Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bullet For My Valentine plays at Graspop , so they are ruled out for Werchter.

In my opinion, Rammstein will coheadline with Editors the same day, and Red Hot Chili Peppers will play another day. It will let two other headliner places to take, I hope that Pearl Jam will take one, or Radiohead (if they finish their studio work in time), or Foo Fighters if they decide to do a minitrip

Bullet For My Valentine plays at Graspop , so they are ruled out for Werchter.

In my opinion, Rammstein will coheadline with Editors the same day, and Red Hot Chili Peppers will play another day. It will let two other headliner places to take, I hope that Pearl Jam will take one, or Radiohead (if they finish their studio work in time), or Foo Fighters if they decide to do a minitrip

Do you not think that with Editors having already co-headlined twice RW will want to give them a go and headline (a strong day with a dance act after) themselves?

Do you not think that with Editors having already co-headlined twice RW will want to give them a go and headline (a strong day with a dance act after) themselves?

Editors were solo headliners in 2012, in 2013 they coheadlined because they were repeat bookings and Depeche Mode couldn't do the trick theirselves. If they do coheadline again, I expect it to be with a smaller sized headliner (i.e. The National), rather than a major act like Rammstein or Pearl Jam. After all, those days would sell out either way, then they might as well make use of Editors selling power. 

are we expecting announcements today?

RHCP would be more than a decent addition, don't see how Editors' are a headline band, but hey Kasabian didn't seem massively appreciated over there!

Same here. In Madrid, Editors will play in a 1.200 people venue (La Riviera) and they haven't sold it out despite the 30€ tickets are on sale since summer. I can't understand why are they so big in Belgium. Such an average band...

Edited by johnybegood

It's basically a combination of luck and a good marketing team:

- Around 2010 they grew to sub status, like in several European countries

- A video shot during their 2010 performance goes viral because of some guy singing as if it's his dying breath

- Editors release a Belgium-exclusive single from that performance, hits number 1 for several weeks

- Add in a free charity show on the Antwerp main square to boost popularity

- 2012: Werchter is desperate for a headliner, decides to take the risk with Editors, they pull off a good show and secure future headline spots. Add in a "The Belgians saved us from splitting up" quote to bring up even more love.

Basically, they've stopped caring about other countries and are putting everything into prolonging their Belgian/Dutch headline status (surprise shows, radio and tv performances every few months, major signing sessions, ...).

Editors were solo headliners in 2012, in 2013 they coheadlined because they were repeat bookings and Depeche Mode couldn't do the trick theirselves. If they do coheadline again, I expect it to be with a smaller sized headliner (i.e. The National), rather than a major act like Rammstein or Pearl Jam. After all, those days would sell out either way, then they might as well make use of Editors selling power. 

Didnt they got a 75 minutes slot,  just like the XX who played before them? 

Anyway,  like Dietediet says., either they play as sole headliner or in a co-headline structure,  unless RW plans a mega-Thursday as in 2014/2015 (Placebo-> Metalica-> who-ever-that-was in 2014, FaTM-> Foo-> Chem.  Bros in 2015). 

I guess that if RW wont announce RHCP today then they're  probably the headliner RW doesnt share with Pinkpop as they are usually share two. 

Same here. In Madrid, Editors will play in a 1.200 people venue (La Riviera) and they haven't sold it out despite the 30€ tickets are on sale since summer. I can't understand why are they so big in Belgium. Such an average band...

I think they're good, just not amazing,, crazy that they cant sell a 1200 venue out....

Festileaks just posted an article with a supposed leaked line up. If it would be true, it would be awesome.

Rammstein, Coldplay, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers
Editors, Radiohead, Garbage, Bring Me The Horizon, Biffy Clyro, Netsky, Gorillaz, Urbanus & De Fanfaar, The XX, The 1975, Gogol Bordello, Lana Del Rey, Mastodon, Ghost, Knife Party, Foster The People, Black Box Revelation, Goose, CHVRCHES, Greg Dulli, The Hickey Underworld, Chelsea Wolfe, St Germain, FIDLAR, Guy Garvey, Twenty One Pilots, Todd Terje, Slaves

http://festileaks.com/2015/10/is-dit-de-line-up-van-rock-werchter-2016/

Dietediet, could you say what the paragraph about the trust please ? My dutch is a bit rusty.

Edited by eratiti007