Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

2 hours ago, kris0624 said:

Hey guys, despite going to Werchter in 2013 and 2015 my memory is a little hazy (little too much Jupiler). Is there a camping shop on site, to buy things like camping chairs?

My boot space is a bit tighter this year so may need to cut back what travels from England with us!

In 2013 they had so Im pretty sure they still do but keep in mind its not cheap.  You can always buy in Leuven whatever you need, not far away from the shuttle buses.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 06/06/2016 at 10:34 PM, e2p2 said:

In 2013 they had so Im pretty sure they still do but keep in mind its not cheap.  You can always buy in Leuven whatever you need, not far away from the shuttle buses.  

Thanks. Leuven will be a good idea actually. Hopefully will get everything in the car, but just in case!

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

I wasn't going but just bought tickets, hotel in Leuven and flight....my 8th RW in a row coming up :) Will be going to Paris on the Tuesday to see Muse....

Good to hear you've changed your mind! I hope you'll have a blast despite PJ no show.. 

I guess you're ready for some Pop music :P

Edited by e2p2

15 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Good to hear you've changed your mind! I hope you'll have a blast despite PJ no show.. 

I guess you're ready for some Pop music :P

Nah, I guess I'll be spending a lot of time at the bar :P 

14 hours ago, djd4 said:

Hi

I'm staying in Mechelen for the duration of the festival... is it going to be a pain getting to and from my hotel? Any advice? I don't mind getting a taxi at night.

We stayed in Mechelen in 2009 and it was pure HELL to find a taxi during the night....

On 9-6-2016 at 0:00 AM, djd4 said:

Hi

I'm staying in Mechelen for the duration of the festival... is it going to be a pain getting to and from my hotel? Any advice? I don't mind getting a taxi at night.

At daytime you can take the train Mechelen - Leuven and catch the shuttle in Leuven to the festival. That will be no problem.
Even Mechelen is only 20km from Werchter it will be hard to find a taxi at night. Try to catch a bike, it's gonna be faster :) All taxi companies are busy and full booked with reservations.

Edited by micvet

Hi, 
We're two French students and we're going to the festival the Friday 01/07 (the night of Rammstein) but we have a problem : We have hard time finding accomodation and the only solution is to sleep in Brussels or Louvain, but we don't know how we can reach theses places after the concert (no train, no bus, no offers of carshare ...).
Does anybody can help us ? Maybe someone who lives there can drives us to Brussels ? 
Do you think hitch-hiking after the festival can work to go to Brussels ?
Thanks very much.

14 minutes ago, Leo guschemann said:

Hi, 
We're two French students and we're going to the festival the Friday 01/07 (the night of Rammstein) but we have a problem : We have hard time finding accomodation and the only solution is to sleep in Brussels or Louvain, but we don't know how we can reach theses places after the concert (no train, no bus, no offers of carshare ...).
Does anybody can help us ? Maybe someone who lives there can drives us to Brussels ? 
Thanks very much.

I am almost sure that there are free shuttles running to Leuven every night after the concerts...

12 hours ago, Leo guschemann said:

Hi, 
Thanks very much.

Go for accommodation in Leuven. Use free shuttles to come & go whenever you want.  Service is running all day till way after the last show of the day. 

17 hours ago, Leo guschemann said:

Hi, 
Thanks very much.

Leuven = Louvain btw ;) so yes, there will be shuttles to go back to Louvain after Rammstein :)

17 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

For anybody traveling to/from Brussels, is the best option to stay warm at the station and get Leuven to Bruxelles-Nord train at 4:42am?
Can you just buy a return ticket on the day or is it best to buy in advance, thanks

I don't see another option.

Note that on Saturday and sunday the first train to Bxl is at 5:10 am, also I think the station is closed during the night, so you might have to wait outside.

There are tickets vending machines available 24/24, ticket offices open at 6am.

http://www.belgianrail.be/en/stations-and-train/search-a-station/4/leuven.aspx

On 6/9/2016 at 1:24 PM, Gossard said:

We stayed in Mechelen in 2009 and it was pure HELL to find a taxi during the night....

On 6/10/2016 at 5:26 PM, micvet said:

At daytime you can take the train Mechelen - Leuven and catch the shuttle in Leuven to the festival. That will be no problem.
Even Mechelen is only 20km from Werchter it will be hard to find a taxi at night. Try to catch a bike, it's gonna be faster :) All taxi companies are busy and full booked with reservations.

Ok thanks. I've switched to staying in Leuven.

Last month Belgium had terrible weather conditions with lots of rain. At the moment the state of the campsites is not good. Actually bad, very bad. Campsite B1 (+/- 6000 pers.) has turned into a pool and will not open. For another campsite with +/- 4000 places the organization will make a decision next Tuesday. The organization is also looking for other parking options.
Let's hope for better weather but it does not look good. Upcoming days: rain, rain and rain.
Topic on the Belgian news: http://nieuws.vtm.be/binnenland/195340-campings-rock-werchter-gevaar

14 hours ago, micvet said:

Last month Belgium had terrible weather conditions with lots of rain. At the moment the state of the campsites is not good. Actually bad, very bad. Campsite B1 (+/- 6000 pers.) has turned into a pool and will not open. For another campsite with +/- 4000 places the organization will make a decision next Tuesday. The organization is also looking for other parking options.
Let's hope for better weather but it does not look good. Upcoming days: rain, rain and rain.
Topic on the Belgian news: http://nieuws.vtm.be/binnenland/195340-campings-rock-werchter-gevaar

Not too bad the weather forecast for next week..finger crossed..

However I think "terrorism alert" is enough, we don't need also "weather alert" :):):) 

image.png

Radiohead played here in Iceland at the Secret Solstice festival yesterday and I must say I'm quite glad they're not playing Rock Werchter. What a dull live band and their post OK Computer stuff is beyond boring.....IMO :) http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2016/laugardalur-park-reykjavik-iceland-23fe74c7.html

Two weeks now until Rock Werchter, can't wait :) 

On 16-6-2016 at 10:25 AM, alan_ts said:

Not too bad the weather forecast for next week..finger crossed..

However I think "terrorism alert" is enough, we don't need also "weather alert" :):):) 

image.png

We can't trust this apps :)
Today: 16°C and rain, rain, heavy rain
Tomorrow: rain

On 6/18/2016 at 1:59 PM, Gossard said:

Radiohead played here in Iceland at the Secret Solstice festival yesterday and I must say I'm quite glad they're not playing Rock Werchter. What a dull live band and their post OK Computer stuff is beyond boring.....IMO :) http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2016/laugardalur-park-reykjavik-iceland-23fe74c7.html

Two weeks now until Rock Werchter, can't wait :) 

Having looked at that setlist I'd have loved to see them at RW.  For me that's just miles better than anything RW have booked.  Anyho, weather forecast improving for next week.  Hopefully as warm as last year.

The weather is rainy in Werchter...

Raindrops keep falling on our heads making this one of the wettest spring seasons ever in Belgium. Here’s a quick update for you:

The Festival Park and campings The Hive and The Hive Resort haven’t been heavily affected and are ready for next week’s festival fun and games. Some other campsites cannot be used, though rest assured we will have enough camping space to fulfil the demand.

However, due to the large amount of rain, we’ll have a shortage of parking space. We are looking into alternatives, more information will be confirmed as soon as possible. For your convenience, we do kindly advise you to use public transportation or to come by bicycle if possible. Many thanks in advance!