Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Afternoon all,

I have my job till at least the 14th of December, which isn't too bad. Got a no from an interview I went to for being to corporate, which is upsetting as I only worked in insurance for 10 months and then went back to manufacturing and construction, which isn't overly corporate. 

I spent Sunday watching a band and watching them through lots of tiny little screens, which made me wonder how differently people consume things in the 'modern world'. Almost like people are too busy trying to show the world that they are having a great time, they forget to enjoy the moment.  You have to look at the likes of Facebook and Instagram to figure out that people are living to get 'likes' rather than just recording memories for themselves. 

Anyway, this got me to thinking that it would be a really interesting gig, if the artist in question said "No phones" so, you can take your digital cameras to capture a picture but the rest of the time you're just in the moment, enjoying the music and then afterwards, you talk in person about the experience. 

I feel like we are all better connected but yet so distant from each other. 

That is my random thought to the day. I am firmly in the camp of bah-humbag at the moment, which is unlike me, I like Christmas, I like spending time with friends and family. With my job situation, I have declared that I simply cannot afford to get gifts until I get a job sorted. At 27 I do wish I had more savings, but, hey, I don't!

I completely agree, Sheffieldlady!! Completely! I do take a couple of pics usually at a gig/concert, but I'm there to enjoy it not to record it. 

*points to eyes* High definition! That's what eyes are for!!! 

Hello all, btw :) Last night one of the choirs I am in sang in the big shopping centre in our town, it was really good fun! There was a photographer, eek. 

Sending love to all those who need extra love today, and even those that don't xxx

Afternoon all

I also hate watcing gigs through phone screen, i'll take the odd pic but thats it

Finished work early....more clearing to do at home when i get in, my dads making himself ill bothering about it so id best ignore the fact im shattered myself and get as much done as i can

3 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I probably won't have a xmas tree. Didn't last year. Actually, I think last year we had one of those magic tree air fresheners as a xmas tree!!!!!! 

We went down to Lyme Regis last week, and collected a big bundle of driftwood. It'll take a few months to dry out thoroughly, then I'll thread it onto a metal rod to make a tree we can use every year, rather than buying one each time. Gets a bit tiring picking up pine needles six months of every year! 

15 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

We went down to Lyme Regis last week, and collected a big bundle of driftwood. It'll take a few months to dry out thoroughly, then I'll thread it onto a metal rod to make a tree we can use every year, rather than buying one each time. Gets a bit tiring picking up pine needles six months of every year! 

What a bloody marvellous idea!! Well done you!! 

44 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Today?! Crikey you're organised!!! 

Not organised at all, haven't done a tap for christmas so far and will get paid again around Xmas eve, last year that was too late to get a xmas tree and ended up with a crappy little black one from B&Q so getting that sorted now and can worry about shopping next payday. 

3 hours ago, sheffieldlady said:

Afternoon all,

I have my job till at least the 14th of December, which isn't too bad. Got a no from an interview I went to for being to corporate, which is upsetting as I only worked in insurance for 10 months and then went back to manufacturing and construction, which isn't overly corporate. 

I spent Sunday watching a band and watching them through lots of tiny little screens, which made me wonder how differently people consume things in the 'modern world'. Almost like people are too busy trying to show the world that they are having a great time, they forget to enjoy the moment.  You have to look at the likes of Facebook and Instagram to figure out that people are living to get 'likes' rather than just recording memories for themselves. 

Anyway, this got me to thinking that it would be a really interesting gig, if the artist in question said "No phones" so, you can take your digital cameras to capture a picture but the rest of the time you're just in the moment, enjoying the music and then afterwards, you talk in person about the experience. 

I feel like we are all better connected but yet so distant from each other. 

That is my random thought to the day. I am firmly in the camp of bah-humbag at the moment, which is unlike me, I like Christmas, I like spending time with friends and family. With my job situation, I have declared that I simply cannot afford to get gifts until I get a job sorted. At 27 I do wish I had more savings, but, hey, I don't!

I so wanted to reply to this where I was...... but the Wifi blocked that function, and so many others too.

""I feel like we are all better connected but yet so distant from each other. ""

is Oh so very very true. Never have we been so able to communicate but never have we (the human race) been so bad at it.

At gigs phone is off and I only have  a small camera at festivals........ but not all day every day.

19 minutes ago, mattyc1965 said:

I so wanted to reply to this where I was...... but the Wifi blocked that function, and so many others too.

""I feel like we are all better connected but yet so distant from each other. ""

is Oh so very very true. Never have we been so able to communicate but never have we (the human race) been so bad at it.

At gigs phone is off and I only have  a small camera at festivals........ but not all day every day.

It's good to try to not take too many photos at gigs.  I deliberately left my phone in my coat at the Warehouse Project recently and had the better experience.  

Once I mentioned to a young chap at Hot Chip who was taking pictures that he'd enjoy it more if he watched the band with his eyes, to which he correctly replied that he'd enjoy it more if I shut up.  Couldn't argue with that.

Edited by stuartbert two hats