Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

Just now, The Nal said:

Giggs has no business managing Man Utd. Just as Red Nev has no business managing Valencia. Just because they were the class of 92 and played under Fergie doesn't mean they can walk into their first managerial jobs against the best players around. They have to learn their trade. Like everyone else.

Like Dalglish did? 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, zahidf said:

same guy said a week before that potch (spurs manager) was going to be the new manager☺

i think they are talking to jose, but i reckon now 4th place is realisitically out of sight, theyd let giggs run things till summer and then let jose in. i doubt he would want to take over the team in its current state!

How about champions league entry by winning the Europa league? I would say that is a tournament Man Utd have a realistic chance of winning and they may think a manager change makes that more likely.  

3 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Bony played instead of Aguero in those two games - Sterling's role was no different. 

except of course Bony doesn't score goals and Ageuro does, so there's need to get other players closer to goal when Bony is on the pitch.

Which, I suspect, is something of what happened (I can't remember to say  either way).

He's good enough for a mid table side. Maybe Liverpool would like him? 

Too good for WHU then. :P

However good Sterling is or isn't, he's not looking short of anything around the rest of the Man City team, tho perhaps that's because they've dropped off their game a little compared to recent years.

(and before you come back and say "it's Sterling who's dropped them a level", he might be responsible for some of that, but definitely not all of it - all of City's big performers have taken their own dips this year).

And he looked too good for Liverpool, for how they'd been playing at the point he wanted to move on.

So he's definitely better than only good enough for a mid-table side.

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Giggs has no business managing Man Utd. Just as Red Nev has no business managing Valencia. Just because they were the class of 92 and played under Fergie doesn't mean they can walk into their first managerial jobs against the best players around. They have to learn their trade. Like everyone else.

I read Butt is running the academy as well now!  I agree in theory about the idea of learning the trade, however its easy to get typecast as a championship level or mid table premiership manager.  Whether its fair or not the only realistic way for a top ex player to get a top managerial job is if they are already at the club in some capacity.

europa is pretty difficult to win. man utd shouldnt hold out on that, i very much doubt they would be able to win it. some good teams in that

fa cup maybe if they avoid the good teams till late on.

giggs managed before when moyes was sacked. he would keep most the fanbase happyish and can get experience for when he (and fergie) wants to take over as full manager. he wouldnt be under massive pressure, and he may keep morale with the players up.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

except of course Bony doesn't score goals

Bony has scored 31 premier league goals. 

Too good for WHU then. :P

Have you had a look at the league table recently? 

However good Sterling is or isn't, he's not looking short of anything around the rest of the Man City team, tho perhaps that's because they've dropped off their game a little compared to recent years.

He's looked shit. 

(and before you come back and say "it's Sterling who's dropped them a level", he might be responsible for some of that, but definitely not all of it - all of City's big performers have taken their own dips this year).

Agreed - other players (including Toure have been shit too.

And he looked too good for Liverpool, for how they'd been playing at the point he wanted to move on.

With Lovren, Mignolet et al that's hardly tough...

So he's definitely better than only good enough for a mid-table side.

Opinions are like arseholes....I'll agree to disagree 

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

europa is pretty difficult to win. man utd shouldnt hold out on that, i very much doubt they would be able to win it. some good teams in that

fa cup maybe if they avoid the good teams till late on.

giggs managed before when moyes was sacked. he would keep most the fanbase happyish and can get experience for when he (and fergie) wants to take over as full manager. he wouldnt be under massive pressure, and he may keep morale with the players up.

The Europa league is a cup tournament when anything can happen and Man Utd already have a pretty kind draw.  While they shouldnt mortgage the house on winning the thing, its probably a more realistic route to the champions league than overhauling 4th place.  There are good teams in the tournament most seasons, yet looking at some of the teams that have competed in the finals in recent years eg Dnipro you dont have to be great to get to the finals.  Some of the clubs left  wont prioritize the tournament, I dont think theres a team left that Man Utd should fear, neither should those teams left fear Man Utd.

23 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I read Butt is running the academy as well now!  I agree in theory about the idea of learning the trade, however its easy to get typecast as a championship level or mid table premiership manager.  Whether its fair or not the only realistic way for a top ex player to get a top managerial job is if they are already at the club in some capacity.

Yep agree entirely. Coaching the under age teams and the B teams first like Zidane, Mourinho, Pep, Ancelotti etc. Learning how to be the leader, not just shadowing the leader and taking training. Big difference between a trainer and a manager. 

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

his scoring for Man City is just a tiny bit better than Sterling's. :lol:

So if Sterling isn't scoring enough goals as a winger, how the fuck does Bony class as a goalscorer? :P

Ok, ignoring the fact you're now moving goalposts, what has either of their scoring rates got to do with Sterling being shit? 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If Sterling is shit, so is Bony, and are 98% of the players in the Prem. :rolleyes:

I see you're suffering from brain fade again today. 

If Bony doesn't score goals, 98% of the players in the Prem don't score goals :rolleyes:

I can be a prick too...

As I said, I'll agree to disagree with your opinion on Sterling.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm saying he's not out of his depth, you're saying he's shit.

One of us is wrong. :D

I said he's looked shit - in a response to a comment you made about him playing for City this season.

This season, playing for City, he has looked both shit and out of his depth. 

5 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

I said he's looked shit - in a response to a comment you made about him playing for City this season.

This season, playing for City, he has looked both shit and out of his depth. 

Pelligrini doesn't seem to think so, Sterling's been a regular.

But anyway, what happened to your "agree to disagree"? I just did that too, but you seem to have disagreed to agree to disagree. :P

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Pelligrini doesn't seem to think so, Sterling's been a regular.

But anyway, what happened to your "agree to disagree"? I just did that too, but you seem to have disagreed to agree to disagree. :P

Pellegrini has taken the best squad in the league to a current position of 4th...

i do agree to disagree, I don't agree to letting you twist things to wriggle out of being wrong ;) 

7 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Pellegrini has taken the best squad in the league to a current position of 4th...

and Moaniho took the Prem champions to the bottom of the league, and LvG has trashed Utd while spending stupid money.

City may or may not have the best squad in the league, but there's much more about their current position than (just) Pellegrini being shit or (just) Sterling dragging them down.

And you think WHU play with a better style this season. :lol:

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

City may or may not have the best squad in the league, but there's much more about their current position than (just) Pellegrini being shit or (just) Sterling dragging them down.

Agreed. Do you have a point or is this just a distraction from your inability to see that Sterling has been poor this season? 

And you think WHU play with a better style this season. :lol:

They do. We're playing much more attractive stuff on the eye and sit 7th. I'm still being careful what I wish for...

1 minute ago, TheGayTent said:

Agreed. Do you have a point or is this just a distraction from your inability to see that Sterling has been poor this season? 

As I've already said hye's had a lesser influence on City than he was having at Liverpool :rolleyes: ... but he's playing with better players in a better team and being used in a different way. Only a fool would expect exactly the same big influence from him.

3 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

They do. We're playing much more attractive stuff on the eye and sit 7th. I'm still being careful what I wish for...

Then I can only say I must have only watched the games where they've been shit. :)

The results are something different to their style.