Pukkelpop 2016

DDave

7 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Some more band news: Soulwax announced their very first Summer date, Pukkelpop can't stay behind very long (guessing the week of the 11th, after the holiday period). 

Excellent news. Hope they've got a drummer that's as good as One Man Party.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, SilverLining said:

Cheers, When does the fest sell out usually need to wait till start of May to get a ticket. Im also a vegetarian so is that gonna be an issue, went to a fest in poland and it was a total nightmare.

I'm vegan and when I was there in 2013 was a real nightmare. I only had fried things to eat. It was more or less fried chips, falafels and some vietnamese fried things with vegetables. That's it. I don't know now, I hope they increased the offer. Anyway for vegetarians is so much easier, you have pizza too, for example.

Other festivals like Sziget and Primavera Sound are full of vegan things. Maybe Morrissey headlining would be a solution lol :°)

The new food bit, Baraque Futur, might be a good place to start or was it called Food Wood? Dunno, regardless, anywhere that isn't a stall that surrounds the main stage is the best place to start I think.Main Stage grub largely expensive and a bit rubbish. As mentioned earlier by one of the other chaps, the "new bit" is the best bet. They had insect burgers, not sure if that counts as veggie, but a good example of the alternatives to burgers that the "new bit" offers.

On 23 de marzo de 2016 at 0:24 PM, Semprini said:

Will get mine over the weekend. Finish work today for a fortnight so will have plenty of time to get it organised!

I'm actually going to Hasselt next Friday night. We're staying at the Centre Parcs just over the border in Holland for a week and I'm heading to Forty Five club to see Len Faki. Meeting up with a mate who runs the club and knows a few of the PKP promoters so will see if I can get any new info.

Semprini, did you get any interesting info from PKP promoters?

No, not really. It was 1am when I got to the club and I only spoke with my friend for a short while. He did mention something about them changing the dance area (possibly a new tent, although my memory is patchy) but that seems to be a rumour almost every year now. Went past the site and there's a couple of big shipping containers stacked right on the edge of the road. Not sure if it's a permanent thing or if they're getting ready to do another count down clock like last year?

Agree with what has been said about The Food Wood, it was such a huge improvement on previous years. I didn't venture in until Friday lunchtime but that was then the only place I ate at for the rest of the weekend. Loads of choice and plenty of shaded spots to chill out in - even the sound bleed from the Shelter wasn't an issue! Could have done with a craft beers stall as only the basic Maes was on offer (not even the cherry, dark or white varieties) but wouldn't be surprised if that's addressed this summer. Unless there's someone on early I want to see I'll definitely be kicking off each day in The Food Wood.

Has anyone managed to unearth any interesting new bands form the first announcement? I haven't listened to much yet but I like what I've heard so far from Caspian, HVOB, Lone and Blues Pills. Think I've found my guilty pleasure for this year too - Dua Lipa. 

26 minutes ago, Semprini said:

He did mention something about them changing the dance area (possibly a new tent, although my memory is patchy) but that seems to be a rumour almost every year now.

Chokri did mention changing the locations of some tents in an interview after the first lineup announcement. 

Not sure if you're supposed to see the actual names or if it's just all the letters scrambled on the poster (looks like the latter)? Lots of names mentioned on the Facebook page but it's hard to tell if people have 'found' them or are just guessing (again, probably the latter)?? One person replied with 'Madness' - now they would be a welcome addition but can't see it myself.

So, names so far are

Sia, Husker Du, Basement, Thrice, Selah Sue, Aluna George and more than likely - Edward Sharpe ATMZ

There are also 2 more & symbols on the facebook one, both near the top right.

Chas & Dave anyone?!

Edited by DiscothequeDave