Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

As I've already said hye's had a lesser influence on City than he was having at Liverpool :rolleyes: ... but he's playing with better players in a better team and being used in a different way. Only a fool would expect exactly the same big influence from him.

There's nothing about playing for a different team that changes the fact that his main attribute is pace. His technique and his footballing brain hasn't changed either...

Then I can only say I must have only watched the games where they've been shit. :)

Yes, must be :D 

The results are something different to their style.

What you mean that style and results aren't intrinsically linked? Well I never !!

Edited by TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone settle a bloke told me down the pub type argument........

Is it true that when the new improved deal with SKY kicks in, the Premiership clubs could afford to let everyone in for nothing and still have the same amount of cash that they currently get ?

Surely not. Fair play to the Liverpool fans ( and others ) who have stood up against the price rises. It`s obscene the amount of money that has came into the game yet the prices for fans goes up and up.

Cost me £15 to see my team and the kids ( aged 10 ) get a season ticket for £15. Admittedly the standard is shite :mellow:

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

except of course Bony doesn't score goals and Ageuro does, so there's need to get other players closer to goal when Bony is on the pitch.

Which, I suspect, is something of what happened (I can't remember to say  either way).

Too good for WHU then. :P

However good Sterling is or isn't, he's not looking short of anything around the rest of the Man City team, tho perhaps that's because they've dropped off their game a little compared to recent years.

(and before you come back and say "it's Sterling who's dropped them a level", he might be responsible for some of that, but definitely not all of it - all of City's big performers have taken their own dips this year).

And he looked too good for Liverpool, for how they'd been playing at the point he wanted to move on.

So he's definitely better than only good enough for a mid-table side.

Raheem has been inconsistent which you would expect for a 20 year old kid. No complaints from me in regards to his performances this year as they were exactly what I expected. He has shown glimpses of quality and the hope is he will push on next year.

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Raheem has been inconsistent which you would expect for a 20 year old kid. No complaints from me in regards to his performances this year as they were exactly what I expected. He has shown glimpses of quality and the hope is he will push on next year.

Yep, all things considered he's been much as expected.

It's not like he wasn't inconsistent at Liverpool either. He had definite hot-streaks there.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Yep, all things considered he's been much as expected.

It's not like he wasn't inconsistent at Liverpool either. He had definite hot-streaks there.

Hes played too much football. Unfortunately injuries have crucified us this year and he has had a heavy burden to carry. He has managed to come up with a goal or assist at key moments this year and overall he can be proud of his contribution this season. It is the seasoned professionals who need to take a look at themselves this year.

16 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

1 assist and 1 goal since October. 

You have low expectations !

Hes shown promise this year. Yes he can be infuriating at times but he has definitely won me over. He is only going to get better and more consistent. At the same age KDB could not even get a sniff at Chelsea, 3 years on  and he has started to flourish.

Raheem has linked up well with KDB, Sergio and Kelechi. It definitely bodes well for the future.

Raheem has 10 goals this year. That is more than can be expected from a 21 year old wide player in his first season at the club. I would not mind but the season is not over yet. He could score the winner in the league cup final and that would be utterly fantastic for the lad.

Edited by eastynh

16 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Can anyone settle a bloke told me down the pub type argument........

Is it true that when the new improved deal with SKY kicks in, the Premiership clubs could afford to let everyone in for nothing and still have the same amount of cash that they currently get ?

Surely not. Fair play to the Liverpool fans ( and others ) who have stood up against the price rises. It`s obscene the amount of money that has came into the game yet the prices for fans goes up and up.

Cost me £15 to see my team and the kids ( aged 10 ) get a season ticket for £15. Admittedly the standard is shite :mellow:

The increase is large so it sounds plausible, but the effort required to actually check is well above my level of interest. Either way I can't see clubs suddenly saying 'now we can let people in for free and not lose any money'.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Hate the idea of scrapping FA cup replays. Football shouldnt just be about looking after those at the top.

I agree with this somewhat as I would hate to think of a lower league team doing well against a big boy to get a draw and not getting the chance to have another day out.

But the league cup semi having 2 legs is not required and should be shot of

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That makes sense, but would they rather draw at home to Man Utd and get a replay at Old Trafford, or beat Man Utd on penalties and get Oldham in the next round?

Genuine question as I personally would rather the latter, but the way many talk these days it implies the former. Especially financially.

I can't understand fans having that point of view. Obviously the chairman is probably going to prefer the guaranteed financial income 

10 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

I agree with this somewhat as I would hate to think of a lower league team doing well against a big boy to get a draw and not getting the chance to have another day out.

But the league cup semi having 2 legs is not required and should be shot of

Especially with the pishy away goal rules that it has.

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So, Rooney's out for 8 weeks.

Can't it be 6 months? A not-recently-injured old Rooney would be a big enough handicap for England, and we know a recently injured young Rooney is pants in a big tournament.

From memory the only tournament he wasn't crap in was the 2004 Euros? 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Scored 4 in 2004. Hes only scored 2 goals at a competition since. 1 in the WC and one in the Euros. Which is astonishing. Astonishingly bad. 6 goals out of 51 at the competitions. 

Although in fairness it has generally been England's defenders who have been the best players, which gives some indication that playing forward for England hasn't been the easiest job 

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Although in fairness it has generally been England's defenders who have been the best players, which gives some indication that playing forward for England hasn't been the easiest job 

surely that just proves Rooney is a lot short of the hype?

He's far from a dreadful player (when not the fat man, anyway), but is he as screamingly brilliant as the hype around him (in the past, anyway) suggests? The facts suggest he's not.

As for this summer, it's probably only Woy who's thinking Rooney is essential in all circumstances. From my own point of view, if all other options were available (which they might not be, of course) Rooney would defo be staying home.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

surely that just proves Rooney is a lot short of the hype?

He's far from a dreadful player (when not the fat man, anyway), but is he as screamingly brilliant as the hype around him (in the past, anyway) suggests? The facts suggest he's not.

As for this summer, it's probably only Woy who's thinking Rooney is essential in all circumstances. From my own point of view, if all other options were available (which they might not be, of course) Rooney would defo be staying home.

It may suggest that England have spent a lot more time defending than they should. It's not like they have been playing free flowing attacking football handing chances galore to the forwards.

Rooney was certainly overrated in 2010 when the English media were comparing to ronaldo and messi. Now I think the publics perception is about right. As a Wales fan I would still rather see Vardy on the opposing side than Rooney.