Pukkelpop 2016

DDave

55 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

So, names so far are

Sia, Husker Du, Basement, Thrice, Selah Sue, Aluna George and more than likely - Edward Sharpe ATMZ

There are also 2 more & symbols on the facebook one, both near the top right.

Chas & Dave anyone?!

Too good to be true. Also Bob Mould has released a solo album in the last weeks, so it's more likely to see him tour alone. If Husker Du were going to make a reunion, I'm pretty sure that they would have played Coachella and Primavera.

Edited by johnybegood

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The twitter photo is a lot easier to look at. Think I can see The Cat Empire in the middle too. Just to the right is DRE (as if!) and then SPY to the right again (DnB DJ).

You're right though, it is all a guess. I'm sure if I look hard enough I can find The Beatles and Michael Jackson but I doubt either of them will play.

Soulwax, Klangkarussell, Selah Sue, Sia, Husker Du, Basement, Thrice, Aluna George, Edward Sharpe ATMZ, NAO, Moderat, Roger Sanchez, TV on the Radio, Pusha T, Paul Kalkbrenner and either The Last Shadow Puppets or DJ Shadow 

Is how I make it so far.

Moderat said in a recent interview that they have already announced all their Summer shows, unfortunately. 

But yes, it's like Semprini says: in a puzzle like this you could easily fit any band that is touring this Summer. Last year the second announcement was a lot better than the first, so I'm eager for Friday morning. 

The names likely to be announced tomorrow in my opinion are Edward Sharpe &TMZ, Soulwax, Sia, Selah Sue, Ghost, A$AP Rocky, TLSP. 

A quick question, what's happening on the 17th if all of the DJs announced are playing from the 18th-19th? Are there only local DJs in the boiler room? 

Camping relax plus?

4 hours ago, Karam said:

A quick question, what's happening on the 17th if all of the DJs announced are playing from the 18th-19th? Are there only local DJs in the boiler room? 

Last year there were 3 stages open, the boiler room, the dance hall and the castello. 
It's not a full festival day. Most bands and DJ's were belgian artist, but pretty decent belgian artist like 2manyDJ's, The Van Jets,... I guess this year will be the same concept

15 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I wish I knew how to work snapchat. Got it set up and am following pukkelpop but still getting nowhere.

When you're in the camera mode, press those three horizontal bars in the bottom right. There you'll find stories (snaps sent to all followers rather than just a few), including the Pukkelpop one.

DJ Fresh and GoGo Penguin also in the hints.

On 06/04/2016 at 10:21 PM, DiscothequeDave said:

Soulwax, Klangkarussell, Selah Sue, Sia, Husker Du, Basement, Thrice, Aluna George, Edward Sharpe ATMZ, NAO, Moderat, Roger Sanchez, TV on the Radio, Pusha T, Paul Kalkbrenner and either The Last Shadow Puppets or DJ Shadow 

Is how I make it so far.

Wow, I was way off. Shit puzzle, anyway.

No Haim or Miike Snow. Thought they were nailed on.

I suppose they'll be a few bands from the RW line up that can't be announced yet. A few choice additions such as New Order or Beck could beefen the line up considerably. I don't think today's announcement will do much to shift loads more tickets.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

I know it's not a big consideration for some of you but the dance line up this year is superb. Great mix of live acts and DJs across the whole weekend and today's announcement has only added to the quality. MK, Joris Voorn, Loco Dice and Nina Kraviz all on Thursday will probably mean I won't venture too far from the Boiler. Been a big fan of Detroit Swindle for a while now so can't wait to see their live show.

Kink and Scuba will both be 'must sees' on Friday and Tchami sounds decent too. Absolutely made up for Eric Prydz on Saturday though - just announcing him on his own would have been enough to get me there!

It's worth remembering that this is now just over half of the line up. Granted a lot of the rest will be Belgian acts (not a bad thing of course!) but still plenty of room for further adds.