope you get back to some normality soon ...sending our get well vibes your way  wish I where in early to help in some way ( I know there'll be people there for you ) I'll pop down with some grog Gx

Cheers... one arm broken, other elbow v poor and now right shin u/s. Down to one working limb.

Hey ho.. at least I can still kick my piss taking mates, :)

On 13/05/2016 at 8:55 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Cheers... one arm broken, other elbow v poor and now right shin u/s. Down to one working limb.

Hey ho.. at least I can still kick my piss taking mates, :)

You take it easy from now till the festi old son.  ....big love to ya 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sawdusty, I hope your injuries are healing and you are able to enjoy the festival despite it all. I was on crutches a couple of summers ago and it was a good excuse to sit back and supervise :lol:  although I did get completely fed up not being able to get things done, very frustrating ! and getting in and out of the van on crutches was a right rigmorole :(

As we are now just a couple of weeks from Glastonbury I just wanted to check that you are still not expecting to sell candles this year ?

On 5/6/2016 at 11:14 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I would love to work all year round making Woody stuff.

which field are you set up in again mate? I will pop round for a chat and to purchase a burning thingy

Sorry folks, but I'm not going to be selling any Log Candles this year.

My arm is still in plaster so I've been able to do bugger all wood working for the last eight weeks. Thankfully the hole in my shin is starting to look much better. Not so for the not broken arm which has tennis elbow. Never played the damn game in my life.

On a positive note, at least I'll be able to make the festival. 

I've been spending my time very slowly getting a rare 1956 4x4 lorry into a reasonable state.

Again, so sorry about the Log Candles. Just had a look at the ones that Tesco Direct are selling. I shall refrain from commenting. 

J

such a pity @Sawdusty Surfer that your still not back in the game, but as you say at least you are able to attend the festival.

Also a pity about the log candles, but when you said you had injuries, I went and made two for myself from a pine tree that had been cut in my dads last summer.

I then stuck it into his green house to try and dry it out suitably. So hopefully it will be dry enough to burn as well as yours!

3 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

My arm is still in plaster so I've been able to do bugger all wood working for the last eight weeks. Thankfully the hole in my shin is starting to look much better. Not so for the not broken arm which has tennis elbow. Never played the damn game in my life.

I've been spending my time very slowly getting a rare 1956 4x4 lorry into a reasonable state.

Again, so sorry about the Log Candles. Just had a look at the ones that Tesco Direct are selling. I shall refrain from commenting. 

J

Im just pleased you're on the mend Sir.

Hopefully you have one or two floating around to still be able to wear one on your head?

5 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

J

You'll be there and that's the main thing! :)

5 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

J

Hopefully you'll be fully mended soon mate. Look on the bright side... tennis elbow has got to be better than rugby balls!! :D