Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very happy with the lineup overall. Pretty much full days on Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Saturday is weak but going to go have a couple of drinks at Oude Markt in Leuven and then coming back for Chilis will be a great day.

Booked ferries this morning too. I am very excited!

Now when the line up is complete its safe to say that this year is not a good Werchter lineup by Werchter standards.  I know people say that every year but I always felt that they have the best European lineup every year,  even when I was slightly disappointed but not this year. This year lacks... Gems. Excitement. 

I also know that despite all that,  any of us who will go there will have a great time. 

Edited by e2p2

42 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Now when the line up is complete its safe to say that this year is not a good Werchter lineup by Werchter standards.  I know people say that every year but I always felt that they have the best European lineup every year,  even when I was slightly disappointed but not this year. This year lacks... Gems. Excitement. 

I also know that despite all that,  any of us who will go there will have a great time. 

Totally agree.  

8 hours ago, Dietediet said:

There's no more obvious way to say "ticket sales are going good, we stop making effort" than those last 2 announcements.

Seriously, only 5 acts in KluB C on Saturday?

Do you have any info about the ticket sales beside that feeling? I still waiting for a friend to decide whether he'll join me and seriously doubting about it myself.

and yeah, what's the deal with only 5 acts on KluB C?

Edited by e2p2

51 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Do you have any info about the ticket sales beside that feeling? I still waiting for a friend to decide whether he'll join me and seriously doubting about it myself.

and yeah, what's the deal with only 5 acts on KluB C?

There's no news about it at all, no word from the organisation. I figure that it will be fully sold out at the end of June, but that you've still got at least a few weeks to decide. 

Rumour is going around that the 5 acts has to do with the Euro championship. In 2014 there was the whole hassle of Belgium playing the quarter finals during the festival, with no place to watch and SBTRKT eventually pulling out. If Belgium makes it to the quarter finals this year, they'll be playing either Saturday (if 1st in their group) or Friday (if 2nd). The assumption is that they're going for 'better safe than sorry', leaving a slot open and filling it with a Belgian act last minute if we fail to qualify. If we happen to play on Friday, they can easily move Puggy from Friday to Saturday to replace the gap.  

7 hours ago, Dietediet said:

There's no news about it at all, no word from the organisation. I figure that it will be fully sold out at the end of June, but that you've still got at least a few weeks to decide. 

Rumour is going around that the 5 acts has to do with the Euro championship. In 2014 there was the whole hassle of Belgium playing the quarter finals during the festival, with no place to watch and SBTRKT eventually pulling out. If Belgium makes it to the quarter finals this year, they'll be playing either Saturday (if 1st in their group) or Friday (if 2nd). The assumption is that they're going for 'better safe than sorry', leaving a slot open and filling it with a Belgian act last minute if we fail to qualify. If we happen to play on Friday, they can easily move Puggy from Friday to Saturday to replace the gap.  

Thanx! I just want them to update the tickets status,  as they do every year. The lack of official upsate made me feel like its not going well, but those last announcements show they're not bothered by it.

The football situation make sense. 

14 hours ago, Last Nights Hero said:

How accurate do you reckon this clash finder is? http:///s/rockwerchter16/?user=05vi0z.w1&

Trying to figure out clashes for each day, this one looks like a realistic representation to me but just checking.

It could be realistic I think, the only thing that can be wrong (as some of you said) is the klub c situation on Saturday (because of the football match)

15 hours ago, Last Nights Hero said:

How accurate do you reckon this clash finder is? http:///s/rockwerchter16/?user=05vi0z.w1&

Trying to figure out clashes for each day, this one looks like a realistic representation to me but just checking.

Its probably close enough as the running order is known but keep in mind that the KluB C headliner always starts after the Barn headliner is finished (unlike some nights in the clashfinder) and that usually the last acts arent starting at the exact same time. Also,  although usually the Barn and the KluB C have acts alternating, when they have some act that play a long set in a middle of the day (like this year silent movie,  if its 90 minutes as suggested) there may be an overlap with the other tent as it was with the Daptone Soul Revue in 2014.

6 minutes ago, Red Day said:

The Macca New Order clash is a pain.  And there's a long wait on Sunday between Beck and Skunk and nowt for me to watch in between

Looking at the clashfinder.....a lot of it looks like a lineup that shoud have been 2/3 years ago for a lot of it. That Friday of Kaisers Bugg Ellie I would have probably watch back in 2013/14.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Looking at the clashfinder.....a lot of it looks like a lineup that shoud have been 2/3 years ago for a lot of it. That Friday of Kaisers Bugg Ellie I would have probably watch back in 2013/14.

I wouldn't have watched those three 2/3 years ago and wouldn't now, but I get your drift ;)

5 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Oh well... for a festival with such a weak lineup, I find it quite annoying that McCartney and New Order (among their 3-4 best acts) clash with each other. Just seem very avoidable. 

I'd agree with you there.  You'd think someone who fancies seeing New order would most likely have a passing interest in Macca

17 hours ago, Last Nights Hero said:

Only thing is klub c almost never clashes because they're so close the sound would cross over 

After I have looked at Clashfinder's schedule, I have made an estimate of which bands that I will probably end up going to see. I can already see a trend of waking up with hangovers, go to the festival area and see some bands, then go back to the camp again, get pissed, and go to the festival area yet again. Which sounds good to me ;) 

• Thursday:  Kaiser Chiefs - Paul McCartne - Years & Years - Disclosure
  • Friday: Gary Clark Jr. - Bring Me The Horizon - The 1975 The Offspring - Puggy - Rammstein
  • Saterday: Kensington Band of Horses - Lost Frequencies Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Sunday: Bear’s Den - James Bay - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Jamie XX - Florence & the Machine

Those with Bold are must sees. Bands that I might see also: Jake Bugg, Gutterdämmerung, Flume, TDCC, Editors,  Iggy Pop, The Last Shaddow Puppets and Beck. 

I really hope that Parov Stelar does not clash with Rammstein.. 

Generally I am Okay Happy with the lineup. I could need a few more true must sees, but it is okay. 

Edited by Hyllebergxd