Oooh it's all new

Michaels denim shorts

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep, but on the 'unread content' page (http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/discover/unread/) it's moved with today's upgrade, and is no longer to the left of the whole item, but is now instead to the left of the topic title.

I'd forgotten about that page.  I never use it as I think it was counting as a search every time I loaded it, so when I was zipping in and out of topics, flood protection kicked in.

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd forgotten about that page.  I never use it as I think it was counting as a search every time I loaded it, so when I was zipping in and out of topics, flood protection kicked in.

Yeah, it does count as a search, and so is subject to flood control (which is 15 seconds, i think).

It works lovely for me on a desktop, as I load that page and then open topics into new browser tabs

On 14/10/2015, 01:55:06, eFestivals said:

as I said above, the old quotes should get sorted by the post-upgrade processing that's still going on.

I can't seem to loose the quote above as it's not really related... but wanted to flag I was getting a pop up asking if efestivals could give me notifications...

Screenshot_2015-11-09-19-05-01.png

Not been able to post anything from the moble site all day, when you click on the reply to topic post at the bottom, it only brings up the paper click to insert media, and doesn't allow to post any text. Also when push to quote a tweet, it does nothing at all. Wondering if it's just me 

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Not been able to post anything from the moble site all day, when you click on the reply to topic post at the bottom, it only brings up the paper click to insert media, and doesn't allow to post any text. Also when push to quote a tweet, it does nothing at all. Wondering if it's just me 

I guess its a caching problem in you browser. Try clearing the cache.

it's not as simple as blocking an ad, unless all ads are removed and efests goes bust and isn't here any more. That ad is being delivered surreptitiously via another ad, and it's almost impossible to track down. Every time someone raises the problem I raise it with the ad-house, and I'm reliant on them to track it down - which they haven't been able to do.

Just in case others haven't noticed it (I only saw it because I have a habit of randomly selecting text all the time) - I really like the select to quote feature that (I think?) came with the latest upgrade. Should make it a lot easier to quote selected parts without having to go edit.

14 hours ago, Leggins said:

Sorry if this has already been covered but can someone tell me how to report a post from the mobile skin please? I can't seem to find it anywhere since the upgrade and needed it for Mr Social Groups Over 30. Cheers.  

It's the little flag next to the time the post was made.

11 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Cheers Neil. I may be being a technological thicko - probably am I should say - but I've changed it to one email per week. Is there no way to turn those emails off altogether. 

Sorry I'm getting old now. 

You need to untick the first item "Send me news and information", I think.

I've gone into your account settings in the admin control panel (to check the differences between your settings and mine, so I could give you the right answer), and saw that was ticked, so have unticked it for you.

Now here's a thing, explain this one :)

On my phone, using android ap, if I quote a post, when I'm typing a responce if I type any word starting with an i the cursor jumps into the quote and make the i a capital I. When I then return to the response section, I can't delete anything I have already typed. This means whenever I quote, my response has erroneous capital 'I's. 

I can live with it, just thought it was interesting*. 

*I may be wrong.