Bestival 2016 Headliners?

jackarmy

1 minute ago, LondonTom said:

:lol:

Anyway seems no one is booked yet as Rob was trying get Prince and thought he close it :( ...So it seems there is a bit of a budget left!!

Maybe Muse? Glasto wouldn't have an exclusive on them this year, unless they are stopping the tour early/going be elsewhere

that would be sick, muse and the cure, two of my favorites, i was under the impression they were a glasto exclusive but I've seen a few people say that they're not, i don't know what to believe

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

:lol:

Anyway seems no one is booked yet as Rob was trying get Prince and thought he close it :( ...So it seems there is a bit of a budget left!!

Maybe Muse? Glasto wouldn't have an exclusive on them this year, unless they are stopping the tour early/going be elsewhere

I don't think that Prince thing is the case. His tribute does say that he's been trying to get him to play for years but I get the feeling it's more in a general way, rather than they were still waiting to see before last week.

I can't see Muse being someone they would try and get. Even with the thing last year, they were seemingly playing at Muse's offer and in a teatime special guest slot.

On 23/04/2016 at 7:00 PM, DirtyChorizo said:

that would be sick, muse and the cure, two of my favorites, i was under the impression they were a glasto exclusive but I've seen a few people say that they're not, i don't know what to believe

Glastonbury doesn't /hasn't put exclusives on their acts (they might only play glasto but its not a contractual thing) 

On 23/04/2016 at 8:05 PM, dentalplan said:

I can't see Muse being someone they would try and get. Even with the thing last year, they were seemingly playing at Muse's offer and in a teatime special guest slot.

Maybe but if are interested in playing, you might try and work something out even if you hadn't considered them before. 

Tell you what though, if Rob was telling the Telegraph the truth about this year, then that blows the idea of the Cure necessarily being the biggest headliner out of the water.  Bestival have still got $1million or more to play with for that final headliner!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know when we can expect the final headliner to be announced? Or just more of the undercard?

also is there any speculation of who the final headliner could be, reading through the pages doesn't seem like there's much of an idea

Well it sounds like they were so close to getting Prince that they've probably had to start from square one again, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get the final headliner until maybe late July.  But what do I know?

(Related to that, I see that Rob asked Matt "Dr" Fink, Prince's old keyboardist, to DM him on Twitter this morning. Hopefully he's trying to book the reunited Revolution for a Bestival slot.)

I reckon the full Spaceport lineup will be announced sometime this month.

5 hours ago, smogo said:

(Related to that, I see that Rob asked Matt "Dr" Fink, Prince's old keyboardist, to DM him on Twitter this morning. Hopefully he's trying to book the reunited Revolution for a Bestival slot.)

As good as that would be, I'd rather he booked the Time... or both & throw a full on Prince tribute in one of the tents with Rob doing his Purple Rave set to close it out. 

With regards to the last headliner, I guess if Prince was seriously a contender then there should be big money to splash out. In reality though, given Prince's reluctance to sign up for shows & his history of chopping & changing plans if Rob doesn't have a decent back up already lined up then he really only has himself to blame. 

Ahh, dream gone haha. I know Stone Roses probably aren't a 'bestival' act but someone just mentioned on the stone roses forum in the Glasto chat about the recently put up lemons being related to a festival announcement, could be BST I suppose

Yeah, I think Smogo is right. I've read elsewhere that they are likely to release a single this week.

It would be good if we got some sort of announcement this week though. Something I can get excited about! (The Chuckle Brothers don't really do it for me...)

Prepare to be underwhelmed! Well i hope not but on the strength of the Bestival and Camp Bestival line ups this year there needs to be a shake up in the booking of acts as so far the line ups for both are all a bit weak having the Chuckle brothers as a major anouncement last week says it all!  This is my 7th Bestival and i am hoping RDB and team will come out with some amazing acts. Having said that the other festival here on the island is also looking a bit shabby re artists. I went to Victorius in Southsea last years and for the price the line up was amazing but then that is a non camping festival so that reflects in the entry costs. Still Azalea Banks diary is probably a bit empty after her outbursts this week