Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think a lot of people will have voted for fatm in the survey they did if last year's feedback on her performance is anything to go by. 

Can't stand her screeching myself but people love her. 

Werchter has the most year on year repeat acts I've ever seen at a fest, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes it's a dud like flo. Ah well, I'll be having a great time somewhere else regardless 

When a band is a headliner , Rock Werchter says it with clear words. It makes two times that they don't use the word "headline" , and there's no answer when people ask the question. So it's highly probable that Rammstein and Florence are not headliners. Rammstein is probably coheadliner and Florence subheadliner. 

We could expect something like :

Editors/Gorillaz, Rammstein/The National, Pearl Jam/Snow Patrol, AC/DC(Radiohead?Foo Fighters?)/FATM

Not true. Lenny Kravitz last year and KoL in 2014, both were not called a headliner on the day of their announcement. Anyway, they only do coheadliner constructions when it's involving acts that might not be able to carry a day on their own (Blur, Depeche Mode, Editors). So acts like Rammstein, Foos or Pearl Jam will never be involved in real coheadliner constructions (meaning both acts having equally long slots).

Florence has achived headline status in Belgium though. And like someone mentioned here earlier: I wouldn't be surprised if she was the highest scoring available act in the recent survey. If she's a coheadliner, it's with someone like Editors or The National.

Edited by Dietediet

Beautiful answer ! ERRATUM : The Stone Roses are doing at least one date (probably Finnsbury) and are going to announce something soon. Probably an european tour. Maybe a new album. They have registered a touring company.

http://www.tenementtv.com/news/the-stone-roses-register-new-touring-company/

Edited by Tremousse

Thank god, I wouldn't be impressed with The Stone Roses as a headliner. I don't know what to expect after announcing Florence on friday but hoping for something better.

Hoping to see Foo Fighters, Green Day, Coldplay, Editors or Pearl Jam amongst the headliners. And RHCP for the girlfriend even though I know they're terrible live, it's one to tick off her list.

Others which would make my festival cracking: Tame Impala, Foals, Bloc Party, All Time Low, Bring Me The Horizon, Slaves, The Offspring, NOFX, The Hives, Stereophonics, Weezer, The Libertines & The Maccabees. Got to get a few of those surely!

Edited by foolee

What thetime is referring to is the Stone Roses reunion possibly being the worst headliner booking in Pukkelpop history, managing to draw merely 10-12k people in a festival with a capacity of over 50k. I don't think RW is even considering to give them a high spot, to be honest. 

That and they were total garbage.