Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Everyone, hope you're all having an awesome day so far!

This will be my first time at a camp-out type music festival and first time in Belgium, so I have few questions. I'm staying in the hive, from the 30th-2nd (want to see Iggy on the 3rd, considering it).

- I am soloing the festival (and my travels), are there social opportunities during the festival, like activities and what have you meant to help meet other concert attendees?

- What types of things do you do between shows or during shows that you aren't as intersted in? 

- For a show that I am dying to see (RHCP), what is the best way to get myself as close as possible?

- Can I bring food into the festival? I noticed "no drinks" but didn't see a "no outside food" post on the webpage (could just be overlooking it, of course.)

- I'm planning on picking up some supplies in Leuven, but I noticed on the Werchter Dos/Donts page they don't allow camping tents "in the festival park"... does that mean only where the stages are located, or does that mean I can't bring in a tent to the hive either? And any other Do's and Dont's for someone new to the scene?

Thanks in advance, and hope you all enjoy the show!

Edited by JoeyTheClutter

1 hour ago, JoeyTheClutter said:

Hi Everyone, hope you're all having an awesome day so far!

This will be my first time at a camp-out type music festival and first time in Belgium, so I have few questions. I'm staying in the hive, from the 30th-2nd (want to see Iggy on the 3rd, considering it).

- I am soloing the festival (and my travels), are there social opportunities during the festival, like activities and what have you meant to help meet other concert attendees?

- What types of things do you do between shows or during shows that you aren't as intersted in? 

- For a show that I am dying to see (RHCP), what is the best way to get myself as close as possible?

- Can I bring food into the festival? I noticed "no drinks" but didn't see a "no outside food" post on the webpage (could just be overlooking it, of course.)

- I'm planning on picking up some supplies in Leuven, but I noticed on the Werchter Dos/Donts page they don't allow camping tents "in the festival park"... does that mean only where the stages are located, or does that mean I can't bring in a tent to the hive either? And any other Do's and Dont's for someone new to the scene?

Thanks in advance, and hope you all enjoy the show!

Hi Joey,
Welcome to Belgium!
To meet people, just talk. Most of the Belgians are friendly. We meet every year people from wherever ;)
There is always music on 1 or 2 of the 3 stages. If you don't like the bands at a certain time you can eat, get a drink, socialize, walk through the market or the Northwest walls, dance on the 'house of the bull', visit the foodtrucks,... Sleeping is not allowed ;)
The area in front of the stage is limited. There are gateways on the left and right side. For the headliners: be on time. Full = full.
You can bring your own food, no drinks.
The 'Festival park' and 'Camp zone' is a different area. The Hive is part of the Camp Zone and off course you can bring your tent to The Hive Camp zone. Not to the Festival Park. On the Festival Park the security and rules will be different as other years because of the recent terror alerts. But everything will be OK, no worries ;)

Enjoy RW!

1 hour ago, micvet said:

Hi Joey,
Welcome to Belgium!
To meet people, just talk. Most of the Belgians are friendly. We meet every year people from wherever ;)
There is always music on 1 or 2 of the 3 stages. If you don't like the bands at a certain time you can eat, get a drink, socialize, walk through the market or the Northwest walls, dance on the 'house of the bull', visit the foodtrucks,... Sleeping is not allowed ;)
The area in front of the stage is limited. There are gateways on the left and right side. For the headliners: be on time. Full = full.
You can bring your own food, no drinks.
The 'Festival park' and 'Camp zone' is a different area. The Hive is part of the Camp Zone and off course you can bring your tent to The Hive Camp zone. Not to the Festival Park. On the Festival Park the security and rules will be different as other years because of the recent terror alerts. But everything will be OK, no worries ;)

Enjoy RW!

Thank you very much micvet, all the answers I was looking for!

And I will socialize in that case, just didn't want to intrude on others who are there with their friends and groups. :) Thanks again, and hope you enjoy the fest!

http://festiweather.com/forecast.asp?eventname=Rock+Werchter+2016&eventID=759&event=Rock+Werchter+2016

I believe in Festiweather :D:D

A friend of mine that lives in Brussels says that the weather is always rainy but a little bit better than the past weeks....I'm afraid of the combo festival+rain after pkp2011. :( 

Hi everyone! 

so we're new to the festival and very excited :) 

a few questions - we want to stay at the Hive camping site and can't quite figure out how far is it from the festival park. Is it a walking distance? do they have shuttle buses to the campsite if it's not close by?

Also, how far is Leuven with the shuttle bus? do the shuttle bus go out all the time or will we have to wait a long time?

Thank you!!

Yes, the hive is with in walking distance. We stayed there last year and it took about 20 to 30 mins walk to the festival park. There are no shuttles from the hive to the festival as far as i know, besides the walk is not too bad, there are stalls along the way where you can grab a refreshment along the way. 

Regarding leuven i think it's about 20mins ride...the shuttles come and go often.., we never waited more than 10mins at a bus stop for one.

Correct. There are no shuttles from The Hive to the festival. Bussen can not pass because of the bunch of people.

Bad news: at the moment heavy thunderstorms and again lots of rain in Werchter area. I hope the remaining campsites do not get into trouble again. If this was a week later they would stop the festival because of the lightnings.

I've a question: because of the problem of the parking at werchter we think we'll leave the cars in leuven and then take the shuttle to the festival. My question is: is it the shuttle free or I need the free e-train ticket?

8 hours ago, alan_ts said:

I've a question: because of the problem of the parking at werchter we think we'll leave the cars in leuven and then take the shuttle to the festival. My question is: is it the shuttle free or I need the free e-train ticket?

Hi Alan,
Not a bad idea. Try to find a free parking in Leuven (not that easy).
You only need your festival ticket or wristband to take the shuttle.
Welcome in Belgium. Enjoy the festival!

Hey everyone!  Looking forward to the festival!  I'm staying in Amsterdam for a few days before hand, and heading down to RW on the first day.  Setting up in a backpackers in Leuven, and catching the shuttle.

Really looking forward to Rammstein, The Offspring, Chilli Peppers, Beck, and Iggy Pop.  

Can anyone give me a heads up on the smaller bands you're really excited about seeing?  Apart from those I named, there's not too many I recognize, and would like to listen to a few before the festival to get familiar.  Where to start?!

Flying to Europe from California tomorrow.  Excited!

58 minutes ago, NZ_Tim said:

Hey everyone!  Looking forward to the festival!  I'm staying in Amsterdam for a few days before hand, and heading down to RW on the first day.  Setting up in a backpackers in Leuven, and catching the shuttle.

Really looking forward to Rammstein, The Offspring, Chilli Peppers, Beck, and Iggy Pop.  

Can anyone give me a heads up on the smaller bands you're really excited about seeing?  Apart from those I named, there's not too many I recognize, and would like to listen to a few before the festival to get familiar.  Where to start?!

Hi Tim, I really looking forward to see The Last Shadow Puppets on Sunday. It's the lead singer of Arctic Monkeys with his mate Miles Kane. Back together after 8 years.
Enjoy the festival and our country!

11 hours ago, micvet said:

Hi Alan,
Not a bad idea. Try to find a free parking in Leuven (not that easy).
You only need your festival ticket or wristband to take the shuttle.
Welcome in Belgium. Enjoy the festival!

Thanks micvet!!!

It's always a pleasure come to Belgium and I think RW will be fantastic!!!

2 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Pretty sure they've been added to the banned list as part of increased security measures 

I also asked directly to RW and this is their answer:

Hi Andrea,

Yes, a gazebos is allowed at the campsite, if it's not larger than 3 by 3 metres.

GREAT :):) 

On 16 giugno 2016 at 10:20 PM, Hoof_hearted said:

Hi guys,

was wondering if it's going to be a problem now bringing in a bit of weed into the festival with these stricter security checks? Any ideas? Will we be ok lighting up on the festival grounds? How strict are the Belgians?

What do you think about (after the last announcement about security)?

On 24/6/2016 at 11:57 PM, NZ_Tim said:

Hey!

There are definitely a good number of bands worth your attention! Aside from other big (and great) names, like Paul McCartney, Editors, Disclosure, and Florence + the machine, your choice will depend a lot on the kind of music you like (as Werchter tends to have a good deal of diversity).

for me, i am really excited about some names ive been wanting to see for a long time: Foals (a must, to me), The Van Jets, Beck, Two Door Cinema Club, Tame Impala, Kaiser Chiefs, Flume and The Black Box Revelation.

Like you, i didnt know a good deal of the smaller bands, and after a couple months listeining to most of them, some really caught my attention and im really excited to see live:

The Struts (awesome, cant wait to see them)

Frightened Rabbit,  (absolutely loved them)

Jake Bugg (cool style, somewhat reminds me of Arctic Monkeys)

Jagwar Ma (also great style, slow music but quite catchy)

Bazart (they sing in dutch. but, even though i have no clue what theyre saying, the music is really great and in the end you dont mind not getting the lryics)

The Strypes (cool 80s style rock, quite nice)

Hope this helps!!

Cheers!

IMPORTANT:
TICKETSALES FOR CAMPSITES WILL CLOSE IN ABOUT 3 HOURS!
Because of the heavy rain some of the campings will not open. At the moment all camp sites will be +/- full with the online tickets. To avoid problems they will stop the camping ticket online sale this evening. You can't buy camping tickets anymore at the camping.
If you still have no campingticket, buy it now!

Parkings: only visitors with a camping ticket can use the parking. All other people have to find an alternative (train, bus, shuttle, bike,...).