Pukkelpop 2016

DDave

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Surely Noel Gallagher is the Friday sub?

Yeah, suppose you are right. 

Pretty much makes my mind up that if I do attend this year it'll be just the Friday and Saturday as I'll most likely be travelling alone and don't see the point in paying the extra for a pretty poor Wednesday and Thursday. Friday and Saturday are very, very decent days for me.

There's an excellent live stream on right now from Roskilde courtesy of Red Bull TV - http://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1KNWHGDNH1W11/roskilde

Currently watching M83 (have had their Glastonbury set on repeat last few days - one of the bands I'm now most looking forward to seeing again at PKP) and they've got New Order, Miike Snow, Mo and LCD Soundsystem on later.

27 minutes ago, Karam said:

Are there any more names yet to come?! Foals would've been nice 

I think we're pretty much done, although they're not averse to giving out names late in the day. Kasabian were announced on the 20th July in 2011 and they were announcing bands on the 4th August last year.

Going off the numbers, there could be an extra band or two main stagers on the Friday and Saturday.

You'd think that we've had all the names from RW we're going to get. There's no reason why they'd wait any longer to announce them, which is a shame.

Wonder how ticket sales are going? doesn't seem much of a buzz about the festival this year. 

Foals are 99% ruled out, they've only got the 18th free and they'd have to go from Hungary to Belgium and back to Austria. Not impossible by any stretch of the imagination but I just can't see them doing it.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

Any chance of someone making up a mock clash finder now so I can get the roughest idea of set times? :)

The actual timetable is probably just 2/3 weeks away but I've never known anyone to put a clash finder together. If there's a few bands in particular you're interested in then I can give you a rough idea based on last year? Everyone is listed in the order they'll play so you can tell whether it's afternoon, evening or night.

Will be interesting to see what stages are scheduled against each other this year. I think the Club will now clash with the Main due to its proximity to the Marquee. Wablief and Main will obviously alternate.

All gone a bit quiet on the pukkelpop forum.

There's definitely more to come, the organisers have said that the timetable won't be out till the line up is complete. Les Ardentes festival has been and gone so doesn't look like any names are coming from their bill, Dour is this weekend but can't see any of the bigger acts being announced, unless they go for the Pixies or the Prodigy to give the ticket sales a bit of a kick up the arse. There's Lokerse Festeen to come but can't see much coming from that, Selah Sue being the most likely.

Still at least 1, maybe 2 main stagers to come on the Friday and Saturday by the looks of it. Bit late in the day to expect anything earth shattering now I'd imagine though

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

All gone a bit quiet on the pukkelpop forum.

There's definitely more to come, the organisers have said that the timetable won't be out till the line up is complete. Les Ardentes festival has been and gone so doesn't look like any names are coming from their bill, Dour is this weekend but can't see any of the bigger acts being announced, unless they go for the Pixies or the Prodigy to give the ticket sales a bit of a kick up the arse. There's Lokerse Festeen to come but can't see much coming from that, Selah Sue being the most likely.

Still at least 1, maybe 2 main stagers to come on the Friday and Saturday by the looks of it. Bit late in the day to expect anything earth shattering now I'd imagine though

If you compare this year Main Stage with 2015 schedule, there is only one main stage band to be announced (on friday). I have a theory: Bad Religion is playing in Germany on saturday. Maybe they will play one afternoon main stage slot after NOFX. They have the same audience and would be like a "tribute" to 90's californian punk rock, and would explain why NOFX is playing at Main Stage instead of Shelter.

Selah Sue has other shows on the 17th (Wednesday) and 19th (Friday) so if she'll be at PKP it's gonna be one of the rest and I think she could make a good addition. Disclosure will be at Lowlands during Pukkelpop so maybe another good addition to the main stage. Oh Wonder will be there too and fit what is left to fill in  Pukkelpop for the early evening shows.

6 hours ago, Karam said:

Selah Sue has other shows on the 17th (Wednesday) and 19th (Friday) so if she'll be at PKP it's gonna be one of the rest and I think she could make a good addition. Disclosure will be at Lowlands during Pukkelpop so maybe another good addition to the main stage. Oh Wonder will be there too and fit what is left to fill in  Pukkelpop for the early evening shows.

Doubt Disclosure are coming. No real room for them as all the closers are sadly confirmed and they'd have been announced along with TLSP and BMTH. 

Anyone looking for a rough timetable can take this as a guide from 2014.

http://www.99festivals.com/timetable-pukkelpop-2014-beschikbaar/

Looks like there's room for one more main stager for the Saturday and possibly 2 on the Friday, probably dependant on how long the Chems are on for.

Just had a look through the 2014 timetable and it brought back some nice memories. Was a decent year by all accounts, without too many clashes, so let's hope the timetable for this summer is kind.

Think the Chems will get 90 mins, with Noel and Chase & Status playing 75 mins each. Due to that, I think we're looking at 1 more for Fri and possibly 1 for Sat (although they might give OATW a proper headline slot of 90 mins). Fri in the Castello is a strange one as there's 11 acts down to play, with the last 3 being DJs so will get at least 75 mins each. Not complaining at all as that's my favourite stage/line up out of all the three days. Friday's easily the stand out day for me - there's people I want to see on pretty much every stage but I've got no chance of catching them all.

48 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Avalanches cancelling shows due to illness. Suspect Pukkelpop show will be cancelled as they said cancellations were for shows in the next couple of months. 

The years of relentless touring must have taken their toll 

6 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

Festival confirmed today that the road between camping and festival will be closed for the duration of the festival. Probably a reaction to the horrific events in Nice, decent decision all things considered.

Agreed. Hope the diversions don't create problems with the buses getting to Hasselt though.

An a side note, has anyone camped in the Relax or Relax+ areas? and would you recommend it?

If anything ( and I will probably be massively wrong here) I think this will improve the shuttle service. Sounds like they are creating a one way system so that should mean traffic will flow better as the bus won't have to cross the dual carriage way which was often a hold up on the way back to Hasselt.

Camping wise, I think this is the first time they have advertised the camping as anything other than A and B, but putting some "Glamping" (hate that phrase) at B seems like a good idea, always looked very spacious in Camping B when you go past on the bus.

I've never noticed. Can barely see at that time in the morning. 

Hotels are really expensive in Hasselt this year compared to previous years, even when they were first released.

Still not sure I can bring myself to camp at my age though! I like my creature comforts too much :-)

Hey all, 

This is my first year going to Pukkelpop. Been to plenty of UK festivals (Reading, Download, Bloodstock) before but been wanting to do a Euro fest for some time. Plus I love Belgium so this seems spot on. 

Anyone got any advice for a first timer to Pukkelpop? Line up looks great and any advice/suggestions gratefully received. 

Cheers all

1 hour ago, MathiusGBSBI said:

Hey all, 

This is my first year going to Pukkelpop. Been to plenty of UK festivals (Reading, Download, Bloodstock) before but been wanting to do a Euro fest for some time. Plus I love Belgium so this seems spot on. 

Anyone got any advice for a first timer to Pukkelpop? Line up looks great and any advice/suggestions gratefully received. 

Cheers all

No real advice needed. It is THE best organised festival I've been to. Quick and easy to get food and drink and toilets are no problem. No aggro from anyone and everyone is really friendly. Easy site to navigate and relatively easy to get to and from the site.

stages don't get overly packed and you can normally get a good spot in most of them.

My main advice would be for around Hasselt or the journey to and from the festival. Where is it you're coming from?