I filed for divore today.

Karll

Give up Glasto?  So you can self-flagellate forever over how she ruined it for you and reminisce about happy times long gone every damn June?  No, no, no, come down off the cross, dear man.  By all means mope a bit over the winter then get your act together for the resale.  It's time for Karll v2 to get out there.  Maybe get a volunteer post and do the festival differently to your usual (or vice versa).  Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, you silly sod.

Hi mate,

First of all, goes without saying – very sad to hear your news, I hope you’re okay.

Just wanted to say that I went through something very similar last year, as I split up with my (now ex) wife SIX days before Glastonbury under much worse circumstances. We'd been together 18 years. I, however, didn’t consider not going for a second, even though we’d been to every Glasto since ’98 together (I’d been previous to that but, you know, I’m better than her).

It was tough last year at times – but Glastonbury always is and I had a great time with my friends and saw one of the greatest shows I’ve ever seen there (Arcade Fire). Same this year with the Chemical Brothers. My ex hasn’t been back since because she seems to want to sit around feeling sorry for herself and not moving on (as much as I understand from what people seem to tell me for no reason!).

Two bits of advice:

I heard a really good piece of advice from Rob Delaney, the stand-up who wrote and stars in Catastrophe. He was talking about his addiction issues, but what he said was ‘sometimes you have to fake it to make it’. Basically, I haven’t taken a single day off work since that whole shitstorm kicked off – so even if you don’t feel up to it, you have to get up and out and face the world (so that would include things like Glasto).

Also, the world has changed a lot since you last dated. The internet means it’s ridiculously easy to get a date/girlfriend/bit of Blimey Charlie if you’re after any of those things. You just have to get up and get on with it as best you can.

Sorry, that was a bit longer than I intended it to be! Good luck with it all…

22 hours ago, Homer said:

Also, the world has changed a lot since you last dated. The internet means it’s ridiculously easy to get a date/girlfriend/bit of Blimey Charlie if you’re after any of those things. You just have to get up and get on with it as best you can.

The girl you were with at Hot Chip was from Tinder?

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My son in law used a dating app. His brief description read 'Total misogynist would like to meet woman to toss salad with'. One woman from Wolverhampton actually replied and the two of them ended up having a one night stand that very night.

Hang on, was he your son in law at that point? In that case, he has a very understanding wife!

4 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Hang on, was he your son in law at that point? In that case, he has a very understanding wife!

Have I got it wrong? He is my wife's son. Doesn't that make him my son in law? Oh no I've got it now - I'm suppossed to say he's my stepson aren't I? Thanks for pointing that out carlos. I wonder how many times I've called him my son in law and given people the wrong impression? I've given in to my memory loss. I'm functioning more and more in the moment nowadays. I'm definitely not on the ball as much at work as I used to be because of it though. It really is a case of please don't ask me what I was doing 10 minutes ago when I'm at work. Maybe I'm just a little rusty at it. However, my inner self really thinks I've blown a major fuse. It's quite a funny thing to do to yourself, on reflection.

12 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Have I got it wrong? He is my wife's son. Doesn't that make him my son in law? Oh no I've got it now - I'm suppossed to say he's my stepson aren't I? Thanks for pointing that out carlos. I wonder how many times I've called him my son in law and given people the wrong impression? I've given in to my memory loss. I'm functioning more and more in the moment nowadays. I'm definitely not on the ball as much at work as I used to be because of it though. It really is a case of please don't ask me what I was doing 10 minutes ago when I'm at work. Maybe I'm just a little rusty at it. However, my inner self really thinks I've blown a major fuse. It's quite a funny thing to do to yourself, on reflection.

It's all fine, Yog, old chap.

Just imagine being Bill Wyman, who married Mandi Smith, whose mum married his - Bill Wyman's - son.

Omniheadfuckery.

9 minutes ago, Woffy said:

It's all fine, Yog, old chap.

Thanks Woffy

10 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Just imagine being Bill Wyman, who married Mandi Smith, whose mum married his - Bill Wyman's - son.

Did this really happen? I know the Bill Wyman / Mandi Smith thing, but don't know about the last bit?

12 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Omniheadfuckery.

It's truly mind blowing. As is mixing grass with black I hasten to add.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Yes it did. So Bill Wyman was in effect married to his own step granddaughter (or step daughter depending which way you draw the connection)

Or Mandi Smith was married to her step father. (Or her step grandfather) etc etc.

That's how black holes start*

*a fave phrase of mine I nicked off someone on here.

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Yes it did. So Bill Wyman was in effect married to his own step granddaughter (or step daughter depending which way you draw the connection)

Or Mandi Smith was married to her step father. (Or her step grandfather) etc etc.

Wow, that's mind bending stuff. All we need now is for Bill Wymans daughter (if he has one) to marry the old Mr Smith (Mandy's dad) and then the whole world will implode.

On 23/12/2015 at 1:36 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Wow, that's mind bending stuff. All we need now is for Bill Wymans daughter (if he has one) to marry the old Mr Smith (Mandy's dad) and then the whole world will implode.

As long as they don't step on the grass.

In with you there Karll...... I'm getting divorced too!!!! My soon to be ex husband decided that on they way to glasto last year 2015 that he didn't love me anymore and in his words 'I'm glad the IVF didn't work as it makes it easier for me to leave you'. This was said at the campsite in Wells that we were stopping at the day before gates opened.

totally out of the blue and no he wasn't pissed. Stone cold sober so basically I still went to glasto did my own thing and thought f**k him.......... He's not spoiling my festival.

date of decree nisi come through 22nd Jan and YES I am going this year with work mates as I won't let him ruin glasto!!!!!

On 02/01/2016 at 11:52 AM, rischbrit said:

In with you there Karll...... I'm getting divorced too!!!! My soon to be ex husband decided that on they way to glasto last year 2015 that he didn't love me anymore and in his words 'I'm glad the IVF didn't work as it makes it easier for me to leave you'. This was said at the campsite in Wells that we were stopping at the day before gates opened.

totally out of the blue and no he wasn't pissed. Stone cold sober so basically I still went to glasto did my own thing and thought f**k him.......... He's not spoiling my festival.

date of decree nisi come through 22nd Jan and YES I am going this year with work mates as I won't let him ruin glasto!!!!!

Wishing you a very happy Glastonbury 2016 rischbrit. And a happy 2016 in general come to think of it.