Pukkelpop 2016

DDave

5 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Now if we can get the likes of Belle and Sebastian, Haim, Hot Chip, Miike Snow and Jagwar Ma it makes for a very good line up.

Sounds good. Belle & Sebastian for the "shoegaze slot" (knows as that by noone but me) closing the club like Ride/Slowdive did the last couple of years.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

Sounds good. Belle & Sebastian for the "shoegaze slot" (knows as that by noone but me) closing the club like Ride/Slowdive did the last couple of years.

Minor Victories will get that slot probably (new "supergroup" featuring her from Slowdive, someone out of Mogwai, and someone who isn't Tom Smith out of Editors).

Edited by Trufflehound

Lush are around this summer so wouldn't be surprised if they take one of the headline slots in the Club.

Just spotted something quite interesting in the FAQ section of the website. When you click on the 'Price and access combi ticket' tab it states the following: '

• With a combi ticket you get access to the festival on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. On Wednesday you can already access the festival grounds at 16.00 pm for Radio Soulwax and the Boiler Party.

I don't know if this is just a cut and paste job from 2015 but I can't imagine they'd make that mistake?!?!? I'd quite happily take something along the lines of what we had last year, plus it also adds weight to Soulwax playing on Saturday.

On 20/03/2016 at 1:17 AM, Semprini said:

Just spotted something quite interesting in the FAQ section of the website. When you click on the 'Price and access combi ticket' tab it states the following: '

• With a combi ticket you get access to the festival on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. On Wednesday you can already access the festival grounds at 16.00 pm for Radio Soulwax and the Boiler Party.

I don't know if this is just a cut and paste job from 2015 but I can't imagine they'd make that mistake?!?!? I'd quite happily take something along the lines of what we had last year, plus it also adds weight to Soulwax playing on Saturday.

Thnk it probably was a cut 'n' paste job, as it's been changed now. I'm only seeing

"On Wednesday you can already access the festival grounds at 16.00 pm for the Boiler Party.  "

3 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

Shocking events in Brussels today. I'm sure Belgium will be strong and defiant. Thoughts with everyone in Belgium #sterkte

Seconded. Does make you think....wouldn't put me off going but I'm surprised they've not targeted a music festival so far. Hordes of relatively under-prepared innocent people all in one place with relatively lax security apart from the odd pat down on the gate.  

Anyway...RIP to the innocent people who lost their lives today.

7 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Seconded. Does make you think....wouldn't put me off going but I'm surprised they've not targeted a music festival so far. Hordes of relatively under-prepared innocent people all in one place with relatively lax security apart from the odd pat down on the gate.  

Anyway...RIP to the innocent people who lost their lives today.

May they rest in peace.

I always wondered why as well but I was too afraid to ask myself -let others. Security shouldn't be lax but well, people got to enter with their weed. A scanner would take too much time. Explosive sniffing dogs?

let's just not think about it :)

4 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Anyone purchased a ticket yet?

Think I'll wait till the second announcement before committing this year, can't see it selling out for a long time yet.

Yep, tickets bought from a volcanic beach in Iceland. Booked the flights as soon as they were available so we were going regardless!

Will get mine over the weekend. Finish work today for a fortnight so will have plenty of time to get it organised!

I'm actually going to Hasselt next Friday night. We're staying at the Centre Parcs just over the border in Holland for a week and I'm heading to Forty Five club to see Len Faki. Meeting up with a mate who runs the club and knows a few of the PKP promoters so will see if I can get any new info.

1 minute ago, johnybegood said:

I feel really curious to see how quick will Thursday tickets will sell out. Rihanna is one of most popular acts in the world, so she has to sell really fast the 10.000 or 15.000 day tickets released for Thursday. Is they are not sold out in one week, maybe she is not so profitable as we all think.

If she was that popular, her own show would be going ahead. Her tour has sold terribly.

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

I feel really curious to see how quick will Thursday tickets will sell out. Rihanna is one of most popular acts in the world, so she has to sell really fast the 10.000 or 15.000 day tickets released for Thursday. Is they are not sold out in one week, maybe she is not so profitable as we all think.

According to the newspaper who first mentioned a possible move from Boutique to Pukkelpop, her Belgian show merely sold 5.000 tickets in the first 2 months. Considering that it moved from a bank holiday to a weekday + going from 80 to 100 euros without offering a lot of appealing acts for Rihanna fans, it won't sell out really quickly. 

9 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

If she was that popular, her own show would be going ahead. Her tour has sold terribly.

Are you sure? In Milan, Italy, she sold out San Siro (Stadio Giuseppe Meazza) that is one of the biggest stadiums in Europe.

Edited by ilbeyene

hey, I've decided to scrap my usual TITP as the line-up is lacking imagination and try out pukkelpop this year as a few acts that haven't played scotland in years are playing so I quite fancy it.

can someone tell me is it worth getting the food and drinks tokens?? going to book up tickets soon and don't know if i should pay the extra? 

Thanks!

6 hours ago, SilverLining said:

hey, I've decided to scrap my usual TITP as the line-up is lacking imagination and try out pukkelpop this year as a few acts that haven't played scotland in years are playing so I quite fancy it.

can someone tell me is it worth getting the food and drinks tokens?? going to book up tickets soon and don't know if i should pay the extra? 

Thanks!

Yes. It saves time and money.

Only thing I would say about Food & Drink tokens is, treat them as drink tokens. Food inside isn't much cop and is expensive. Easier to nip outside between bands and grab something from one of the stalls. Cheaper and better quality. The Thatched Cottage is a favourite of ours (turn left out of the festival) but there is also a pizza/kebab shop and Frituur if you turn right (about 5 minutes walk) which are decent and offer better value. All the stalls sell beer too, it's about €1.5 for a Juplier so good value again.

Does save time and money to book drink tickets in advance though as the queue to buy tickets is often bigger than the queue at the bar (and you very rarely have to queue at the bar, ever)

Good advice.

The lack of queues really is one of the reasons it's such a good festival. Don't think I've ever waited more than 5 minutes for a beer. The token system and lack of spirits is probably the reason behind it.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

On 26/03/2016 at 1:02 PM, TheNewUnion said:

Only thing I would say about Food & Drink tokens is, treat them as drink tokens. Food inside isn't much cop and is expensive.

Agree that the standard food stalls aren't much cop. But the food trucks in the new Food Wood behind the Shelter stage were a massive improvement last year. Had some good stuff in there.

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

Cheers, When does the fest sell out usually need to wait till start of May to get a ticket. Im also a vegetarian so is that gonna be an issue, went to a fest in poland and it was a total nightmare.

With this lineup it's a question of 'if' rather than 'when'. Safe to say you can easily buy tickets in May. As for the food, they're actively promoting an area on the festival site 'for the foodies'. Don't doubt there will be plenty of vegetarian and vegan offers there.

Some more band news: Soulwax announced their very first Summer date, Pukkelpop can't stay behind very long (guessing the week of the 11th, after the holiday period). 

Edited by Dietediet